Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#173933 Jan 9, 2013
Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
YUK!YUK!YUK! "Liar Mike"! You mad bro'?
Liar liar pants on fire!
What a jackass!
P.S. Clinton was impeached. It didn't fail. You were wrong. And that's no lie!
Liar Mike, who lied that I said he was not impeached, who lied when he said I changed what I have been saying, and who lied when he said I was the one harping on this subject that he keeps bringing back up. Who has not been able to find a single post where I said he wasn’t impeached, or that I was saying something different than I am saying now.
Clinton was impeached
After being impeached by the house the impeachment ultimately failed when Clinton was acquitted in the Senate and there were no consequences applied that were written into the impeachment.
Raids

Sierra Madre, CA

#173934 Jan 9, 2013
Cocktaches are liked better then the entire Glendora, California city council.
Raids

Sierra Madre, CA

#173935 Jan 9, 2013
Cockroaches are liked better then the entire Glendora, California city council.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#173936 Jan 9, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar Mike, who lied that I said he was not impeached, who lied when he said I changed what I have been saying, and who lied when he said I was the one harping on this subject that he keeps bringing back up. Who has not been able to find a single post where I said he wasn’t impeached, or that I was saying something different than I am saying now.
Clinton was impeached
After being impeached by the house the impeachment ultimately failed when Clinton was acquitted in the Senate and there were no consequences applied that were written into the impeachment.
Liar liar pants on fire!

HAR!HAR!HAR!

You mad bro?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#173937 Jan 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
How is marriage in the absence of family good for the community? Why?
And why privilege such a relationship between two people? Why not two best friends? An employer and his favorite employee? A farmer and his dog?
Oh dear god! You are SUCH a tired-ass drama queen.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#173938 Jan 9, 2013
Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of many states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.
Put bluntly, if heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?
So heterosexuals aren't getting married anymore? If you had two brain cells to rub together...... you'd still be empty headed. And why would you be interested in monogamy and polygamy at the same time? Because you are just a provocateur.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#173939 Jan 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
And what interest does the community have in protecting and subsidizing a sterile relationship between two people “in love”(ostensibly…or not)?
Marriage brings stability, or do you wish to argue that fact, too?
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#173940 Jan 9, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>So heterosexuals aren't getting married anymore? If you had two brain cells to rub together...... you'd still be empty headed. And why would you be interested in monogamy and polygamy at the same time? Because you are just a provocateur.
I'm interested in equality. Sorry if you don't like equality for everyone, but that's kinda what it means.

Please improve your dopey ad hominem! Please! You can do much better. I've seen a spark of a sense of humor sometimes under all that NPD and anger.

WOO HOOO! Mona Lott!
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#173941 Jan 9, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text> Marriage brings stability, or do you wish to argue that fact, too?
Yes. All marriages promote stability. Even ones you are against. Like polygamy.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#173942 Jan 9, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text> Marriage brings stability, or do you wish to argue that fact, too?
Stable friendships are a prevailing government interest. Oh, I mean certain friendships are...
Big D

Modesto, CA

#173943 Jan 9, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text> Marriage brings stability, or do you wish to argue that fact, too?
LOL the act of preforming a marriage does not provide stability, that us nothing more than a traditional ceremony

It is the attitude toward a partnership and commitment of the people involved that provides stability.

My wife is not my property, she is my partner, my best friend,, and the one person that I could tell anything to.

My marriage is stable, and not because of some piece of paper.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#173944 Jan 9, 2013
Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm interested in equality. Sorry if you don't like equality for everyone, but that's kinda what it means.
Please improve your dopey ad hominem! Please! You can do much better. I've seen a spark of a sense of humor sometimes under all that NPD and anger.
WOO HOOO! Mona Lott!
Explain how you can whine about polygamy and monogamy at the same time.

"Interested in equality"..... THAT'S a laugh.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#173945 Jan 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Stable friendships are a prevailing government interest. Oh, I mean certain friendships are...
Are you having a senior moment or a stroke?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#173946 Jan 9, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL the act of preforming a marriage does not provide stability, that us nothing more than a traditional ceremony
It is the attitude toward a partnership and commitment of the people involved that provides stability.
My wife is not my property, she is my partner, my best friend,, and the one person that I could tell anything to.
My marriage is stable, and not because of some piece of paper.
Then why did you marry?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#173947 Jan 9, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Then why did you marry?
We enjoyed the party, and wanted to have it, it is as much for our friends and family as for ourselves.

We spent more on the Honeymoon than we did the ceremony.

And there are legal ramifications it was a good idea to do at that point in our relationship

But that ceremony and that piece of paper does not make our marriage, we do.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#173948 Jan 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take that to mean you've never had any sexual satisfaction. No wonder you are such a bitter little kill joy.
A killjoy eh? You're the only killjoy here, a killjoy of yourself. You don't have any body you love who you can share sex as a sign of affection with, no wonder you seek it so many times. Poor child.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#173949 Jan 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah? "Let there be light".
Light, day and night before the sun was created in Gen 1:16.
It's clear they didn't know that day and night were caused by the rotation of section of the earth towards and away form the sun. It also seems they believed the moon produced its own light, and it's clear they believed the earth was flat, and the heavens were solid.
God refers to light coming from the stars, the moon, and the sun, never from anywhere else.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#173950 Jan 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us a biblical prophesy that has come true.
Again, not one of the vague, "and there will be disease and war in various places" type of "prophesy". And no circular ones, prophesies both written and "fulfilled" in the buybull.
The bible doesn't need to say it. The prophecies were written for much beyond the times the bible was written. And the events of them exploding all over the world is good enough.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#173951 Jan 9, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
God refers to light coming from the stars, the moon, and the sun, never from anywhere else.
The your God is wrong

There is no light from the moon, only reflected light from the Sun, which is an unremarkable star nowhere near the center of our galaxy, and not a first generation one either, many stars are older than our sun.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#173952 Jan 9, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain how you can whine about polygamy and monogamy at the same time.
"Interested in equality"..... THAT'S a laugh.
It's not a football game. They are not opposing teams jackass! They are different forms of marriage all deserving of the same respect and consideration.

Yes. I'm interested in equality. And you're not. That's why you're mad.

Do your anti-poly rant again! "What about the children!"

HAR!HAR!HAR!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 hr L Morales 71,257
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 23 Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1

Freeze Warning for Monterey County was issued at December 27 at 2:57AM PST

Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:31 am PST