Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
151,821 - 151,840 of 200,344 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us a biblical prophesy that has come true.
Again, not one of the vague, "and there will be disease and war in various places" type of "prophesy". And no circular ones, prophesies both written and "fulfilled" in the buybull.
The bible doesn't need to say it. The prophecies were written for much beyond the times the bible was written. And the events of them exploding all over the world is good enough.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
God refers to light coming from the stars, the moon, and the sun, never from anywhere else.
The your God is wrong

There is no light from the moon, only reflected light from the Sun, which is an unremarkable star nowhere near the center of our galaxy, and not a first generation one either, many stars are older than our sun.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain how you can whine about polygamy and monogamy at the same time.
"Interested in equality"..... THAT'S a laugh.
It's not a football game. They are not opposing teams jackass! They are different forms of marriage all deserving of the same respect and consideration.

Yes. I'm interested in equality. And you're not. That's why you're mad.

Do your anti-poly rant again! "What about the children!"

HAR!HAR!HAR!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
We enjoyed the party, and wanted to have it, it is as much for our friends and family as for ourselves.
We spent more on the Honeymoon than we did the ceremony.
And there are legal ramifications it was a good idea to do at that point in our relationship
But that ceremony and that piece of paper does not make our marriage, we do.
Yes, and gays can't have the reasons, and the the connections to marry and make it work. And what makes you think you are so special? You are a very poor stagnated individual who has to create his own ideas of the world throughout his own life! You already started to at a very young age and now you listen to your childish self from the past. What a worm! Pathetic!
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The your God is wrong
There is no light from the moon, only reflected light from the Sun, which is an unremarkable star nowhere near the center of our galaxy, and not a first generation one either, many stars are older than our sun.
Like Kirk Douglas and Zsa Zsa Gabor!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The your God is wrong
Getting more ideas again? How smart were you with your parents? A cheeky rascal were you? No wonder it was so hard for them to love you! The sunlight reflected off the moon, making it a great light! Cherrypicking again eh? Kids often do that, with themselves you see, lying to themselves to try to make sense of the world!
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps that is what the Mexicans say of us?
LOL
My point is we are a nation of immigrants
You obviously do not know the difference between an immigrant and an ilegal intruder (squater)- uninvited on the low-down
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting more ideas again? How smart were you with your parents? A cheeky rascal were you? No wonder it was so hard for them to love you! The sunlight reflected off the moon, making it a great light! Cherrypicking again eh? Kids often do that, with themselves you see, lying to themselves to try to make sense of the world!
Not ideas, facts

You and your bible didnít seem to know, of course the people that wrote it didnít know at that time either, which is why they mention 4 corners of the earth that donít exist.

Why didnít he mention that our particular star is Billions of years younger than other stars, that it didnít actually exist at all until an older star existed, and exploded creating a shock wave that was instrumental in creating our solar system.

Many of the elements in our system could not exist in a first generation system you know, only from the remnants of an older star.

This is all established fact, not conjecture.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not ideas, facts
You and your bible didnít seem to know, of course the people that wrote it didnít know at that time either, which is why they mention 4 corners of the earth that donít exist.
Why didnít he mention that our particular star is Billions of years younger than other stars, that it didnít actually exist at all until an older star existed, and exploded creating a shock wave that was instrumental in creating our solar system.
Many of the elements in our system could not exist in a first generation system you know, only from the remnants of an older star.
Same idiot who believes in the big bang! God written it for the ancient rednecks of the earth to understand.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not ideas, facts
Same idiot who believes in the big bang! God written it for the ancient rednecks of the earth to understand.

"Not ideas, facts".

Thats what kids normally say when they thing they have figured it all out when they really don't understand their poorly based doctrines they make up in their own sillly little heads. Nice to see the sheltered dhildhood life you have carried into your later life.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
"Not ideas, facts".
Thats what kids normally say when they thing they have figured it all out when they really don't understand their poorly based doctrines they make up in their own sillly little heads. Nice to see the sheltered dhildhood life you have carried into your later life.
You are so clueless

Do you know the Big Bang was first put forward from a religious astronomer, and considered it a triumph of religion when it was proved to be fact?

There is no doctrine, no belief that I cling to.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so clueless
Do you know the Big Bang was first put forward from a religious astronomer, and considered it a triumph of religion when it was proved to be fact?
There is no doctrine, no belief that I cling to.
No, darwins mates did! The catholic church was against it, you moron.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you say that. the astronomer/physicist I am talking about was Monseigneur Georges LemaÓtre
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
are you saying you donít know the difference between Physical anthropology, Astronomy or Physics?

Honestly?

Did you finish elementary school?
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Making guesses? Never said it was beastility.
1. get the word right if you're going to use it. the word is bestiality, dud.
2. they're educated guesses, not "wags" like you're tossing out.

seriously. you try to tell us you're not an idiot, that you're an adult in their 50s....and then you type what you do in your posts? i've never seen such blind ignorance anywhere else in my life - and i'm in my 50s as well.

seriously, read some books, if you can. beyond that of elementary school libraries.

good luck.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
are you saying you donít know the difference between Physical anthropology, Astronomy or Physics?
Honestly?
Did you finish elementary school?
He was a traitor, and a nazi fascist.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
1. get the word right if you're going to use it. the word is bestiality, dud.
2. they're educated guesses, not "wags" like you're tossing out.
seriously. you try to tell us you're not an idiot, that you're an adult in their 50s....and then you type what you do in your posts? i've never seen such blind ignorance anywhere else in my life - and i'm in my 50s as well.
seriously, read some books, if you can. beyond that of elementary school libraries.
good luck.
Whats wrong? Got on the edge of it? Thats why isn't it?
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The your God is wrong
How can he be wrong if he doesn't exist?
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. So between day two and day four they DID learn that the sun governed the day and the moon the night?
2. Except the Bible never calls the earth flat, it calls it a circle. Maybe you are confusing a mistaken interpretation with what the Bible actually says...?
3. Ever hear of dark matter?
Snicker.
technically, a circle is flat.

a sphere is 3 dimensional.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats wrong? Got on the edge of it? Thats why isn't it?
what's wrong with you?

are you really that mentally disjointed that you can't hold a decent conversation about anything without going off on some oddball tangent that is completely related?

do you not have any scientifically substantiated facts for any of your positions?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••