Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,589)

Showing posts 151,761 - 151,780 of200,210
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Non Psycho Mike DiDucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You give idiots a bad name....
<quoted text>
"Inconsensually"? Don't you mean "unconsensually" or "non-consenual"? And that would be rape.
Getting smart with me? And yes lol, I meant unconsensually.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont lie, I dont need to.
But I didnt see that 100% sure comment from anyone but you
I asked DoDo "You're 100% sure there is no god? That's faith."

You're so hyped up trying to frame me for lying that you're stumbling on your own lies.

What a loser!

Too funny!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I kind of see that too but I'm not so arrogant as to dismiss them and hate or ridicule them. The basic principals of the religion are good. And most Christians are good. You see what you want to see.
The reason religions, all religions were created is to control the behavior of the masses.

There are no basic principles anymore, it is how it is used. Christianity has become a political machine, it has lost all innocence and is now as open as any politician to criticism and attack.

You cant hide behind the skirts of religion saying " this is holy writ" while using that position for political purposes.

Now this is nothing new, been going on for several thousand years now.

But once you realize ( I came to this realization at a very young age ) what the purpose of religion is, and how it is used. It must be exposed for what it is. And here, in the land of the free, we can do that, same is true in quite a few other nations that enjoy freedom.

Some Christians have descended to the level of a hate group, and need to be treated as exactly what that is. Others have not and I donít try to assume all have. But many of the vocal ones indeed have.

You are free to believe whatever it is you want to believe, be it Islam, or Christianity, or Hindu, or Scientology, or Wicca or the volcano God and you will get no argument from me, as long as you donít try and legislate your beliefs system on others not of your chosen belief system. And as long as you keep whatever brand of religion you choose away from our children without our consent.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason religions, all religions were created is to control the behavior of the masses.
There are no basic principles anymore, it is how it is used. Christianity has become a political machine, it has lost all innocence and is now as open as any politician to criticism and attack.
You cant hide behind the skirts of religion saying " this is holy writ" while using that position for political purposes.
But once you realize ( I came to this realization at a very young age ) what the purpose of religion is, and how it is used. It must be exposed for what it is. And here, in the land of the free, we can do that, same is true in quite a few other nations that enjoy freedom.
Some Christians have descended to the level of a hate group, and need to be treated as exactly what that is. Others have not and I donít try to assume all have. But many of the vocal ones indeed have.
You are free to believe whatever it is you want to believe, be it Islam, or Christianity, or Hindu, or Scientology, or Wicca or the volcano God and you will get no argument from me, as long as you donít try and legislate your beliefs system on others not of your chosen belief system. And as long as you keep whatever brand of religion you choose away from our children without our consent.
Loosen up D. Live and let live works both ways.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The funny thing is you think your thoughts are different and better on the unknowable. So you're going to teach us about the unknowable! You came to some great realization when you were real young! We all did Squeaky. You ain't special.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
The funny thing is you think your thoughts are different and better on the unknowable. So you're going to teach us about the unknowable! You came to some great realization when you were real young! We all did Squeaky. You ain't special.
It was no great realization, same is most kids come to with Santa, same thing, and created for the same reason.

No I am not special, I donít think it is even all that uncommon.

Most of my friends knew, same as I did.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Loosen up D. Live and let live works both ways.
Nothing for me to loosen LOL

I defend peoples religious freedoms, you are free to believe in any of the Gods or Goddesses or pantheon of Gods you choose for yourself, and as long as you keep it away from our children without our consent and not try and legislate your believes on others not of your belief, we donít have a problem.

I will even defend you from the influences of other religions, but cross that line, try and turn it political, try and legislate your believes on others or try and get authoritative access to my children and grandchildren and you will have a problem on your hand larger that you can deal with.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing for me to loosen LOL
I defend peoples religious freedoms, you are free to believe in any of the Gods or Goddesses or pantheon of Gods you choose for yourself, and as long as you keep it away from our children without our consent and not try and legislate your believes on others not of your belief, we donít have a problem.
I will even defend you from the influences of other religions, but cross that line, try and turn it political, try and legislate your believes on others or try and get authoritative access to my children and grandchildren and you will have a problem on your hand larger that you can deal with.
So you're a big tough guy eh?

Too funny!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny!
Oh no.. it is just that I am not alone.

There are growing millions of us that will not tolerate that anymore, not only do we have right on our side, but we have the law as well.
P Morgan Out

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

White House Agrees to Respond to Morgan Deportation Petition.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no.. it is just that I am not alone.
There are growing millions of us that will not tolerate that anymore, not only do we have right on our side, but we have the law as well.
You got right, they got god. I'd say it's a draw.

-
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny!
Let me put it another way

I am often invited to our local schools to talk about specific space science subjects that I am well versed in.

But I could have someone arrested for going there to preach some religion.

Things are going the right way, and we arenít about to go backwards.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Whether an atheist, agnostic or religious, always remember Sir Walter Scott.

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive".

Some posters play fast and loose with the truth and it causes them much difficulty. I won't mention names, you know who you are!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Mikey DiRucci wrote:
Whether an atheist, agnostic or religious, always remember Sir Walter Scott.
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive".
Some posters play fast and loose with the truth and it causes them much difficulty. I won't mention names, you know who you are!
That is pretty funny coming from you.:)
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me put it another way
I am often invited to our local schools to talk about specific space science subjects that I am well versed in.
But I could have someone arrested for going there to preach some religion.
Things are going the right way, and we arenít about to go backwards.
I'm a retired research geologist. I do too.

Relax, no one is going to your school to teach religion, God forbid! YUK!YUK!YUK!
P Morgan Out

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Send P. Morgan home to England for a vacation or a time out in the corner.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a retired research geologist. I do too.
Relax, no one is going to your school to teach religion, God forbid! YUK!YUK!YUK!
I am sure they wont. This was really a moot statement, that battle has already been one.

The closest I have come to geology was helping the scientists take core samples in Antarctica around the bicentennial.

Not versed in the subject myself, but an interesting profession. My field is more of a hobby, never a profession (alas ), I am an amateur astronomer, and dabble occasionally ( but not lately ) in high power rocketry, I am licensed as L2, never bothers to get my L3 as in the state of California there arenít too many engines I can use as an L3 and they are terribly expensive.

Expensive hobbies however, except for a one time purchase of a ďgoodĒ telescope, astronomy is a lot cheaper.

The only other Geology I have been around is as it relates to Physical Anthropology, a lay interest of mine.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is pretty funny coming from you.:)
There you go again. Implying I am a liar. Seems to be your M.O. I notice you do it to other posters too.

Pretty low. You have no honor.

You were wrong, Clinton's was impeached. It did not fail. You said it did. No lie.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again. Implying I am a liar. Seems to be your M.O. I notice you do it to other posters too.
Pretty low. You have no honor.
You were wrong, Clinton's was impeached. It did not fail. You said it did. No lie.
You really want to bring into yet another topic your fabulous and glorious impeachment obsession into another thread....

Ok folks, be advised, the one that keeps harping on the subject is now infecting yet another topic with his endless and mindless obsession.

I will no longer be reading any of Liar Mikes posts on this subject just sending my automatic reply

Liar Mike, who lied that I said he was not impeached, who lied when he said I changed what I have been saying, and who lied when he said I was the one harping on this subject that he keeps bringing back up. Who has not been able to find a single post where I said he wasnít impeached, or that I was saying something different than I am saying now.
Clinton was impeached
After being impeached by the house the impeachment ultimately failed when Clinton was acquitted in the Senate and there were no consequences applied that were written into the impeachment.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You really want to bring into yet another topic your fabulous and glorious impeachment obsession into another thread....
Ok folks, be advised, the one that keeps harping on the subject is now infecting yet another topic with his endless and mindless obsession.
I will no longer be reading any of Liar Mikes posts on this subject just sending my automatic reply
Liar Mike, who lied that I said he was not impeached, who lied when he said I changed what I have been saying, and who lied when he said I was the one harping on this subject that he keeps bringing back up. Who has not been able to find a single post where I said he wasnít impeached, or that I was saying something different than I am saying now.
Clinton was impeached
After being impeached by the house the impeachment ultimately failed when Clinton was acquitted in the Senate and there were no consequences applied that were written into the impeachment.
Does anyone try and read this clown's insane blather all the way through? Wow! What a wing nut! "OK Folks..."! What a jackass!

I guess he's mad at me or something.

Too funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 151,761 - 151,780 of200,210
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Monterey Forum right now

Search the Monterey Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 25 min HughBe 68,160
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr Skeet give more 7,811
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr Go Play 4,846
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr This topics peaked 15,911
Ask Dr. Gott: Shingles pain difficult to contro... (May '09) Jun 27 William 4
Marina man twice convicted in 2014Marina man tw... Jun 26 AZ AMIGA 1
White Trash teams with Mexican Banger (Apr '11) Jun 25 Third Party 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••