Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,615)

Showing posts 152,281 - 152,300 of199,080
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
I believe the person who said you are divorced, not you. You are a vile person, and I often find the "save marriage" folks are divorced.
I've told Rose I've never divorced, yet you continue to spread falsehoods; that makes her a liar. She'll write any lie to further her political goals.

Rose_NoHo wrote:
And your "argument" in this post makes no sense.
Where every culture and time has recognized marriage as gender integration; same sex marriage is gender segregated. Same sex = segregation; get it?

Rose_NoHo wrote:
Even if I were the biggest lair on earth, that wouldn't be a good reason to deny US citizens basic, equal, human rights, you dumb b1tch.
Rose made it to the semi-finals.
Wise

Annandale, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>......
<quoted text>Where every culture and time has recognized marriage as gender integration; same sex marriage is gender segregated. Same sex = segregation; get it?
LOL. Silliest argument yet. "Gender integration and segregation"? REALLY? Seriously?

PROVE that same sex marriages are harmful to straight folks. Prove that it harms society. Prove that it would not be beneficial to the gay couples that choose it. Prove that marriages does not provide emotional and financial stability to the elderly - gay or not. Prove that having married parents is harmful to children.

If this is the best you can do, why bother?
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No Rome lost its empire to the Goths who sacked Rome, and Rome had been Christian empire for over 100 years when that happened. Rome had converted to Christianity after the conversation of Constantine.
Read just a little history, even children’s books before you post, what they are telling you from the pulpit is made up crap.
Roman Catholics did exist until many hundreds of years later
How did Caesar lose his power then? And how come the Roman catholics weren't out of power by then? And Caesar was against Christianity, not for it. And Caesar would have killed anybody who went against him, so people would have been too afraid. Caesar and the other white robed men lost their power quickly, but the Roman empire would have evolved into something else. And the saxons attacked Rome, Rome tried to invade england, but was overtaken by invaders to that land, and Rome itself was attacked.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
so now it's the fall of the roman empire?
here's a history lesson :
http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/gibbon-...
or :
http://www.suu.edu/faculty/bostick/Sample%20E...
"My children understood, so why can't you". Did you learn that from within your own home? Realised it was grown up for your dad to father your siblings abilities and ignore your insecurities? Poor child! So misunderstood and sorry, but so unlovable!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
so now it's the fall of the roman empire?
here's a history lesson :
http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/gibbon-...
or :
http://www.suu.edu/faculty/bostick/Sample%20E...
Constantine only managed to convert Rome because of the barbians attacking and overthrowing Caesar, don't be so stupid!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I just stated a truth, that Christianity helped to destroy Rome. Not saying what, if anything, should or shouldn't have been done about it.
No, Catholics simply converted Rome when the barbians were already attacking it. Rome lost its empire from the start due to the barbians and were therefore prone to conversion. You know more than you do!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Limiting the number of husbands a woman has seems to me just as much an infringement as limiting the gender of whom that woman can marry.
You are now rebelling against the Scriptures now! What a rebellious boy you are! The bible clearly states that a man only needs one wife, and yet you are going against it! You might as well support homosexuality, you unpatriotic little worm!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the person who said you are divorced, not you.
You are a vile person, and I often find the "save marriage" folks are divorced.
And your "argument" in this post makes no sense. Even if I were the biggest lair on earth, that wouldn't be a good reason to deny US citizens basic, equal, human rights, you dumb b1tch.
It makes too much sense! The people who are divorces are people who don't stick to the word properly, just like rebellious mikey!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupid sow, apartheid is imposed. Two people of the same sex deciding to marry is no more "apartheid" than two members of the same race deciding to get married. Should people be forced to marry someone of a different race so we have integrated marriages?
Nobody is talking about getting rid of male/female marriages.
2 people of the same race can be meant for each other(Bit cliche, but God made it this way), while the same sex isn't.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
A few, actually, including you.
<quoted text>
My pic is up.
<quoted text>
When you are in love, dummy, sex is part of that love.
Sex is one way my bf and I show we love each other. A very important way. Gifts, cooking dinner together, saying "I love you", and sending texts with smiley faces all have their places, but sex stands out. But you can't understand what I'm talking about until you have sex.
What do you mean by "pic"? All I see is some sort of leg. Sex is not a part of love, sex is an expression of love. And why do you need sex? Can't you show it with openness and with words? Do you feel he doesn't really love you?
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, homosexuality is an orientation. Gay men need another man emotionally as well as physically like a straight man needs a woman emotionally as well as physically. Why the smeg do you think the whole gay marriage issue exists?
I don't find another man equal to me soothing, or attractive emotionally. I don't need men! How stupid!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Come up with a single real example.
Gun laws!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Come up with a single real example.
I have come to know you now! Not only do you feel unloved, but also too scared and can't trust people enough to be open and honest! HAHAAHAHA
Micky DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by "pic"? All I see is some sort of leg. Sex is not a part of love, sex is an expression of love. And why do you need sex? Can't you show it with openness and with words? Do you feel he doesn't really love you?
He doesn't. No one does.
Micky DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've told Rose I've never divorced, yet you continue to spread falsehoods; that makes her a liar. She'll write any lie to further her political goals.
<quoted text>Where every culture and time has recognized marriage as gender integration; same sex marriage is gender segregated. Same sex = segregation; get it?
<quoted text>Rose made it to the semi-finals.
Rose_NoHo is a liar. Her lies are very obvious but she thinks they are not. She is insane.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so you can't tell me a buy-bull prophesy that has come true.
I made a buy-bull prophesy that came true...
"Randy Hudson wrote:
I predict that you will soon purchase some steak...

It came true! Now predict I'm gonna get laid this weekend. Got my eye on a likely prospect"
How about that !
Impeachment Cobblers

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't know would you?
Not by the way you mangled the language in that post.
Micky DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes too much sense! The people who are divorces are people who don't stick to the word properly, just like rebellious mikey!
Aw shuddup you silly jackass! You're a dope.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Wise wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Silliest argument yet. "Gender integration and segregation"? REALLY? Seriously?
PROVE that same sex marriages are harmful to straight folks. Prove that it harms society. Prove that it would not be beneficial to the gay couples that choose it. Prove that marriages does not provide emotional and financial stability to the elderly - gay or not. Prove that having married parents is harmful to children.
If this is the best you can do, why bother?
No, it is up to you to prove that it beneficial to society. It is up to you to prove that it does provide emotional and financial stability to the elderly, LOL. We have provided links to studies that have clearly shown that children of gay couples suffer more from maladjustment than other children. Your side just ignores all the evidence, as it's inconvenient to your getting what you want. This whole world is a mess, and this is part of the problem, libertines wanting what they want, when they want it, regardless of the results. Go be gay, by all means, just don't expect us, the vast majority, to smile, and nod approvingly, at your pretense that nothing is wrong with it.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>What do you find hilarious about gender segregation of marriage?
Until the 21st Century, all cultures had gender diversity marriage. Now we have gender apartheid marriage; that's not funny in the least.
What is hilarious is that the verbosity of your posts. You seem to have a need to sound intelligent. You're also using words with negative connotation just for the sake of throwing in negative spin. And it makes you seem really dumb. Or can you explain how permitting a small portion of the population access to marriage is "gender apartheid?"

In all honesty I don't expect an explanation. You generally aren't capable of giving one.

Gender diversity? If you count only male and female you're limited to two genders. If you include intersex, gays, lesbians, transgenders, and bisexuals you've got 5 more. That is diversity.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 152,281 - 152,300 of199,080
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance