Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
151,201 - 151,220 of 200,576 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
LowLevel

Monrovia, CA

#173100 Jan 3, 2013
LowLevel idiots reelected John BoneHead to the speakers position in the USA House of Representatives.

This piece of garbage from Ohio needs to be sat in the corner for ignorant idiots.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#173101 Jan 3, 2013
John Boenher is BACK! GOOD!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#173103 Jan 3, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>God, ROFLMAO, we don't have laws based on what your fictional skydaddy says. Get real, if thats all your ilk has is religion to deny same sex marriage SCOTUS is so gonna shoot your kind down.
Speaking of 'skydaddys';

Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."

Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)

Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.

Note; The effect of radiation.

Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.

Smile.

Location hidden

#173105 Jan 3, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Please do show me in any state or federal law where that right is granted.
Did you really ask where a law 'requires' child birth?

Are you serious???

Why would that be necessary?

Smirk.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#173106 Jan 3, 2013
Boy that "jazybird58" sure is a jackass, eh? Sheesh!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#173107 Jan 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious???
Smirk.
Well there does seem to be a lot of people that think marriage is all about child birth, like they want to take away the marriages of anyone that does not have a child.

I think they are nuts. As in the kind of folks that shouldn’t be allowed around children

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#173108 Jan 3, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
Homosexual Liars
By Pastor E.L. Bynum
Pastor?
Next.
LargeLanguage wrote:
LOL. For a sec I thought it said "Elvis".

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#173109 Jan 3, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there does seem to be a lot of people that think marriage is all about child birth, like they want to take away the marriages of anyone that does not have a child.
I think they are nuts. As in the kind of folks that shouldn’t be allowed around children
Nice!

Location hidden

#173111 Jan 3, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know anyone who thinks marriage is all about childbirth. That's another stupid statement.

Nor do I know anyone wanting to take marriage away from a couple because they don't have children. That isn't even legal.

The fact of the matter is, 96% of marriages involve children. Many of those that don't wish they could. Gay couples are 100% sterile between themselves. Silly stupid to equate that to couples who could have children and choose not to, or those who cannot.

Did you forget that marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior? Homosexuality is a direct contradiction and a violent defect of the very core of evolution.

Smile.
In Mom_s Basement

Los Angeles, CA

#173112 Jan 3, 2013
NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN 2013, THERE ARE STILL STUPID LITTLE PEOPLE POSTING ON THIS TOPIC.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#173113 Jan 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know anyone who thinks marriage is all about childbirth. That's another stupid statement.
Nor do I know anyone wanting to take marriage away from a couple because they don't have children. That isn't even legal.
The fact of the matter is, 96% of marriages involve children. Many of those that don't wish they could. Gay couples are 100% sterile between themselves. Silly stupid to equate that to couples who could have children and choose not to, or those who cannot.
Did you forget that marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior? Homosexuality is a direct contradiction and a violent defect of the very core of evolution.
Smile.
actually homosexuality is documented in dozens of species in nature, you should read up more about a subject before you post on it

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#173114 Jan 3, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
actually homosexuality is documented in dozens of species in nature, you should read up more about a subject before you post on it
I had a dog once was very gay. Cute little guy but only humped the boys legs and sniffed their crotches, never the girls!

Used to get all excited and howl, sounded like he was singing. I named him "Liberace". True story.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#173115 Jan 3, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is for people who actually love each other and want to be formally committed. Gays can't do this, so it makes this wrong.
Ummm, you posting while drunk is wrong. Go sober up.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#173116 Jan 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious???
Smirk.
Hey you and your ilk keep bringing procreation up not the gay people Smirk

Santa Monica, CA

#173117 Jan 3, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Plants were created after the sun, the bible says that.
Wrong.
Genesis 1:11-12 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good."

Here god creates plants. And not only were the plants created, they had time to grow.

Then, in Genesis 1:16 (that's after Genesis 1:12) "And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also."

The greater light is the sun. Right?

And, again, I don't understand why fundies insist that all of the buy-bull is literally true, when it's clearly not. Why can't you say something like, "It's not a history lesson, it's a tale letting us know that god created everything."?

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#173118 Jan 3, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I have proof of God.
Oh snap, I can hardly stand it. Come on tell us.

Location hidden

#173119 Jan 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed you shifted the subject since you have no logical rebuttal...

Actually I'm very familiar with same sex sexual behavior (SSSM) in animal species. Are you seeking to equate human sexuality to animal sexuality? Are you sure you want to go there?

However, the idea of sexual defects in all species of life is a given.

Perhaps you want to shift again?

Smirk.

Location hidden

#173120 Jan 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious???
Smirk.
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey you and your ilk keep bringing procreation up not the gay people Smirk
Untrue on a number of levels, but why did you fail to respond to my question?

"your ilk"? I'm a hermaphroditic genetic chimera. Literally a lesbian trapped in a straight man's body. Look it up. Not many of us around...

Oh, and I have three nipples.

:-)

Santa Monica, CA

#173121 Jan 3, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT racist dude, just being honest. You take every thing too personal. Your response about lions sounds violent, what does that make you ??
Why are you fundies such racists?
Do you think Jesus died for black people?

So, when are you going to answer?

Violent? LOL. You think I'm going to round up Christians and feed them to lions? I'd never do that to those noble big cats.

Location hidden

#173122 Jan 3, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Genesis 1:11-12 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good."
Here god creates plants. And not only were the plants created, they had time to grow.
Then, in Genesis 1:16 (that's after Genesis 1:12) "And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also."
The greater light is the sun. Right?
And, again, I don't understand why fundies insist that all of the buy-bull is literally true, when it's clearly not. Why can't you say something like, "It's not a history lesson, it's a tale letting us know that god created everything."?
Genesis 1:3-5 (NASB)
3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.
5 God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

Ho, Ho, Ho.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 min JOEL 68,943
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 40 min lechezz 4,998
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 4 hr Tank ever 7,926
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... 11 hr JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles 13 hr Money 1
Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) Tue Plain Simple 16
MONTEREY HERALD LOSS monterey bay, monterey cit... Aug 26 roensoledad 2
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs