Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#173442 Jan 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm not mistaken, his ideas of courtship are still the most prevalent cultural practice outside the western world.
Yes, which is fascism. A father cannot guaranterr what person is best for them to marry, it is still up to the child to develop love. Too good to be true never works out right.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#173444 Jan 6, 2013
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
because i do hate christards
Everyone has irrational beliefs; it's just that Christians understand their irrational beliefs are based on faith; not science or enlightenment.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#173445 Jan 6, 2013
<quoted text>oh oh oh oh oh.. pick me pick me pick me i care
Have your fun now !!!!
Jane DoDo

Hoboken, NJ

#173446 Jan 6, 2013
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what "WND" is but do you disagree that a greater percentage of gay men have anal sex than straight men?
Who cares and what's it to you?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#173447 Jan 6, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, which is fascism. A father cannot guaranterr what person is best for them to marry, it is still up to the child to develop love. Too good to be true never works out right.
Statistically studies have shown arranged marriages are the happiest and longest lasting.
Jane DoDo

Hoboken, NJ

#173448 Jan 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone has irrational beliefs; it's just that Christians understand their irrational beliefs are based on faith; not science or enlightenment.
You can say THAT again. Embrace irrationality with both hands, Brian.
Jane DoDo

Hoboken, NJ

#173449 Jan 6, 2013
R Hudson wrote:
In a democracy such as ours in America, it's the responsibility of citizens to inform themselves and to struggle against any encroachment of constitutional liberties. If some people are too unintelligent or morally deficient to see the tyrannous acts of the Obama administration, if some people are too cowardly to stand against those acts, it's still your individual responsibility as an American citizen to uphold the principles of democracy on which this nation is founded.
Did you whine during the Bush years?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#173450 Jan 6, 2013
<quoted text>because i do hate christards
Hate is hate. You're a hater. Just like those against gay rights. No better, no worse.

So get off your high horse toots!

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#173451 Jan 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone has irrational beliefs; it's just that Christians understand their irrational beliefs are based on faith; not science or enlightenment.
oh you mean mythical superstitions... i agree... how's the wife
Jane DoDo

Hoboken, NJ

#173452 Jan 6, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof that the disciples account were honest, and psychological for a start.
Oh puh-leez. You're nuts.

Bellevue, WA

#173453 Jan 6, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Have your fun now !!!!
why is the big bad wolf coming to blow my house down
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#173454 Jan 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Statistically studies have shown arranged marriages are the happiest and longest lasting.
Where did you get this from? You're very deranged and emotionally hurt to carry such notions.
Jane DoDo

Hoboken, NJ

#173455 Jan 6, 2013
R Hudson wrote:
To the Germans in Mayer's study, each occasion of Nazi violence was worse than the last, but only a little worse. So they waited for the one shocking event, thinking that they would join with others if or when it happened. But as the violence escalated, no one rose up to condemn the concentration camps and general oppression. No one wanted to act alone, and when a mass uprising failed to occur, the common people just let events take their course. They progressively lost the ability to understand the horror of Nazism and the will to oppose it.
Similarly, we don't see the growing fascism in America and the world because we don't want to see it and because it happens somewhat gradually, which makes it almost imperceptible to those who don't think critically. Everything in your society--Nazi Germany or twenty-first century America--seems so ordinary.
Welcome to Amerikkka.
Enjoy spreading your silly propaganda, Goebels.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#173456 Jan 6, 2013
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate is hate. You're a hater. Just like those against gay rights. No better, no worse.
In my book hate is a choice, which makes out these liberal skankers to be even worse.

Bellevue, WA

#173458 Jan 6, 2013
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
you see loser the difference is i agree that i hate christards and i want the most destructive religion to ever curse mankind to be gone from this earth.. but somehow they can't embrace their hate
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#173460 Jan 6, 2013
Jane DoDo wrote:
<quoted text>Oh puh-leez. You're nuts.
Were weren't expecting you to know anything about this. You can lie in your ignorance, facts are alien to you.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#173462 Jan 6, 2013
<quoted text>you see loser the difference is i agree that i hate christards and i want the most destructive religion to ever curse mankind to be gone from this earth.. but somehow they can't embrace their hate
I'm surprised such a young girl such as yourself feels that way. Perhaps you are an "insider"?
Jane DoDo

Hoboken, NJ

#173463 Jan 6, 2013
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't that the truth ? And a slap in the faces of every man and woman who served with honorable intentions, to support a government that was never what it said it was....
...yawn...

Was making mountains out of molehills your new year's resolution?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#173468 Jan 6, 2013
<quoted text>you see loser the difference is i agree that i hate christards and i want the most destructive religion to ever curse mankind to be gone from this earth.. but somehow they can't embrace their hate
Seems everyone you don't like you call a "loser".

I think we're actually winners to not be liked by a hypocrite like you.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#173471 Jan 6, 2013
Jane DoDo wrote:
<quoted text>
...yawn...
Was making mountains out of molehills your new year's resolution?
I'm sure Ambassador Stevens family doesn't think his brutal murder at the hands of our enemy is just a molehill. To them it's a mountain of grief and pain. But what would you know of honor and sacrifice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 71,301
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 23 Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey