Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,976

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#174764 Jan 13, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. No magic but certainly legalizing SSM will be a step towards legalizing polygamy. What, do you think it's bad for poly if SSM is legalized? Tell us why dummy.
Once again, the topic is Prop 8, not polygamy.

Polygamy was illegal BEFORE Prop 8 and it will remain illegal after Prop 8 is overturned. Prop 8 has NOTHING to do with polygamy. You can believe that it does, I really don't care what you believe.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#174765 Jan 13, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What's condem? You mean condom?
What a dope!
You do realise you could be mocking him for merely dislexia, a disability do you? And how encouraging to a young man like him to hear his elders discourage his writing? Oh what a man of God you are! Do you ever reckognize such a responsibilty to encourage our youth? And what would it teach him to hear an elderly man not show respect to others especially kids? He would think respect and tact is something people don't really care about and doesn't really matter! Oh such integrity!
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#174766 Jan 13, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What's condem? You mean condom?
What a dope!
How come you mock and scoff people who are liberals but not conservatives? Why is that? And how come you don't correct other people on your own side when they do wrong? The bible says not to be impartial with the wicked, nor dismiss the rightious peoples wrong doings! Oh won't God father you when you stand before him!
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#174767 Jan 13, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What's condem? You mean condom?
What a dope!
Look Hudson, look what a rebellious child of God mikey is being! He is having two masters! He is in the world! What does the bible say about letting unbelievers who pretend to be christians in your home for a visit and eating with them Hudson?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#174768 Jan 13, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wellllll..........There's this lil detail: Use of the internet to threaten “the person of another” constitutes a violation of 18 U.S.C.§ 875 ( interstate communication of threat to injure) If it is communicated interstate, federal jurisdiction is created.
Please see the statute at the following link:
http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/875.htm...
And you make claim to have some legal training, eh ? I think that is bullshit.
What was the "threat?"

When did I claim to have legal training?
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#174769 Jan 13, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What's condem? You mean condom?
What a dope!
Look how Mikey is siding with the world! He supports gay marriage and yet says he respects God! Oh looks like he has two masters! The world and God! The bible says a man cannot have two masters, he can only either belong to God or the world!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174770 Jan 13, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Just what charges do you think you can press? Laqueesha pointed out my stupidity, your honor. waa... waa.... waa.....
But I do not mind that you make attempts to trivialize this issue, Hell, son, it pleases me, because it shows Chongo to be in error, yet again. Chongo, who claims that heterosexuals are the violent, racist, blah, blah, whatever. Chongo is always wrong and it pleases me to have another piece of evidence of this. You see, just by mocking my statement and condoning this behavior of Laqueesha, you prove that the gays are the real menaces, and show that it is your side that has no respect for the rights of anyone else, so long as you get what you want. Thank you for this revealing look into the psyche of the gay. Will you admit that it if had been one of your kind receiving the threat, that an arrest would have been made withing the week ? Go on, deny it...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174772 Jan 13, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Oh puh-leez. That is HARDLY a cause/effect relationship. You could also say that polygamy will be overturned after the use of the first atomic bomb. It would be correct, not NOT a cause/effect relationship.
Certainly no more so than Loving v Virginia...
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#174774 Jan 13, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mistaken to state that they are "trivial and insignificant and worthless", they are not. They desire something that they do not rate, but to claim that is completely off the mark. Who appointed you the arbiter of who is worth something and who is not ? Whoever told you that YOU were worth anything ? And claiming that I do not support God by supporting monogamy is also a mistake. You must have meant to say "I do not support God by supporting polygamy" would be a bit more accurate, wouldn't you agree ? Regardless, I do not support polygamy, incest or gay marriage. I DO, however, support the idea that all should receive the same benefits, resultant from the tampering with the Constitution. You, on the other hand, seem unable to grasp the innuendos and subtleties involved in this forum. May I suggest a nice game of Tiddley-Winks, instead ? Perhaps Snakes and Ladders ? You are way past the mark to claim that anyone is "trivial and insignificant and worthless"(except for Chongo, but that is another issue), because you have been treated more than fairly, by both sides of this forum, people that have not mocked you as much as you deserve to be, and if you persist in acting as if you are the only righteous poster in here, I will enjoy watching you be made a mockery of. Who the hell do you think you are ? The only perfect one in here ? Just a silly git, without a clue, that's what you are. Now, be off with you, on yer bike, lad. And if you wish to cite history, then, fer Gawds sake, learn some first. You are an embarrassment to me, and all the people of the Isles. You've shown yerself to be thick, uninformed, narrow minded, uneducated, pompous, and in every way substandard. Plus, as your tag shows you to be from Wrexham, an interloper with no stake in this issue. Who the f**k asked you, anyway ? Go try your "A" levels again, you must have been absent when they were teaching, and you are in sore need.
You sure do know well that saying that wouldn't work with me!

Did you try and hold back all the condor and try to follow the higher road to integrity, and not say more than needed, or expose things about people until necessary? Oh such a big heart!

And how come you revealed things about Rose and exposed things about her and laid into her and said she isn't really loved when yet you claim she isn't scum?

Oh one does hope you do come to terms with your actions and regret them and pay for them on this thread for the use of undisciplined condor you said! Did you say it out of anger? Let it all slip through? Rushed it and thought that it was enough? Oh you better try again if you want to pick the high road!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174775 Jan 13, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, the topic is Prop 8, not polygamy.
Polygamy was illegal BEFORE Prop 8 and it will remain illegal after Prop 8 is overturned. Prop 8 has NOTHING to do with polygamy. You can believe that it does, I really don't care what you believe.
You've plainly illustrated that you care nothing for our thoughts, whilst reviling us for similar behavior...
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#174776 Jan 13, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
But I do not mind that you make attempts to trivialize this issue, Hell, son, it pleases me, because it shows Chongo to be in error, yet again. Chongo, who claims that heterosexuals are the violent, racist, blah, blah, whatever. Chongo is always wrong and it pleases me to have another piece of evidence of this. You see, just by mocking my statement and condoning this behavior of Laqueesha, you prove that the gays are the real menaces, and show that it is your side that has no respect for the rights of anyone else, so long as you get what you want. Thank you for this revealing look into the psyche of the gay. Will you admit that it if had been one of your kind receiving the threat, that an arrest would have been made withing the week ? Go on, deny it...
What was the threat?

Rose NoHo is always correct. You, on the other hand are always wrong, and too uneducated to know it. You don't like her because she puts you in your place and does it concisely.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#174778 Jan 13, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mistaken to state that they are "trivial and insignificant and worthless", they are not. They desire something that they do not rate, but to claim that is completely off the mark. Who appointed you the arbiter of who is worth something and who is not ? Whoever told you that YOU were worth anything ? And claiming that I do not support God by supporting monogamy is also a mistake. You must have meant to say "I do not support God by supporting polygamy" would be a bit more accurate, wouldn't you agree ? Regardless, I do not support polygamy, incest or gay marriage. I DO, however, support the idea that all should receive the same benefits, resultant from the tampering with the Constitution. You, on the other hand, seem unable to grasp the innuendos and subtleties involved in this forum. May I suggest a nice game of Tiddley-Winks, instead ? Perhaps Snakes and Ladders ? You are way past the mark to claim that anyone is "trivial and insignificant and worthless"(except for Chongo, but that is another issue), because you have been treated more than fairly, by both sides of this forum, people that have not mocked you as much as you deserve to be, and if you persist in acting as if you are the only righteous poster in here, I will enjoy watching you be made a mockery of. Who the hell do you think you are ? The only perfect one in here ? Just a silly git, without a clue, that's what you are. Now, be off with you, on yer bike, lad. And if you wish to cite history, then, fer Gawds sake, learn some first. You are an embarrassment to me, and all the people of the Isles. You've shown yerself to be thick, uninformed, narrow minded, uneducated, pompous, and in every way substandard. Plus, as your tag shows you to be from Wrexham, an interloper with no stake in this issue. Who the f**k asked you, anyway ? Go try your "A" levels again, you must have been absent when they were teaching, and you are in sore need.
Oh, innuendos! You even not only betray your own God, but also your own fanatic fundamentalist doctrines! Big stonkers! You fanatical fundamentalists cherrypick the verse "be innocent to what is evil and be wise to what is good" to mean shelter children from the world and make them "innocent" and deranged as well as handicapped, and also as adults yourself refrain from, them! Of course that is ludicrous! But nice to know by using them you are even going agaist you own greed! I'm sure everybody dumps you out! Maybe that is why you are so loney!
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#174779 Jan 13, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop 8 says marriage is a man and a woman. Overturning prop 8 removes that pesky "a" thing. Same as it removes that pesky "man" "woman" thing.
Another legal obstacle to EQUAL RIGHTS is gone!
So glad you don't like it hypocrite!
Polygamy was illegal BEFORE Prop 8 and it will continue to be illegal after Prop 8 is overturned.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#174781 Jan 13, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
And you sound as if you are eating too many McVities Homewheats.. and treacle pudding...
Speak of subtles! Looks like you are starting to test my ignorance again by using more! Looks like you are indeed getting angry! Come on, on your feet! Getting boiled up eh then?
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#174782 Jan 13, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
And you must have one of Chongos "Jedi Mind Reader Hats" on, to know what he wants, right ? Go on, tell us his favorite color, while you're at it ?
Oh nice to see your mimicking and trying to get a little clever! I like it! I speak from what I know!
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#174783 Jan 13, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You've plainly illustrated that you care nothing for our thoughts, whilst reviling us for similar behavior...
Of what value is the opinion of the confused, Randy? You cannot back up one single piece of your argument with FACTS. All you offer are emotion-based arguments and hyperbole. There is no substance to your arguments.

Should we as a society value arguments against gravity?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#174784 Jan 13, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think legalizing ssm will be bad for poly? Please tell us why miss thing.
The topic is Prop 8. Do you have A.D.D.?
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#174786 Jan 13, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying you ??? LOL We are past that point by now, don't you think ? You've called me a liar more than once, already, and now you claim that I am trying you ? LOL I've had enough of your stupidity. You've been trying me, and don't bother to deny it.
You find me getting on your case and got me angry, and thought in your little mind that wirls around in your lil skull that it was honestly best to "expose"(Although you failed)me, and hit back! Oh silly silly! Hypocrisy, hypocrisy!
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#174788 Jan 13, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Liza Lott hates that! He is a huge hypocrite.
He'll deny it but he once posted a wicked rant against poly. Wish I saved the post number. Sounded like some quacked out fundie ranting against same sex marriage! He actually screamed "What about the children?"! Rose_NoHo of course gave him a pass.
Yeah, I wish you would have saved the post number, too.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#174789 Jan 13, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh. Got any more stuff that everybody knows to enlighten us with?
What a dope!
Prop 8 insisted a marriage was a man and a woman, effectively banning poly too. When it is overturned it will be one less legal obstacle to equal rights for polyamorists. So it's overturning is also a victory for poly. Duh.
Don't make me explain this to you again miss thing. If you don't like it. Tough sh!t. Lump it!
So by making up nonsensical claims again you are covering up the fact that you didn't bother defending monogamy? Of just like Esau! Jacob took his gift because Esau said he loved God but didn't really care, it was all about him and little bowl of soup! Well, I suppose God always hated both Esau and Mikey!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 53 min Frijoles 69,404
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 10 hr free for all 5,081
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 22 hr surfs up 7,955
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sat bubba 69 2
Dennis W (Veeser) from Krakow Wi. Fri Mia 1
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Fri scoop 2,273
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••