Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,590)

Showing posts 151,781 - 151,800 of200,204
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of many states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.

Put bluntly, if heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?
P Morgon out

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Didn't you get the memo?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You're 100% sure there is no god? That's faith.
You've got faith. Me, not so much.
No, dumbass. Faith is believing in something for which there is no evidence. When there is no evidence, disbelief is the logical response.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Mikey DiRucci wrote:
I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of many states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.
Put bluntly, if heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?
Skipped Logic for 1st Graders, eh?
P Morgon out

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

He has to go.

He is a hard nosed flat headed fool, P. Morgon..

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You already made it quite clear to me before that you confuse sex with love! We really trust your insight!
I'll take that to mean you've never had any sexual satisfaction. No wonder you are such a bitter little kill joy.
Walking Talking

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Don't be stupid like this offier is and was, she will have some real explaining to do, or she can fall back and Lie her tale off.

Henderson, 28, took out his small handheld video camera and began recording. It's something he does regularly with law enforcement.

But what happened next was different. The deputy, Jacqueline Muellner, approached him and snatched the camera from his hand, Henderson said.

Then threated him, stupid Muellner didn't know her voice was being recorded and her police report is FALSE and full of her LIES.

The city will drop her like a hot potato to save a lawsuit that is in the works! She is a walking taking problem.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Gen 1:3
Yeah? "Let there be light".
Light, day and night before the sun was created in Gen 1:16.
It's clear they didn't know that day and night were caused by the rotation of section of the earth towards and away form the sun. It also seems they believed the moon produced its own light, and it's clear they believed the earth was flat, and the heavens were solid.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text> Skipped Logic for 1st Graders, eh?

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
They are actually increasing in numbers. They haven't "always".
Tell us a biblical prophesy that has come true.
Again, not one of the vague, "and there will be disease and war in various places" type of "prophesy". And no circular ones, prophesies both written and "fulfilled" in the buybull.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>No, dumbass. Faith is believing in something for which there is no evidence. When there is no evidence, disbelief is the logical response.
Definition of FAITH

faith
[feyth] Show IPA
noun
confidence or trust in a person or thing
belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.
belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion
belief in anything
a system of religious belief: the Christian faith; the Jewish faith.

You have faith (confidence, belief) that there is no God. Me, not so much. I think you are arrogant to feel that way. Nature must not give you the same sense of awe that it does me. Probably because you're a miserable dope!

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

WHY DOES IT MATTER wrote:
If you want to marr a rock it is your desition, but dont't make it a law.
our vote doesn't count any more... THAT'S ILLEGAL!!!!
What's ILLEGAL!!!! is denying people equal protection under the law. Even when doing so is popular with dummies like you. Why do you think we have a Constitution, courts, checks and balances, and don't just vote on everything? Because, as they say, democracy is 3 wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Red herring.
Polygamy just isn't an equal rights issue, gay marriage is.
Notice I'm not arguing for or against polygamy.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Red herring.
Polygamy is marriage worthy of the same respect and consideration as SSM.

It is not a fish. It is an equal rights issue.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Red herring.
Red herring.
Gay marriage just isn't an equal rights issue, polygamy is.
Notice I'm not arguing for or against gay marriage.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

I take it the consensus among the people of tolerance and diversity is:

SSM GOOD! Polygamy BAD!

No reasons given. That's the way it is because polygamy is a "non issue"! And it's a fish! And my favorite- "it's not an equal rights issue, it just isn't"

What a bunch of hypocrites!
ANON

Fresno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

:)

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah? "Let there be light".
Light, day and night before the sun was created in Gen 1:16.
It's clear they didn't know that day and night were caused by the rotation of section of the earth towards and away form the sun. It also seems they believed the moon produced its own light, and it's clear they believed the earth was flat, and the heavens were solid.
1. So between day two and day four they DID learn that the sun governed the day and the moon the night?

2. Except the Bible never calls the earth flat, it calls it a circle. Maybe you are confusing a mistaken interpretation with what the Bible actually says...?

3. Ever hear of dark matter?

Snicker.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point.

Sociologists believe that the binding purpose of marriage is binding a father and mother together for the benefit of the child.

No fault divorce has already fractured that bind with devastating results.

To further separate procreation from marriage is to complete the lack of necessity for marriage.

Add to that the claim that a father or mother can be removed from the family without effect and the destruction is complete.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

How is marriage in the absence of family good for the community? Why?

And why privilege such a relationship between two people? Why not two best friends? An employer and his favorite employee? A farmer and his dog?

The social good of marriage, as it has been traditionally understood, has always been rooted, among other things, in its role in the continuance of the human race–i.e., procreation and children. If we excise procreation from the stated civic purposes of marriage–as we are increasingly doing–then what’s the point? It’s just a random, arbitrary relationship that we’ve defined that we somehow think is good for the community. But why?

And what interest does the community have in protecting and subsidizing a sterile relationship between two people “in love”(ostensibly…or not)?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 151,781 - 151,800 of200,204
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••