Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,579)

Showing posts 151,561 - 151,580 of199,086
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
JokeNowToo

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Two winners!

That is why when I hear John McCain blocking Susan's Rice's nomination for Secretary of State, I think " Hmm..he chose Sarah Palin as a VP running mate.

This is the person he thought was suitable as a PRESIDENT.

"Say no more."

I used to half respect him,but now, he is a bitter old man.

He would see this country crumble in the hands of Palin and I have ZERO respect for him.

He wanted Rice out of the way to move his boy into the Mass. Senate seat."

McCain is a joke now too.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
How do your splintered teeth taste?
LOL! Did you post a single book promoted to children as young as five by GLSEN that features adult-child sex in a favorable way? I didn't see it!(I didn't read every single word of your rambling copy/paste job.)
Bigfoot, don't just copy/paste...read!

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Baby Be Bop
By Francesca Lia Block (HarperCollins)
Click here to view Kids' Right to Read Project interview with Francesca Lia Block.
Baby Be Bop was one of 55 books that parents in Fayetteville, Arkansas petitioned to have removed from school libraries. The parents formed Parents Protecting the Minds of Children and objected to the profane language and depictions of sexuality in the book. They also accused librarians and other opponents of their efforts of promoting a homosexual agenda. PPMC objected specifically to Baby Be Bop because of its written style, saying ‘There are just plain too many teenager-aimed books nowadays that have this sort of choppy, half-conscious, half-delirious, not quite stream of consciousness style of writing.’
LOL! The people objected to the writing style, nothing about adult/child sex!
R Hudson wrote:
Baby Be Bop is also on a list of titles that a local group in West Bend, Wisconsin called West Bend Citizens for Safe Libraries objects to seeing in the local public library. In February, the group requested that the library board remove a page of recommended titles about LGBTQ issues for young people (including Baby Be Bop). They also demanded that the books be moved from the youth section of the library and placed with the adult collection,‘to protect children from accessing them without their parents’ knowledge and supervision.’ The Christian Civil Liberities Union - Milwaukee branch filed legal suit against the city of West Bend claiming its elderly plantiffs were damaged mentally and emotionally by the book's presence at the local public library.
LOL! The mere presence of the book in the library harmed elderly people.
R Hudson wrote:
The claim seeks financial damages and the right to publically burn the library's copy of Baby Be Bop.
Burn Baby (Be bop) Burn!

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything else ? 2 titles, as I requested. Now is your time to claim complete victory.
And, that wasn't my claim, per se,
But, Bigfoot, I asked for a title of a book that GLSEN promoted that shows adult/child sex in a favorable way.
R Hudson wrote:
I just cut and pasted from the magnitude of reviews about pro gay books being used in schools, and didn't edit for content.
I didn't ask you for pro gay books in schools, ugly.
R Hudson wrote:
Seemed that the plethora of titles was enough to do my damage, not really bothered if 1 or 2 wingers slipped through. Was more interested in splintering those pearlies of yours, and I think that I did an AWFULLY good job of it, don't you ?
No, Bigfoot, I didn't splinter any teeth laughing at you.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
And, Chongles, old man, Please thank me for placing my pic back up. Now you have something to whack off to...
You are so ugly. Do you ever consider suicide because you are so revolting? And you are so dumb, you can't tell the difference between a woman and a man!

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You omitted to mention this part: "the profane language and depictions of sexuality in the book." And, you attempt misdirection, as has been noticed by others. This is not about adult-child sex, it is about a pro-gay agenda being forced into schools. Stay on topic.
You're the one who needs to stay on topic, Bigfoot.
I asked for the title of a book, promoted by GLSEN, that features adult-child sex in a favorable way.(That was the claim.) Need the post numbers?

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked me to name any indoc books.
LOL. You ugly liar.
But even if I had, you don't name one.
R Hudson wrote:
And I did. After you said that I couldn't. Do you want me to prove this, by going back and pasting the post where you did ? In fact, hang on a minute, BRB...
Are you going to make a run through the Adirondacks so some campers can get their "Bigfoot" video?

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Golly Gee, I'm looking, but I am not able to see any requests for pedo book titles in this post,#173517.
Well, stupid, it's there.
I messed up the "Quote" tag a bit, but here is that post, with the tag altered to avoid a error message:
(QUOTE ="R Hudson")
The same indoc that Chongo disputes is cited here, however...
"Assistant Deputy Secretary, Department of Education – Kevin Jennings
Jennings is the founder of the Gay Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), a group dedicated to promoting the homosexual agenda to school children as young as five. They’re sick people and even promote books that feature adult-child sex in a favorable way...(/QUOTE)

LOL! Can you name one of those books?(end of post)

Looks like you are too stupid to figure out what I meant by "those books", so let me spell it out. I meant "books that feature adult-child sex in a favorable way" promoted by GLSEN to children as young as five.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your COMPLETE REPLY was: "LOL! Can you name one of those books?" Period. No specification. Liar ? You are the liar. Proven.
And I named about 50 or so, need me to cut-n-paste them all again ?
Again, stupid, by "those books" I meant the books being talked about in the quote I replied to."Books that feature adult-child sex in a favorable way" that GLSEN promoted. What else would I have meant?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so ugly. Do you ever consider suicide because you are so revolting? And you are so dumb, you can't tell the difference between a woman and a man!
Here we have another "intelligent and insightful" post for Rose_NoHo fans to marvel at.

"Marram"? One for your scrapbook.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
And I have proven that pro-gay indoc is alive and well. Even if it is being fought against.
yes, it is OK to indoctrinate people into being normal humans. and it is good to teach them to not be hateful, prejudicial bigots. what is your probklem with raising the bar on humanity. the fear you are left behind? i think that ship has sailed, my friend...
carol

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Passing by wrote:
Just wish queers would stop molesting little boys.
You need to talk to R Hudson and Mike DiRucci about that stuff. Those two queers have been molesting little boys for years.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to talk to R Hudson and Mike DiRucci about that stuff. Those two queers have been molesting little boys for years.
are your feelings hurt that much to stoop that low? You should be reported.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Pro family" is just fundie code for "anti gay".
Nobody is "anti family".
Focus on the Family...fundie hate group...dismissed.
Pro family is code for anti gay?

-What percentage of FonF is related to homosexuality? 2%.

-The organization simply relates a study distinct from it. You shoot the messenger because you have no answer for the message.

Your denial is exposed.

Ho, Ho, Ho.
Concerned citizen

Palos Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

The government nowadays is overruling votes by people. The government has taken over and people have no say about anything anymore. It is a travesty. The founding fathers are rolling over in their graves with what is going on nowadays.
Jane DoDo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Concerned citizen wrote:
The government nowadays is overruling votes by people. The government has taken over and people have no say about anything anymore. It is a travesty. The founding fathers are rolling over in their graves with what is going on nowadays.
The founding fathers are the men who put the laws in place to STOP tyranny of the majority, you flaming dumbass.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Concerned citizen wrote:
I could get a bill on the ballot to deny blue eyed people the vote, passed by the majority of brown eyed people.

That would also be found unconstitutional, and rightly so.

The problem is that it is far too easy to put an unconstitutional bill on the ballot. We need to question when out of state hate groups start funding unconstitutional ballot measures.

As far as our founders, they were already rolling over in their grave when women got the vote.

The good old days were all that good.

The good old days were all that good.
Non Psycho Mike DiDucci

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly don’t know anyone as stupid as you are, it is good to keep you trying to convince others of this, as it shows exactly what kind of idiot they are talking to.
It just confounds me that this putz claims he's from the same country that gave us the Royal Society...

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Things are fine. Thanks for asking. How are things with you?
I know you can't fix stupid, but you sure can can point it out.:)
A bit chilly here in the mid west. Hey its winter. I do hope that you know that pointing out stupidity to a stupid person is pointless. But charge on with your mission.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A surprising new look at arranged marriages
New study finds U.S.-based arranged marriages lead to love, satisfaction, commitment
August 22, 2012|By Nara Schoenberg, Tribune Newspapers
Sorry.
The webpage is unnavailable. And they lie to themselves often probably, or maybe the fathers do. You can't measure someone elses love, thats naive.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 151,561 - 151,580 of199,086
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance