Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201820 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Big D

Modesto, CA

#173897 Jan 8, 2013
Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again. Implying I am a liar. Seems to be your M.O. I notice you do it to other posters too.
Pretty low. You have no honor.
You were wrong, Clinton's was impeached. It did not fail. You said it did. No lie.
You really want to bring into yet another topic your fabulous and glorious impeachment obsession into another thread....

Ok folks, be advised, the one that keeps harping on the subject is now infecting yet another topic with his endless and mindless obsession.

I will no longer be reading any of Liar Mikes posts on this subject just sending my automatic reply

Liar Mike, who lied that I said he was not impeached, who lied when he said I changed what I have been saying, and who lied when he said I was the one harping on this subject that he keeps bringing back up. Who has not been able to find a single post where I said he wasn’t impeached, or that I was saying something different than I am saying now.
Clinton was impeached
After being impeached by the house the impeachment ultimately failed when Clinton was acquitted in the Senate and there were no consequences applied that were written into the impeachment.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#173898 Jan 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You really want to bring into yet another topic your fabulous and glorious impeachment obsession into another thread....
Ok folks, be advised, the one that keeps harping on the subject is now infecting yet another topic with his endless and mindless obsession.
I will no longer be reading any of Liar Mikes posts on this subject just sending my automatic reply
Liar Mike, who lied that I said he was not impeached, who lied when he said I changed what I have been saying, and who lied when he said I was the one harping on this subject that he keeps bringing back up. Who has not been able to find a single post where I said he wasn’t impeached, or that I was saying something different than I am saying now.
Clinton was impeached
After being impeached by the house the impeachment ultimately failed when Clinton was acquitted in the Senate and there were no consequences applied that were written into the impeachment.
Does anyone try and read this clown's insane blather all the way through? Wow! What a wing nut! "OK Folks..."! What a jackass!

I guess he's mad at me or something.

Too funny!
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#173899 Jan 8, 2013
I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of many states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.

Put bluntly, if heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?
P Morgon out

Sierra Madre, CA

#173905 Jan 8, 2013
Didn't you get the memo?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#173906 Jan 8, 2013
Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You're 100% sure there is no god? That's faith.
You've got faith. Me, not so much.
No, dumbass. Faith is believing in something for which there is no evidence. When there is no evidence, disbelief is the logical response.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#173907 Jan 8, 2013
Mikey DiRucci wrote:
I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of many states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.
Put bluntly, if heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?
Skipped Logic for 1st Graders, eh?
P Morgon out

Sierra Madre, CA

#173910 Jan 8, 2013
He has to go.

He is a hard nosed flat headed fool, P. Morgon..

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#173911 Jan 8, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You already made it quite clear to me before that you confuse sex with love! We really trust your insight!
I'll take that to mean you've never had any sexual satisfaction. No wonder you are such a bitter little kill joy.
Walking Talking

Sierra Madre, CA

#173913 Jan 8, 2013
Don't be stupid like this offier is and was, she will have some real explaining to do, or she can fall back and Lie her tale off.

Henderson, 28, took out his small handheld video camera and began recording. It's something he does regularly with law enforcement.

But what happened next was different. The deputy, Jacqueline Muellner, approached him and snatched the camera from his hand, Henderson said.

Then threated him, stupid Muellner didn't know her voice was being recorded and her police report is FALSE and full of her LIES.

The city will drop her like a hot potato to save a lawsuit that is in the works! She is a walking taking problem.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#173914 Jan 8, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Gen 1:3
Yeah? "Let there be light".
Light, day and night before the sun was created in Gen 1:16.
It's clear they didn't know that day and night were caused by the rotation of section of the earth towards and away form the sun. It also seems they believed the moon produced its own light, and it's clear they believed the earth was flat, and the heavens were solid.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#173915 Jan 8, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text> Skipped Logic for 1st Graders, eh?
I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of many states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.

Put bluntly, if heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#173916 Jan 8, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
They are actually increasing in numbers. They haven't "always".
Tell us a biblical prophesy that has come true.
Again, not one of the vague, "and there will be disease and war in various places" type of "prophesy". And no circular ones, prophesies both written and "fulfilled" in the buybull.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#173917 Jan 8, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>No, dumbass. Faith is believing in something for which there is no evidence. When there is no evidence, disbelief is the logical response.
Definition of FAITH

faith
[feyth] Show IPA
noun
1.
confidence or trust in a person or thing
2.
belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.
3.
belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion
4.
belief in anything
5.
a system of religious belief: the Christian faith; the Jewish faith.

You have faith (confidence, belief) that there is no God. Me, not so much. I think you are arrogant to feel that way. Nature must not give you the same sense of awe that it does me. Probably because you're a miserable dope!

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#173918 Jan 8, 2013
WHY DOES IT MATTER wrote:
If you want to marr a rock it is your desition, but dont't make it a law.
our vote doesn't count any more... THAT'S ILLEGAL!!!!
What's ILLEGAL!!!! is denying people equal protection under the law. Even when doing so is popular with dummies like you. Why do you think we have a Constitution, courts, checks and balances, and don't just vote on everything? Because, as they say, democracy is 3 wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#173919 Jan 8, 2013
Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of many states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.
Put bluntly, if heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?
Red herring.
Polygamy just isn't an equal rights issue, gay marriage is.
Notice I'm not arguing for or against polygamy.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#173920 Jan 8, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Red herring.
Polygamy just isn't an equal rights issue, gay marriage is.
Notice I'm not arguing for or against polygamy.
Polygamy is marriage worthy of the same respect and consideration as SSM.

It is not a fish. It is an equal rights issue.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#173921 Jan 8, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Red herring.
Polygamy just isn't an equal rights issue, gay marriage is.
Notice I'm not arguing for or against polygamy.
Red herring.
Gay marriage just isn't an equal rights issue, polygamy is.
Notice I'm not arguing for or against gay marriage.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#173924 Jan 8, 2013
I take it the consensus among the people of tolerance and diversity is:

SSM GOOD! Polygamy BAD!

No reasons given. That's the way it is because polygamy is a "non issue"! And it's a fish! And my favorite- "it's not an equal rights issue, it just isn't"

What a bunch of hypocrites!
ANON

Fresno, CA

#173925 Jan 8, 2013
:)

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#173926 Jan 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah? "Let there be light".
Light, day and night before the sun was created in Gen 1:16.
It's clear they didn't know that day and night were caused by the rotation of section of the earth towards and away form the sun. It also seems they believed the moon produced its own light, and it's clear they believed the earth was flat, and the heavens were solid.
1. So between day two and day four they DID learn that the sun governed the day and the moon the night?

2. Except the Bible never calls the earth flat, it calls it a circle. Maybe you are confusing a mistaken interpretation with what the Bible actually says...?

3. Ever hear of dark matter?

Snicker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Jun 30 ChaCha 17
drugs Jun 28 jacobjarrard76 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) Jun 28 jacobjarrard76 12
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Jun 19 Dalton 1,538
legit pain P.I.L.L.S n m/ar.iju/an.a Jun 16 Monterey delivery 1
Migraine help Jun 13 Jaybarn 1
public officials violating federal laws Jun 5 Time for accounta... 4
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages