Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,622)

Showing posts 152,421 - 152,440 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Loppers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Do you feel it now?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
It is to hold people who say they are believers but aren't to account, just like the proud church of ephesus did!
You are in no position to attempt to hold anyone to account, as you are as bad as any of them, and God punishes the prideful, remember ? Who do you think you are, Ephesus ?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
So he's the boss round is he eh? He doesn't point out any errors or mistakes, but just laughs at them? He sounds like the devil who is in charge of hell scoffing at the tortured souls!
And you sound as if you are eating too many McVities Homewheats.. and treacle pudding...
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What's condem? You mean condom?
What a dope!
A scoffer! Do you think God being proud of you for your intelligence not being a sheep(God wouldn't really be proud of someone like you)will be worth burning in a firy lake of misery? You laugh at people when yet the bible condemns the scoffer! Looks like he won't be pleased with you after all!
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't dummy. But it's a step forward towards true equality.
Prop 8 defined marriage as a man and a woman effectively banning poly too.
It's one less legal restriction on marriage. Including poly. Glad you don't like it hypocrite.
Excuse me. Polygamy was banned WAY BEFORE Prop 8 and it will continue to be banned after Prop 8 is overturned.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Not like sheep, but can think freely? Just like darwinism, I'm sure you really want to side with the atheists and have sex with satan!
And you must have one of Chongos "Jedi Mind Reader Hats" on, to know what he wants, right ? Go on, tell us his favorite color, while you're at it ?
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mistaken to state that they are "trivial and insignificant and worthless", they are not. They desire something that they do not rate, but to claim that is completely off the mark. Who appointed you the arbiter of who is worth something and who is not ? Whoever told you that YOU were worth anything ? And claiming that I do not support God by supporting monogamy is also a mistake. You must have meant to say "I do not support God by supporting polygamy" would be a bit more accurate, wouldn't you agree ? Regardless, I do not support polygamy, incest or gay marriage. I DO, however, support the idea that all should receive the same benefits, resultant from the tampering with the Constitution. You, on the other hand, seem unable to grasp the innuendos and subtleties involved in this forum. May I suggest a nice game of Tiddley-Winks, instead ? Perhaps Snakes and Ladders ? You are way past the mark to claim that anyone is "trivial and insignificant and worthless"(except for Chongo, but that is another issue), because you have been treated more than fairly, by both sides of this forum, people that have not mocked you as much as you deserve to be, and if you persist in acting as if you are the only righteous poster in here, I will enjoy watching you be made a mockery of. Who the hell do you think you are ? The only perfect one in here ? Just a silly git, without a clue, that's what you are. Now, be off with you, on yer bike, lad. And if you wish to cite history, then, fer Gawds sake, learn some first. You are an embarrassment to me, and all the people of the Isles. You've shown yerself to be thick, uninformed, narrow minded, uneducated, pompous, and in every way substandard. Plus, as your tag shows you to be from Wrexham, an interloper with no stake in this issue. Who the f**k asked you, anyway ? Go try your "A" levels again, you must have been absent when they were teaching, and you are in sore need.
It isn't me speaking, but God!
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in no position to attempt to hold anyone to account, as you are as bad as any of them, and God punishes the prideful, remember ? Who do you think you are, Ephesus ?
The bible says God punishes the proud! But God appointed me here! He told me which people are worthless! And Ephesus the church were just like any other Godly believers, so I should too put people to account! And I have to admit I haven't been paying that much attention to posts, but I have enough!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant they don't support polygamy. Trying me now are you? About time wasn't it? I am actually against polygamy and gay rights!
Trying you ??? LOL We are past that point by now, don't you think ? You've called me a liar more than once, already, and now you claim that I am trying you ? LOL I've had enough of your stupidity. You've been trying me, and don't bother to deny it.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible says God punishes the proud! But God appointed me here! He told me which people are worthless! And Ephesus the church were just like any other Godly believers, so I should too put people to account! And I have to admit I haven't been paying that much attention to posts, but I have enough!
God appointed you, eh? Did he appear as a burning bush and speak English?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
A scoffer! Do you think God being proud of you for your intelligence not being a sheep(God wouldn't really be proud of someone like you)will be worth burning in a firy lake of misery? You laugh at people when yet the bible condemns the scoffer! Looks like he won't be pleased with you after all!
OK, it's time for a lesson in gods English...
Your post, in its original form:"A scoffer! Do you think God being proud of you for your intelligence not being a sheep(God wouldn't really be proud of someone like you)will be worth burning in a firy lake of misery? You laugh at people when yet the bible condemns the scoffer! Looks like he won't be pleased with you after all!"

Now, in proper form, nutbrain...:
"A scoffer! Do you think God, being proud of you for your intelligence, and pride in not being a sheep(God wouldn't really be proud of someone like you), will not consider you to be worth burning in a fiery lake of misery? You laugh at people, whereas the bible condemns the scoffer! Looks like he won't be pleased with you, after all!"
See the differences in spelling and vocabulary ? Come back for more, please do...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me. Polygamy was banned WAY BEFORE Prop 8 and it will continue to be banned after Prop 8 is overturned.
Overturning Prop 8 will open the door for polygamy...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't me speaking, but God!
No, it isn't, it's you. God has more important things to do, rather than use your name, in a post to the rest of us.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but God put me here, to be in readiness for your imminent arrival. He told me to tell you that He doesn't live in Wrexham, of all places, but that He lives in Harrow. He also gave me detailed instructions in how to deal with you. He said that I should tell you off, gently at first, then turn the fires up a bit, and then to .....what was it.....Oh yes! To "try" you....yeah, that was it, yeah. Also, He told me to inform you that you weren't Ephesus, and to stop omitting your punctuation. And to use upper case letters when using the names of others.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Large..." sure got off to a bad start! Is there anyone the jackass hasn't pissed off in his short time here?
He's gonna be fun if he can take the heat and stick around. He's not a very bright fellow is he?
"Whew"....Oh man.....
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
God appointed you, eh? Did he appear as a burning bush and speak English?
Yeah, and I bet that He had a Welsh accent, too....

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Wise wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Silliest argument yet. "Gender integration and segregation"? REALLY? Seriously?
PROVE that same sex marriages are harmful to straight folks. Prove that it harms society. Prove that it would not be beneficial to the gay couples that choose it. Prove that marriages does not provide emotional and financial stability to the elderly - gay or not. Prove that having married parents is harmful to children.
If this is the best you can do, why bother?
1. Gender diversity vs duplication. Blending different genders creates something totally unique. The magnitute is described and the union of Mars and Venus. Combining Uranus and Uranus is redumbant.

2. Words describe reality. A deceptive description of reality is always harmful to everyone. Marriage at it's most basic essence is a cross cultural constraint of evolutionary mating behavior. Gay couples are a direct and absolute violation of the very basic purpose of evolution.

3. The closer a imposter relationship gets to the real thing, the more clear the counterfeit is exposed. That is harmful to gays. The very fact that they want to pretend they are the same as diverse genders exposes an inner fear of being a defect. Otherwise they would look for their own relational identity.

4. Look up the 'Cinderella Effect'. Read the largest, latest, most scientific study on all family types; The Regnerus Family Study.

Now, you prove what prevailing interest the government has in regulating and supporting friendships, and doing so selectively in regards to type and number of participants.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
What is hilarious is that the verbosity of your posts. You seem to have a need to sound intelligent. You're also using words with negative connotation just for the sake of throwing in negative spin. And it makes you seem really dumb. Or can you explain how permitting a small portion of the population access to marriage is "gender apartheid?"
In all honesty I don't expect an explanation. You generally aren't capable of giving one.
Gender diversity? If you count only male and female you're limited to two genders. If you include intersex, gays, lesbians, transgenders, and bisexuals you've got 5 more. That is diversity.
What is hilarious is that the verbosity of your posts. You seem to have a need to sound intelligent.

Since when are GLBT's distinct genders???

Snicker.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
tell ya what. take it to court regarding friendships. see what the judge says. then we can talk about what the judge says, kiddo.
when you need a contract to enter into a friendship, then there's a discussion. until then, well, you lose.
Good idea!

You couldn't answer the question, I'm sure it won't be in court either.

Smile.
BNfrankie

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Nothing is allowed here anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 152,421 - 152,440 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance