Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,963

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#175424 Jan 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny!
I'll do you in soon!
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#175425 Jan 16, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I will sell you my kids for just $49.95
( chuckle )
Naaaa I love my kids, but it is hard to call them kids anymore, all grown up an out on thier own.
Revealed something? What a statement! You must have some really self absorbed lovey dopey feeling like she does to bother saying such a futile comment.
larry

Los Angeles, CA

#175426 Jan 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny!
Easy there, phagget. You're too stupid to realize what is funny and what isn't.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#175427 Jan 16, 2013
larry wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy there, phagget. You're too stupid to realize what is funny and what isn't.
I do hope you have something with you to use against him. I hope you don't turn out to be damaged goods kicked out of the house.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#175428 Jan 16, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Revealed something? What a statement! You must have some really self absorbed lovey dopey feeling like she does to bother saying such a futile comment.
Or I could absolutely care less what an ignorant racist might think, which is the actual truth
Black momma

Norwalk, CA

#175429 Jan 16, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Donít ever feel sorry for people that spend their time working to try and deny rights to other Americans, and how hope they are forever tortured.
I can't help it to feel mad and sorry for people I don't remember if I posted this before but I had brain tumor neat death experiance went to the other side I don't no one to see of feel hell GOD doesn't care about all these little things just believe and care for people I am far from perfect but I felt the presense of not feeling hunger thirst and no concept of time but a part of me and GOD wanted me back but that was heaven every essense and partical we are a part of one soul
Big D

Modesto, CA

#175430 Jan 16, 2013
Black momma wrote:
<quoted text> I can't help it to feel mad and sorry for people I don't remember if I posted this before but I had brain tumor neat death experiance went to the other side I don't no one to see of feel hell GOD doesn't care about all these little things just believe and care for people I am far from perfect but I felt the presense of not feeling hunger thirst and no concept of time but a part of me and GOD wanted me back but that was heaven every essense and partical we are a part of one soul
I too have had a very near death experience some 15 years ago, had all the family in the "quiet room" and the Dr's told them they had better call anyone that might need to know.

I was saved by modern science, and a good bit of luck ( the Drís surprised I had survived the night and by chance called for help from another hospital that was experimenting the a new procedure for such cases )

Although I donít share your beliefs

But appreciate the sentiment

The only religious people I have a problem with are the ones that want to legislate their beliefs onto others, and want unrestricted access to my children and grandchildren.
Black momma

Norwalk, CA

#175431 Jan 16, 2013
For old time sake if it was me on the othe end pretend someone is saying this with a southern accent
Who cares wha u think bout u jungle bunny go back to Africa monkey how about you take a few more coons with ya (smile) Just thought help language guy have one more good one now you go have some fun
Crossed

Monrovia, CA

#175432 Jan 16, 2013
Former Adult Film Star No Longer Allowed to Teach in California.

Three wagered up judges say, She's a bad role model for impressionable students.

I bet the three judges were shrivialed up old hags or nut less stumps.
Black momma

Norwalk, CA

#175433 Jan 16, 2013
So call religious people that judge are the ones God is unhappy with. I am not perfect I have the gift of sight seeing things before it happens but I don't profit from this gift it scares me sometimes I wonder why me. My bestfriend told me I was angel I told her right cigarette smelling wings wine all over my robe blessing the wrong people falling asleep in the catholic church ah hell not again a sorry angel get mad give someone hemroids (smile) let's take a day off please everyone go to my site school shootings also
Jeffers Goons

Monrovia, CA

#175434 Jan 16, 2013
Chris Jeffers (city manager) and his goon's are busy destroying Glendora, California.

I heard Ralph Nadar use the term environmental racism: pushing dirty projects into neighborhoods where the people were too busy scraping together their daily beans and bread to mount efforts to resist such projects.

But not too long ago a group of women from a predominately Spanish-speaking community in LA fought down an Edison sub-station scheduled for their modest neighborhood.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#175435 Jan 16, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I will sell you my kids for just $49.95
( chuckle )
Naaaa I love my kids, but it is hard to call them kids anymore, all grown up an out on thier own.
I'm sure being a parent is an experience like no other, and the love a parent has for a child like no other. I just figured that the experience wasn't for me.:)
Gone in sixty

Monrovia, CA

#175436 Jan 16, 2013
Some babies were dropped on their heads but you were clearly thrown at a wall

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#175437 Jan 16, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Deeply? Why didn't you marry? How do you care for him? Is he so special and endearing? Like each others energy and company? Awe so sweet and naive. Take up too much time and money? They are worth it all. They are very special. Too self absorbed for kids, and need yourself loved first, I see. Well said!
LOL. He's handsome, talented, great in bed and he loves me. No real reason to get married.

I'm not putting down the choice to have kids. Just figured it wasn't for me.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#175438 Jan 16, 2013
Black momma wrote:
I listen Romeo and Juliet dire I love it because the only thing I gave them credit for was money for nothing. Through all my cancer I am so lucky I have smart kids. My son who is going to be a DOCTOR when he was a baby my step brother who is gay ask me could take him on a outing of course and he would always come back every kid thing you could ever imagine took him to gay pride in long beach ca my family and friends were shock what is the big deal the point he was with his lover for years they travel he was more like the housewife and when his lover died the family just came and act he didn't exist that is why I believe some kind of contract of marriage is needed I don't believe the concept of the gov tracking system but I like presents and wedding cake and to be Cinderella for one day not that slut snow white living with all those little men come now and waist high we are not stupid
I'm glad that you enjoyed Romeo and Juliet, I think it's his finest guitar solo, I imagine his guitar actually crying, but there are many that are not as appreciated as Money For Nothing... Give a listen to Telegraph Road, and Brother In Arms, if you will, also by Dire Straits, you might enjoy those, too.
:D
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#175439 Jan 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dope eh?
He's a real special case! Cracks me up. Tin foil hat and all.
Thinks he's in a special club or something. And we ain't. Too funny!
Well, he is in a special club. The "Tinfoil Club"... more power to the little fella....."sighs" & (shakes head)
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#175440 Jan 16, 2013
Frankies Pudenda wrote:
<quoted text>
Well maybe YOU are stupid enough to go to court without a lawyer....
Lame attempt at a Chongo-like sidestep, but who has to go to "cout' for breaking what contract ? I'm hoping that you, at least, read the post that I was replying to ?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#175441 Jan 16, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm back again, you filthy ingrate! Why did you return now? Did you think I was gone? Also your little crush mikey also confesses to find something "too long and dopey". Looks like he can't read as well either. I already beaten you to a pulp!
I'm amused that you think that you beat me to a pulp, pray tell, when do you imagine that that happened ? And why would you think to call me "ingrate", what on Gawds Green Earth, do you imagine that I owe you for ? Except the opportunity to ridicule you some more ? And, make no mistake, boi, you supply a ready made plethora of opportunities for mockery. You make a lot of noise, while managing to sound even more ignorant than Chongo, and that takes some doing. I don't know where you got your F***ed-up versions of history from, but you spout such nonsense that it is hard to keep up with it all. Your attempts to sound educated leave you gasping for air, and I would be surprised if the attempts didn't leave you giddy... I have 2 cats that are smarter than you are, and they know it, in fact, I believe that, if offered a choice between you and cat litter, you'd be the first choice that they opted for. So, do yourself a favor, and learn a little bit, before trying to come off as knowing something....Or, better still, don't learn anything, since you are a rich supply of chortles for the rest of us. But do ask Chongo for a show of appreciation, because, after a sample of you, he/she sounds like an Encyclopedia Britannica...You F***ing mongoloid.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#175442 Jan 16, 2013
Big D wrote:
Kil Mare
Marriage cannot be dumbed down to for procreation alone, I know many married couples without children, I am not about to stand by and let you diminish their marriage
Marriage cannot be dumbed down to one religion alone, there are over 2000 different religions in this country and none of them are going to define happiness for anyone else. Where is the defense of the thousands of churches that want to preform same sex marriages? Where is their religious freedom?
Marriage should be in the eyes of the government, the law of the land, something that applies equally to everyone regardless of race, creed, sex, religion, orientation or national origin is indeed a legal contract.
1. I never diminished marriage to children alone. I simply and factually noted that marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

I have posted numerous times "If You" which lists numerous distinctions besides children between marriage and gay couples.

One of the most profound is the union of diverse genders, creating a whole new being which happens to also reconnect to the very origin of humanity when life was genderless. Gays can only duplicate their gender.

Childless hetero couples have never been discriminated against in any culture in all of human history. On the other hand, gay couples have never been accepted as married.

2. Nor have I restricted marriage to any religion. Your claim of a Christian church accepting gay couples as married is simply and clearly heresy. The same rejection is true in every major religion.

The only prevailing interest the government has in marriage is the protection of the weaker mate and the children birthed within the relationship. The government has no reason or right to regulate friendships, especially in a discriminatory manner.

Please get your facts straight next time.

Smile.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#175443 Jan 16, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
i see the village eejit is claiming victory
Oh, aye lad, he is, isn't he ? Pitiful, in a sad sort of way. If I wasn't so busy laughing at him, I'd still be busy, laughing at him...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 69,376
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 2 hr Los Angeles 2,266
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr Los Angeles 15,996
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr Runonion 5,072
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 13 hr Blazing saddles 7,954
The inconvenient 17-year pause in global warming (Sep '13) Sep 12 Earthling-1 123
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 11 gotti jr 9
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info