Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,620)

Showing posts 152,381 - 152,400 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Largelanguage

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are extrapolating incorrectly, as you do. I respect God, and accept Him, as my kind does. Why are you being so disrespectful to truth, and claiming that I do not ? I will not take your advice, however, as I think that I am the one who is where he needs to be, maybe you should give witchcraft a try, so as to learn to open your eyes. As one Brit to another (just between you and I), you are embarrassing me, why not belt up ?
Then how come you aren't being loyal to God and defending monogamy?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike/Rock, You couldnít be more wrong. First of all you have no right or authority to tell anyone what they should think, believe or support. Your point of view is merely another way of marginalizing and vilifying Gay Americans. Put simply, saying I have to believe in and support any conceived civil injustice to deserve the right to marry is the real elitist attitude being conveyed in your messages. Youíll have to concoct a new talking point against Gay Marriage as to date you havenít had one.
Silly boi, your own words betray you, as Chongos does to him. "New", in the face of your claim that there hasn't been one yet ? Pishtosh, old fruit, I've made many, it's just that the big words have confused your bumpkin ass. I am not marginalizing anyone, merely disputing the claim that a group that wishes to be included in a club, since this group lacks the proper credentials. It lacks the necessary components, and fails to meet the minimum criteria. There is nothing elitist in demanding a certain minimum standard be met. Can't you see that ? And I am not refusing to allow them to be gay, it's just that setting the bar is getting in their way. Much like disallowing illiterate children to claim that they've graduated.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
But you weren't saying that at first! You were unloyal to God and decided not defend polygamy. If you are an agnostic, you should accept and feat the Lord and his glory, for the possibilty of his existence. And how come you are an agnostic, and yet make such a strong stance against homosexuality, but yet not of the existence of God?
I think that you are not reading. You are reacting, without true understanding. I have already answered your questions as to belief in God, and also explained my stance against homosexuality. Agnosticism cannot be a religion because, by its very nature, it denies the plausibility of religious belief.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Then how come you aren't being loyal to God and defending monogamy?
Because polygamy and incest are as ridiculous as homosexuality, yet the gays argue that gayness is correct, but incest and polygamy are not, and I am highlighting their hypocrisy, when they respond to this conundrum. Don't you understand the subtlety at work here ? LOL, catch on to the game, will you ?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

By the way, Large, you are firing blindly into the crowd. Please select your targets with more accuracy.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that Mr. Hudson and I are not the same person? While both of us are reasonable and intelligent men, we are quite different in that I support same sex marriage and Mr. Hudson does not.
This is a discussion forum, if we censor out differing opinions, you'll have nothing to whine about and it would be boring. What, you're gonna talk amongst your self about redecorating tips?
Mr. Hudson and I have the same right to express our opinions as you Fruitloops. You have no right or authority to tell us different.
No, he does not realize that fact, as there is something in the water, down in his part of Ohio. I was rather of the opinion that it would be fun to let him blunder on, in his blind stumbling, but, what the hell...
It would certainly be a boring forum, to have nothing else to discuss, except redecoration and make-up tips and recipes for fruitcakes...Bet if we went silent for 2 days, this room would get soft. We both understand that they are lost, without us. Keep up the good work, Mike.
:-D
Loppers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

No exuses but:
Waitress strips naked for final shift at Brooklyn pizzeria.
http://www.myfoxny.com/story/20536629/waitres...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what the biased mod is thinking banishing the only posters who keep this thread lively.
Dopes like Rose_NoHo never get banished. Funny that.
I know, Chongo gets around the filters and censors and manages to call people "b!tch" with impunity, while others get censored, and banned, for much less..Think I'll start reporting her abuses and see what doesn't happen...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Perhaps it was one of these posts that had gotten me banned..

"I was posting, earlier this week, about what is happening in America right now, and many do not realize that we are already finished. also, there are many who tell me to stop "spreading propaganda' when I post such things....Like the Nazi takeover of Germany, in the early 1930's. many thought it to be the best times that Germany ever experienced, right up until one morning, when they awoke to the real nightmare, of course, it was too late, then, to make a difference."

Or...

"Even had "rose-no-ho, whom I call Chongo, make mockery by asking me if a shadow government had subverted the election process. LOL. That occurred a long time before any of us were born. The 2000 election was the boldest showing of this phenomenon, the Supreme Court handed Bush a presidency that he didn't win. That election was so filthy that the country should have erupted, but little notice was made mention of it, in the media, and America died that day. The Bushes have been running the country since the 1930's. they even financed the Third Reich, and their control is so complete, that even today, no one knows this. They bankrolled the German War Machine, and it was hushed up. Next time you drive past any of the Thyssen Steel factories, or mills, give them a "Heil Hitler" salute, they were the very company making the weapons that killed hundreds of thousands of Americans and Allies. I was talking to a truck driver about that company, because he was driving a truck from the Thyssen mill, and he had no idea about the history of his employers. Look up the history of this company, and you will see, for yourself...Active and thriving, in America...Google "Bush Crime Family" and marvel. How could this have happened ?"
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I think that you are not reading. You are reacting, without true understanding. I have already answered your questions as to belief in God, and also explained my stance against homosexuality. Agnosticism cannot be a religion because, by its very nature, it denies the plausibility of religious belief.
I wasn't saying whether it was a religion, I was saying you believe God could exist then you should be careful in how you treat him, and not to wake him up! And gay rights doesn't mean polygamy, different fools could have different ideas about gay rights, and some could believe one should be only bound to someone of the same sex or opposite sex. But you aren't stupid enough for such generalizations were you? You were only using that "generalization" as an excuse not to defend monogamy weren't you?
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Because polygamy and incest are as ridiculous as homosexuality, yet the gays argue that gayness is correct, but incest and polygamy are not, and I am highlighting their hypocrisy, when they respond to this conundrum. Don't you understand the subtlety at work here ? LOL, catch on to the game, will you ?
Yes, but they might have their own reasons for believing that incest and polygamy is wrong. That generalization was really an excuse wasn't it?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

I posted those, and, BAM! Banned. Unless my ban was the result of Chongo, and the censors love of him...
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that Mr. Hudson and I are not the same person? While both of us are reasonable and intelligent men, we are quite different in that I support same sex marriage and Mr. Hudson does not.
This is a discussion forum, if we censor out differing opinions, you'll have nothing to whine about and it would be boring. What, you're gonna talk amongst your self about redecorating tips?
Mr. Hudson and I have the same right to express our opinions as you Fruitloops. You have no right or authority to tell us different.
So you are a complete traitor to Gods word now? Being an agnostic does not make it an excuse as normal integrity of an agnostic would accept that God could exist and that he shouldn't be betrayed.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

By the way, Large, you are firing blindly into the crowd. Please select your targets with more accuracy.
And I have already made my own targets, since you are against Christ, you have been targeted not by me, but by God.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw shuddup you silly jackass you're boring me.
I think if there is a God I have to answer to one day, he will like me for not being a sheep and thinking clearly for myself with the brain he gave me.
What point is there in being able to think at a high rate but yet unable to appreciate or love anything and have any value? What a narcissist stupid little statement. He won't favour you if you don't support rightiousness and beauty, will he?
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I find that if you start winning an argument with certain posters you will be censored. Some of my finest work has disappeared. Often only a few posts will be missing, Then of course you get the whole banishment and you are disappeared like some third world dictatorship headed by a bizarre megalomaniac homosexual.
When I see no bad judge-its or responses on my posts, I know I'm getting shadow banned.
You pick your moments to be friendly! How come you only called me stupid when I gone against you? And before, you called the people who disagreed with me stupid and dopey, so somehow I was right once but now you can decide when someone is wrong?

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
What is hilarious is that the verbosity of your posts. You seem to have a need to sound intelligent. You're also using words with negative connotation just for the sake of throwing in negative spin. And it makes you seem really dumb. Or can you explain how permitting a small portion of the population access to marriage is "gender apartheid?"
I'll try to use short words so sheesh can follow. Gays have always had access to marriage under the same rules as everyone else. Meredith Baxter and Oscar Wilde are two examples.

Same sex marriage doesn't include more of the population, intersex, gays, lesbians, transgenders, and bisexuals have always married. Same sex marriage creates a new standard of marriage that include gender segregation. Apartheid is just a long word for discrimination and separatism: policies that same sex marriage supporters support.

In all honesty I don't expect an explanation. You generally aren't capable of giving one.
I find Sheesh isn't able to keep up with the argument, generally. I hope I prove him wrong.

Gender diversity? If you count only male and female you're limited to two genders.
Most same sex marriage supporters don't understand human nature; male and female genders are all there are.

If you include intersex, gays, lesbians, transgenders, and bisexuals you've got 5 more. That is diversity.
Sheesh is confusing gender with orientation. I find most same sex marriage supporters are confused by any argument that doesn't rely on emotions so they can feel good about themselves.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'll try to use short words so sheesh can follow. Gays have always had access to marriage under the same rules as everyone else. Meredith Baxter and Oscar Wilde are two examples.
Same sex marriage doesn't include more of the population, intersex, gays, lesbians, transgenders, and bisexuals have always married. Same sex marriage creates a new standard of marriage that include gender segregation. Apartheid is just a long word for discrimination and separatism: policies that same sex marriage supporters support.
<quoted text>I find Sheesh isn't able to keep up with the argument, generally. I hope I prove him wrong.
<quoted text>Most same sex marriage supporters don't understand human nature; male and female genders are all there are.
<quoted text>Sheesh is confusing gender with orientation. I find most same sex marriage supporters are confused by any argument that doesn't rely on emotions so they can feel good about themselves.
The standard constitution only allowed the opposite sex. Gay rights are being overturned in the states, originally they weren't allowed. The american constitution comes from the british inhabitants who would have religion.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't saying whether it was a religion, I was saying you believe God could exist then you should be careful in how you treat him, and not to wake him up! And gay rights doesn't mean polygamy, different fools could have different ideas about gay rights, and some could believe one should be only bound to someone of the same sex or opposite sex. But you aren't stupid enough for such generalizations were you? You were only using that "generalization" as an excuse not to defend monogamy weren't you?
If I read your post correctly, you are saying gay marriage rights are to be separated from polygamists rights, yes ? I see them both as erosion factors, in the destruction of societal fabric. If we are going to allow gays to marry, then why not allow anything, at all ? My position is that allowing gay people to marry is tantamount to having no meaning to the term "married". That if we allow gays to marry, but not polygamists, then we are merely lowering the bar a little bit, in the name of equality, but not truly embracing equality. Exercising the same discrimination that the gays are arguing against, but at a different level.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but they might have their own reasons for believing that incest and polygamy is wrong. That generalization was really an excuse wasn't it?
No, it wasn't. It is the embracing of "true equality", at it's basest level. The final breakdown of the centuries of refinement that we have striven for. It's no excuse, it's the arrival at the final destination that SSM is driving at, whether they like it, or not. If we lower the bar for them, then we must lower it all the way. Remove it completely. Else, we are taking half steps. Saying that"Group A can have what it wants, but not Group B". Where is the equality in that ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 152,381 - 152,400 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance