Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
154,161 - 154,180 of 200,620 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#176755 Jan 23, 2013
Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
So if he was abused, or confused, that is a free ticket to go ahead and rape sombody? People like you are very dangerous to have walking around without supervision. No matter what age they are, they need to be punished fully. You make me sick. You clearly have never talked to anyone who has had that happen to them to be spewing out such idiotic, uninformed hor$e$hit. Rape is rape no matter what age. There is a special place reserved in hell for fu@%holes like you.
Its not a free ticket, what he is doing is wrong, but he is not fully responsible for his actions, he is a child. You don't put fire out with a fire, and punishing him would certainly not be using water to put it out. Rape is rape no matter what age, but for an older person, they should deal with it better, and will have a significantly less tragic effect than a young child being raped. So go fuck off!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#176756 Jan 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
So religion is on topic in a marriage thread because you say so?
And marriage is off topic in a marriage thread because you say so?
See how you are?
Stupid, arrogant and blatantly dishonest.
I will be laughing all day, I respond to yet another post of your harping on your impeachment obsession in a forum about same sex marriage, but I respond about the decline of religion ( and we all know who the opponents of same sex marriage are ) and you tell me to stay on topic.

Too funny, you have to try harder, I am wiping the floor with you before I have had my first cup of coffee. You cannot possibly argue that your impeachment fetish has anything to do with Same Sex marriage, so you are backpedaling into Poly marriage, anything but address your own issues.

come on... think just a moment before you post, you are making it way too easy for me.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#176757 Jan 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be laughing all day, I respond to yet another post of your harping on your impeachment obsession in a forum about same sex marriage, but I respond about the decline of religion ( and we all know who the opponents of same sex marriage are ) and you tell me to stay on topic.
Too funny, you have to try harder, I am wiping the floor with you before I have had my first cup of coffee. You cannot possibly argue that your impeachment fetish has anything to do with Same Sex marriage, so you are backpedaling into Poly marriage, anything but address your own issues.
come on... think just a moment before you post, you are making it way too easy for me.
Danth's Law. You lose.

Group marriage is perfectly on topic in a thread about marriage equality.

The overturning of prop 8 boding well for polygamy is perfectly on topic in a thread about the overturning of prop 8.

You just say it's off topic to avoid revealing your hypocrisy. Because you are dishonest. And a hypocrite.
Rush

Columbus, NE

#176758 Jan 23, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not a free ticket, what he is doing is wrong, but he is not fully responsible for his actions, he is a child. You don't put fire out with a fire, and punishing him would certainly not be using water to put it out. Rape is rape no matter what age, but for an older person, they should deal with it better, and will have a significantly less tragic effect than a young child being raped. So go fuck off!
If your wife, or grown daughter were raped you would tell them to deal with it? Go fu@k yourself you ignorant pinhead. Less significant effect? The best part of you leaked down your mommas leg.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#176759 Jan 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Danth's Law. You lose.
Group marriage is perfectly on topic in a thread about marriage equality.
The overturning of prop 8 boding well for polygamy is perfectly on topic in a thread about the overturning of prop 8.
You just say it's off topic to avoid revealing your hypocrisy. Because you are dishonest. And a hypocrite.
The future does indeed look bleak for Santa-Jesus followers, more and more people are turning away from hate, turning their backs on the foundations of hate in this country.

The fastest rising -percentage of Americans are atheists, and justice beyond what is taught in an outdated religion is coming at last. All Americans being treated as equal, in spite of the tremendous efforts of the Santa-Jesus freaks.

( I already won when you told me to stay on topic after responding to a post of yours on your impeachment obsession, you will have to try again tomorrow, you already lost this day before the sun came up )
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#176760 Jan 23, 2013
Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
If your wife, or grown daughter were raped you would tell them to deal with it? Go fu@k yourself you ignorant pinhead. Less significant effect? The best part of you leaked down your mommas leg.
I would expect my wife to deal with it, but I wouldn't enforce it on her. However, the point was that it would be less tragic an adult getting raped than a child.
Rush

Columbus, NE

#176761 Jan 23, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I would expect my wife to deal with it, but I wouldn't enforce it on her. However, the point was that it would be less tragic an adult getting raped than a child.
Wow you are a great husband.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#176762 Jan 23, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, my wife is not my property, she is my partner, my very best friend and confidant, there is no question of enforcing anything on anyone ever. She is my equal partner in our marriage and our life.

Rape is tragic, regardless of the age of the victim

But you want to split hairs and decide for others how tragic it is on some mental tragic meter?

We did right kicking you immoral people out of our childrenís schools.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#176764 Jan 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you're always mad then! Thought it was just me! That's good.
So. I can only ASSUME you are against polygamy by your hostile ad hominem non-answers since you refuse to tell us.
I won't bother asking anything on topic now, I get the hint. You won't ANSWER anyway.
When have you ever been on topic?
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#176765 Jan 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, my wife is not my property, she is my partner, my very best friend and confidant, there is no question of enforcing anything on anyone ever. She is my equal partner in our marriage and our life.
But you want to split hairs and decide for others how tragic it is on some mental tragic meter?
I never said I would enforce her to deal with it by herself. I would always help her, stupid! Rape is tragic, but not equivalent to destroying someones life if it is only an adult being raped.
Rush

Columbus, NE

#176767 Jan 23, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I would enforce her to deal with it by herself. I would always help her, stupid! Rape is tragic, but not equivalent to destroying someones life if it is only an adult being raped.
Only an adult getting raped? Did God send you that message on the special red phone.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#176768 Jan 23, 2013
Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an adult getting raped? Did God send you that message on the special red phone.
Only an adult...
JB linkos

Monrovia, CA

#176769 Jan 23, 2013
Pig face (orange aid) John Boehner stepped over the line during a lunchen by touching Mrs. Obama not once but three times.

The stupid female who married Boenhner must be a real tramp.

Idiot John B., apparently asked President Barack Obama if he had a cigarette before the luncheon.
Rush

Columbus, NE

#176770 Jan 23, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an adult...
I pity you.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#176771 Jan 23, 2013
Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
I pity you.
Why are you called rush? Are you rushing in emotions and repressing others to try to feel better about who you are? A feel good emotion?
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#176772 Jan 23, 2013
When I speak, Rush tries to compact his feeling of being intimidated by rushing in feelings of superiority!
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#176773 Jan 23, 2013

The yellow cat(named ratchet) in the video is very cute and ought to be supported morally, and politically. I am here to spread awareness of ratchet!

God taught me this.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#176774 Jan 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The future does indeed look bleak for Santa-Jesus followers, more and more people are turning away from hate, turning their backs on the foundations of hate in this country.
The fastest rising -percentage of Americans are atheists, and justice beyond what is taught in an outdated religion is coming at last. All Americans being treated as equal, in spite of the tremendous efforts of the Santa-Jesus freaks.
( I already won when you told me to stay on topic after responding to a post of yours on your impeachment obsession, you will have to try again tomorrow, you already lost this day before the sun came up )
Danth's Law.

Danthís Law is a rhetoric law which states that if you declare yourself the victor in a discussion, you are the one who lost the discussion.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#176775 Jan 23, 2013
Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why we do not want these people to have access to our children
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#176776 Jan 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Off topic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL 69,087
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr papersup 15,971
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 10 hr plastic bins 5,018
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 10 hr punch tips 7,935
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Aug 28 JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Aug 28 Money 1
My fears for Doris Day: Confidante who spent 40... (Oct '13) Aug 28 marti eton square 4
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search