Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201820 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Just Me

Bakersfield, CA

#174691 Jan 12, 2013
What I mind is the close-minded people who say they want rights for all. I saw a sticker on someone's car that pretty much said the guy was anti-gay. There were people actually leaving notes on his car, saying he was an a**hole, how he had his freedom why can't they have theirs.
I was a bit annoyed at the fact that people are being pretty much persecuted for their anti-gay views. How can someone preach about equal rights but whenever someone expresses them, they riot? If someone such as a conservative Christian doesn't agree with homosexuality they shouldn't be harassed.
Just Me

Bakersfield, CA

#174692 Jan 12, 2013
You can't get equal rights for all at the sake of one population over another.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174693 Jan 12, 2013
Because scams and chicanery are all you have. It's no wonder that you are an unemployed, drug-addicted, cross-dressing welfare recipient. No one will have you. No one can trust you. You're as slippery as an eel.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#174694 Jan 12, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all blacks are evil of course, but many are dirty little fools! But you probably already knew I wasn't actually assuming it that far. You picked this on purpose! Getting even more ideas? Do you have kids? Probably not, yet you claim you have grand kids!
Why are you fundies such racists? Don't you believe Jesus died for black people?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174695 Jan 12, 2013
Just Me wrote:
What I mind is the close-minded people who say they want rights for all. I saw a sticker on someone's car that pretty much said the guy was anti-gay. There were people actually leaving notes on his car, saying he was an a**hole, how he had his freedom why can't they have theirs.
I was a bit annoyed at the fact that people are being pretty much persecuted for their anti-gay views. How can someone preach about equal rights but whenever someone expresses them, they riot? If someone such as a conservative Christian doesn't agree with homosexuality they shouldn't be harassed.
Agreed. They call us haters, but think nothing of violating the rights of another, to further their cause, which they claim is being violated. a few years ago, I had a bumper sticker that said "WWWDOTCOMMYASS",(no thing to do with gays, and someone had actually scrawled across the "ASS" part. Wish I'd caught them doing it....They would have been pulling the sticky part of that bumper sticker from the inside of their teeth for a week....
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174696 Jan 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you fundies such racists? Don't you believe Jesus died for black people?
Why do you keep bringing up Jesus and black people ? Because: You are insane and caught in a mental loop, from which there is no escape... A permanent condition. You are the racist, as you never ask "Don't you believe that Jesus died for Asians?", or "Don't you believe that Jesus died for all Christians?". Hell, you seek to whip all non-black people with a figure that you claim does not exist. Have you ever tried to pay any attention to the utter rubbish that spews forth from you garbage hole ? If you weren't already nuts, it would make you so...
Black momma

Norwalk, CA

#174697 Jan 12, 2013
First of all who cares I don't being black in white white white white America is hard enough I don't care if you open that whole border let them in. My husband is white I like to see white folks get nervous yeah baby. I will put on the village people and sell rainbow cups rainbow ties rainbow shirts and rainbow booty shorts because you spin me round right baby like a record if this law is pass sorry gays are here to stay get over it. Protest something worth while all these child molestors walking the street serving only a year or two. I'm just upset about the ziegfried and Roy show I wanted to see the same tiger attack show the next night I know my rights.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174698 Jan 12, 2013
I wonder what ever happened to the other spun-out post monkey ?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174699 Jan 12, 2013
Banned for making death threats ?

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#174700 Jan 12, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'll try to use short words so sheesh can follow. Gays have always had access to marriage under the same rules as everyone else. Meredith Baxter and Oscar Wilde are two examples.
So what, b!cth? Men and women haven't been able to marry under the same rules.
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage doesn't include more of the population, intersex, gays, lesbians, transgenders, and bisexuals have always married. Same sex marriage creates a new standard of marriage that include gender segregation. Apartheid is just a long word for discrimination and separatism: policies that same sex marriage supporters support.
You just make an idiot out of yourself when you use this "argument".
And how is Apartheid a long word for discrimination, when it's a shorter word?
Brian_G wrote:
.
<quoted text>I find Sheesh isn't able to keep up with the argument, generally. I hope I prove him wrong.
.
<quoted text>Most same sex marriage supporters don't understand human nature; male and female genders are all there are.
Even if that's true, so what?
I really don't think the government should be checking in our underwear to determine what our rights are.
.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Sheesh is confusing gender with orientation. I find most same sex marriage supporters are confused by any argument that doesn't rely on emotions so they can feel good about themselves.
My argument has nothing to do with emotions.
It's just a matter of equal rights.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#174701 Jan 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Gender diversity vs duplication. Blending different genders creates something totally unique.
There are no degrees of uniqueness.
And your "argument" is the same stupid one Brian_G uses.
KiMare wrote:
The magnitute is described and the union of Mars and Venus. Combining Uranus and Uranus is redumbant.
2. Words describe reality. A deceptive description of reality is always harmful to everyone. Marriage at it's most basic essence is a cross cultural constraint of evolutionary mating behavior. Gay couples are a direct and absolute violation of the very basic purpose of evolution.
That's just rambling nonsense. Marriage is a legal contract.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174702 Jan 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
So what, b!cth? Men and women haven't been able to marry under the same rules.
<quoted text>
You just make an idiot out of yourself when you use this "argument".
And how is Apartheid a long word for discrimination, when it's a shorter word?
<quoted text>
Even if that's true, so what?
I really don't think the government should be checking in our underwear to determine what our rights are.
.<quoted text>
My argument has nothing to do with emotions.
It's just a matter of equal rights.
Your "argument' is the ranting of a madman...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174703 Jan 12, 2013
Black momma wrote:
First of all who cares I don't being black in white white white white America is hard enough I don't care if you open that whole border let them in. My husband is white I like to see white folks get nervous yeah baby. I will put on the village people and sell rainbow cups rainbow ties rainbow shirts and rainbow booty shorts because you spin me round right baby like a record if this law is pass sorry gays are here to stay get over it. Protest something worth while all these child molestors walking the street serving only a year or two. I'm just upset about the ziegfried and Roy show I wanted to see the same tiger attack show the next night I know my rights.
So, you're a racist, eh ? Why do you enjoy seeing white folks getting nervous ? We don't walk around, rattling chains at you, do we ?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174704 Jan 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no degrees of uniqueness.
And your "argument" is the same stupid one Brian_G uses.
<quoted text>
That's just rambling nonsense. Marriage is a legal contract.
Fine talk, from an insane man, whose entire posting career is an exercise in rambling nonsense...

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#174705 Jan 12, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, dude, you asked me to name the books to which I was referring, and I did....
Why lie?
R Hudson wrote:
The same indoc that Chongo disputes is cited here, however...
"Assistant Deputy Secretary, Department of Education – Kevin Jennings
Jennings is the founder of the Gay Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), a group dedicated to promoting the homosexual agenda to school children as young as five. They’re sick people and even promote books that feature adult-child sex in a favorable way...
Then I asked "Can you name one of those books?"

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TH6FC2NTH...

What on earth could I mean by "those books"?
Books about knitting? No. Thermodynamics? No...
Even someone as stupid as you, bigfoot, should realize by "those books" I meant the books mentioned in the quote:
"books that feature adult-child sex in a favorable way" that GLESEN promoted.
You are dumb and ugly.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#174706 Jan 12, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
And, while we're at it, I cut n pasted an entire paragraph, in which that bit about the adult/child sex books were mentioned (I seriously hope that no adult/child sex books are being published), I had disputed your claim that Pro-Gay Indoc books do not exist. What say you, to that ? Do you deny the existence of the 50 or so books that I mentioned ?
Not one of those books featured adult-child sex in a favorable way.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#174707 Jan 12, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you admit (through omission of an explanation0 that you had nothing to report ?
No.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#174708 Jan 12, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep bringing up Jesus and black people ? Because: You are insane and caught in a mental loop, from which there is no escape... A permanent condition. You are the racist, as you never ask "Don't you believe that Jesus died for Asians?", or "Don't you believe that Jesus died for all Christians?".
LOL! Are you really so stupid you don't know why!?
Tell me you are, and I'll explain it to you.
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
Hell, you seek to whip all non-black people with a figure that you claim does not exist. Have you ever tried to pay any attention to the utter rubbish that spews forth from you garbage hole ? If you weren't already nuts, it would make you so...
LOL. You are dumb and ugly, bigfoot.
So, tell me you are too stupid to understand why I ask fundies who make racist statements against black people if they believe Jesus died for black people, and I will explain.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#174709 Jan 12, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine talk, from an insane man, whose entire posting career is an exercise in rambling nonsense...
You are so dumb, you can't tell the difference between a woman and a man.
Guess you don't care in those truck stop restrooms, a mouth is a mouth.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174710 Jan 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why lie?
<quoted text>
Then I asked "Can you name one of those books?"
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TH6FC2NTH...
What on earth could I mean by "those books"?
Books about knitting? No. Thermodynamics? No...
Even someone as stupid as you, bigfoot, should realize by "those books" I meant the books mentioned in the quote:
"books that feature adult-child sex in a favorable way" that GLESEN promoted.
You are dumb and ugly.
Stop being dense. Not knitting, not thermodynamics or geology, either. The same books that I referred to, in the header of my post, you know the one, at the top, my lead-in. Unmistakable to any, except one who wishes, desperately, to not be seen in full flagrant error.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Jun 30 ChaCha 17
drugs Jun 28 jacobjarrard76 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) Jun 28 jacobjarrard76 12
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Jun 19 Dalton 1,538
legit pain P.I.L.L.S n m/ar.iju/an.a Jun 16 Monterey delivery 1
Migraine help Jun 13 Jaybarn 1
public officials violating federal laws Jun 5 Time for accounta... 4
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages