Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
152,481 - 152,500 of 200,602 Comments Last updated Yesterday

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly boi, your own words betray you, as Chongos does to him. "New", in the face of your claim that there hasn't been one yet ? Pishtosh, old fruit, I've made many, it's just that the big words have confused your bumpkin ass. I am not marginalizing anyone, merely disputing the claim that a group that wishes to be included in a club, since this group lacks the proper credentials. It lacks the necessary components, and fails to meet the minimum criteria. There is nothing elitist in demanding a certain minimum standard be met. Can't you see that ? And I am not refusing to allow them to be gay, it's just that setting the bar is getting in their way. Much like disallowing illiterate children to claim that they've graduated.
Mike/Rock, now that you put it that way, so youíre not an uneducated, arrogant, self-righteous, alcoholic, bigot, hater seeking attention that you donít get in real life? Youíre just logically marginalizing and vilifying Gay Americans to expose their undeserved right to marry because they are hypocrites and just donít measure up. Got it. How could I have been so silly? I have to applaud your selflessness and willingness to share your unbiased worldly wisdom, insight and reason with wrenches like us. Iím sure if all Gay Americans would read your posts (understanding your compassionate concern for the rights of all) weíd just give up the fight for equal rights and accept our predetermined second-class (maybe even lower) status and be happy for that. After all, youíre okay with us being Gay and that should be enough.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike/Rock, now that you put it that way, so youíre not an uneducated, arrogant, self-righteous, alcoholic, bigot, hater seeking attention that you donít get in real life? Youíre just logically marginalizing and vilifying Gay Americans to expose their undeserved right to marry because they are hypocrites and just donít measure up. Got it. How could I have been so silly? I have to applaud your selflessness and willingness to share your unbiased worldly wisdom, insight and reason with wrenches like us. Iím sure if all Gay Americans would read your posts (understanding your compassionate concern for the rights of all) weíd just give up the fight for equal rights and accept our predetermined second-class (maybe even lower) status and be happy for that. After all, youíre okay with us being Gay and that should be enough.
Glad that you have seen the light, and are now seeing things, my way..."Chortle". Still can't wrap yerself around the fact that Mike and I are different, huh ?
pooty tang

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Yes

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
1. Gender diversity vs duplication. Blending different genders creates something totally unique. The magnitute is described and the union of Mars and Venus. Combining Uranus and Uranus is redumbant.
2. Words describe reality. A deceptive description of reality is always harmful to everyone. Marriage at it's most basic essence is a cross cultural constraint of evolutionary mating behavior. Gay couples are a direct and absolute violation of the very basic purpose of evolution.
3. The closer a imposter relationship gets to the real thing, the more clear the counterfeit is exposed. That is harmful to gays. The very fact that they want to pretend they are the same as diverse genders exposes an inner fear of being a defect. Otherwise they would look for their own relational identity.
4. Look up the 'Cinderella Effect'. Read the largest, latest, most scientific study on all family types; The Regnerus Family Study.
Now, you prove what prevailing interest the government has in regulating and supporting friendships, and doing so selectively in regards to type and number of participants.
Smile.
Very interesting, it explains why there's so much reaction to the term,'gender segregation marriage'. Thanks for posting!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
Someone said you are divorced. I believe them, not you.
"Someone said" = hearsay. I've told Rose many times, I've been married 25 years and never divorced. Why is she so intent on marriage denial?

Most same sex marriage supporters base their opinions on faulty logic, hearsay, antagonism toward conservatism and the feel good emotion of sympathy toward a mascot victim group. They don't care about truth, I cite Rose's post above as proof.

If you love truth and hate lies; keep marriage one man and one woman.

Rose_NoHo wrote:
Should people be forced to marry someone of a different race? Same race = segregation; get it?
The only people writing about forcing marriage change are same sex marriage supporters. Traditional marriage is gender integration; same sex marriage is gender apartheid.

If you love diversity and hate segregation; keep marriage one man and one woman.
Gvape

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Legalize gay marriage!!'!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it interesting that so many sinners focus on what they think they understand and ignore what they can't explain in the Bible.
It's even more interesting to watch the passionate persistent push against something you say is fiction.
Ho, Ho, Ho.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because jerks like you try to impose that fiction on others. If you would just keep your nonsense to yourselves, I wouldn't care much.
I can explain anything in the Buy-bull...
It's a bunch of Bronze Age myth and superstition.
Next.
"Like you"???

Where have I ever tried to impose the Bible on you? You don't understand basic physiology and simple evolution, how in hell (pun) could you understand spiritual things???

You can't explain how it starts with life being created out of the ground, and began genderless.

You can't explain how it described radiation with an Alien and his space ship hovering.

You can't explain how it predicted in vitro pregnancy and recorded the virgin birth thousands of years before 1940 when the first 'virgin' birth by in vitro occurred.

I could go on and on...

Somehow 'jerks like me' cause you to have a hissy fit about something you don't believe in. Right.

Ho, Ho, Ho.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
We need a "slam dunk" judge it icon.
No we don't, we need a "No more SSM" judge it icon. And maybe a banana one too.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Banned for making death threats ?
They should ban people who take on someones identity and post stupid shit. No one posted any death threat, and besides they don't ban people here if that was the case this Topix wouldn't be here, lol .... way too many thin skined monkey's here.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Gvape wrote:
Legalize gay marriage!!'!
Why ???
Bruno

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Our Nation is falling.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Overturning Prop 8 will open the door for polygamy...
No it won't. There are still bigamy laws on the books.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
No it won't. There are still bigamy laws on the books.
Of course it will if you dumb down marriage to 'friendship'.

Ho, Ho, Ho.
Black momma

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
So, you're a racist, eh ? Why do you enjoy seeing white folks getting nervous ? We don't walk around, rattling chains at you, do we ?
Just woke up no I am not a racist I relish the thought getting followed around s store , giving my son instructions on how to act when my son who Is in school to become a doctor about how to act when is pulled over by the police no sudden movements, and the ill faded question are you on probation or we pulled you over because
Horton

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Shouldn't you be in Paris?
GoesAways

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Go away knuckle drager of a twit.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
They should ban people who take on someones identity and post stupid shit. No one posted any death threat, and besides they don't ban people here if that was the case this Topix wouldn't be here, lol .... way too many thin skined monkey's here.
Son. I'm about to educate you. I have been banned 5 times. I had a post monkey named Laqueesha Jefferson claim that it should be "open season" on me, with no license required. I logged a complaint about it, and researched the laws on this phenomenon, and discovered that I had 3 years to press charges. Don't talk nonsense.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it will if you dumb down marriage to 'friendship'.
Ho, Ho, Ho.
...and you think that magically overturns bigamy laws?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dummy!
"Polygamy shouldn't be legal because it's illegal"!
TOO FUNNY!
Too Funny that you think Prop 8 has ANYTHING to do with polygamy.
Klickles

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Look we have the out of towners, phoo flingers back.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info