Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,556)

Showing posts 151,101 - 151,120 of200,322
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Reality overturns Judge's overturn of ss 'marriage' ban.
Homosexuality is a genetic defect that will soon be cured!
Happy New Year!
Do you think there will be a cure for you?(You claim you are a monster.) Or should you just have been aborted?

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand the reaction to respond in kind to gay attacks on Christians and other who disagree with them.
You are probably unaware that I am a hermaphroditic genetic chimera. Literally a lesbian trapped in a straight man. I have survived and thrived by simply and honestly facing reality.
You're a fundie! You are denying reality.
KiMare wrote:
Insecurity comes from denying the truth. Imposing that denial on others, or in your case, enabling it only increases the negative consequences.
Are you really calling all disagreement with homosexual behaviors and distorting marriage an 'emotional attack'? That is a classic dishonest, gay twirl tactic. Silly and stupid.
Please explain how calling anal sex inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning, or noting the distinction between the basic essence of marriage (a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior) and a union that is a direct contradiction of the very basics of evolution is 'an emotional attack'?
Bazinga!
Stupid, you think anal sex and homosexuality are the same thing. But most people who have anal sex are straight. And anal sex isn't inherently harmful, unhealthy or demeaning.

Speaking of evolution, should you have been aborted?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think there will be a cure for you?(You claim you are a monster.) Or should you just have been aborted?
You're flailing honey.

Ho, Ho, Ho!

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
Short explanation: There is no such thing as a heterosexual homophobe.
You're not heterosexual?

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I got it the first time.
i'm pretty cleever arn't i
Magic Carpet ride

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Are you trying to tell me that it really flyes?
Magic Carpet riders

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

A muslim Prophet cartoon book has been published in France as of January 2013.

A French magazine Charlie Hebdo, has published a 65-page cartoon book portraying the life of the Prophet muslim Mohammed.

This of course will bring out the crazy religious nut cases world wide.

Small minded people, they are!
Pale Dago

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Happy New Year all.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

jesus-freak wrote:
What you call bigots is wrong. Read Gods word and what is said on gays.The bible says every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.Everyone will face God when they die. If you are living against his word you will go to hell. Jesus loves everyone but if you are not living for him you will face judgement. Eternity only has 2 adresses. Heaven or hell.
Everybody is going to get on their knees in front of Jesus and use their tongue?

Provide ANY evidence hell exists. Any at all. No, buy-bull quotes don't count.
WillyJ

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

My sentiments are with "whyvote". I don't recall if the people of Calif. have voted on this issue 2 or 3 times and each time said emphatically they do not want same sex marriage to be legal in this state. So how in the hell does one damned judge once again get to decide what the law should be, if my memory serves me correctly it says "We The People", not me a single judge who doesn't give a damn about the peoples vote. Why does one person on this state or nation have the right to decide what any law should be. That is why we have the election process.

I think this judge should be removed from power in a very public forum.

This is supposed to be a free nation not a dictatorship.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Rose, he just an idiot.
You are so right!

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
Yes. I love my Homosexual friends and the lesbians but your post is typical of muddled thinking as it relates to Biblical truth. Plants do not "grow" because of the Sun. Plants grow because the Sun produces light. This allows the process of Photosynthesis to produce chlorophyll, an essential component for the production of sugar, a necessary process that allows plants to grow.
Stupid, plants can't grow without the sun, yet the creation myth of Genesis has them growing before the sun was created. And it wouldn't be just a matter of light, without the sun, the earth would be close to absolute 0 degrees.
Ronald wrote:
Had you actually read the Bible, rather than just repeating snippets from lists of supposed contradictions that are compiled by others, you would have learned that God created light prior to his having created the sun and the moon. According to the historical record:
"And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." (Genesis 1:2)
"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." (Genesis 1:3)
"And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness." (Genesis 1:4)
Yet still no sun. Day and night before there was a sun! Absurd.
Ronald wrote:
"And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so." (Genesis 1:11)
"And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good." (Genesis 1:12)
As I said, plants growing, yet still no sun. Absurd.
Ronald wrote:
" And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also." (Genesis 1:16)
And now the sun is created, after the plants. It's also clear they didn't know moonlight is just a reflection of sunlight.
Ronald wrote:
"And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth," (Genesis 1:17)
There is no firmament! The sun and moon aren't "set" in anything. The heavens are virtually 100% empty space.
Ronald wrote:
"And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good." (Genesis 1:18)
Source: http://tinyurl.com/l4f7y
Ronald
Thanks for helping me prove my point.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
Actually, higher pay and improved conditions of employment are only possible when productivity increases. It is curious that Big Union Bosses have long called for the repeal of Taft-Hartley, yet, they call upon the African
Why are you fundies such racists?
Don't you believe Jesus died for black people?
(Didn't bother reading the rest of your post, just want to know why fundies are such racists.)

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it wasn't. It was about inter-racial marriage.
What were the arguments made against inter-racial marriage?
Magic Carpet riders

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Go away, your still playing in 2012.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
So..(Let me see if I have this right), you are claiming to have knowledge about the unions that I do not possess, even though I am a
former member,
Seems I do, you pathetic parasite.
R Hudson wrote:
and you've never been in a union, do I...um, do I have this right ? You, who cannot even keep track of your "A"s and your "E"s ?
We all make typos.
R Hudson wrote:
You are simply, and sadly, looking for a front to exploit, even if you have to stray into "Schmuckland" to try it...You have been corrected before, and reminded that you do not think clearly. Accept this as your due. Because you are plainly addled. In technical terms, you are "Gonzo".
You are nothing but a butt ugly parasite. You are in no position to talk about thinking clearly. Just quit driving your truck while drunk. It would be sad if you were to wreck the truck, hurt or kill a worthwhile human being (you're not worthwhile), and destroy valuable merchandise if you crashed.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, plants can't grow without the sun, yet the creation myth of Genesis has them growing before the sun was created. And it wouldn't be just a matter of light, without the sun, the earth would be close to absolute 0 degrees.
<quoted text>
Yet still no sun. Day and night before there was a sun! Absurd.
<quoted text>
As I said, plants growing, yet still no sun. Absurd.
<quoted text>
And now the sun is created, after the plants. It's also clear they didn't know moonlight is just a reflection of sunlight.
<quoted text>
There is no firmament! The sun and moon aren't "set" in anything. The heavens are virtually 100% empty space.
<quoted text>
Thanks for helping me prove my point.
Rose_NoHo.

Yes. I agree. Carpet munching is no way to come to the understanding of simple truth. Why not just try to relax and reread my post? While it is true that the Sun produces light that allows plants to grow, the sun is unnecessary if other light sources exist. None of my Homosexual friends and the lesbians munch carpets because they desire to come to the understanding of truth. Shouldn't you emulate them? According to the instruction manual:

"Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness:" (Isaiah 46:12)

"I have declared the former things from the beginning; and they went forth out of my mouth, and I shewed them; I did them suddenly, and they came to pass." (Isaiah 48:3)

Ronald

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with the idiocy. You fear being singled out, in a city of grotesque perversion, while claiming that I, who lives in a small town, and travels around a lot, risk nothing ?
You risked ridicule. And you were ridiculed.

And you aren't facing people who are murderous, racist and immoral.
R Hudson wrote:
Have you completely lost your min.....wait, never mind, the answer is clear. You are plainly insane. And I took my picture down, in order to taunt (needlessly) Bruno, for a minute. You, on the other hand, have no guts. FKing worm, with made-up excuses. It's you drug addled transvestites that are the violent ones. The ones with no grip on reality.
You can't tell a woman from a man by looking. LOLSER!
Bet you had a grip on a transvestite's member somewhere between Bakersfield and Fresno.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
When we DIDN'T have transvestites, like Sushi, on the TV, hosting New Years Eve shows.
You've got a real transvestite fixation.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

WillyJ wrote:
My sentiments are with "whyvote". I don't recall if the people of Calif. have voted on this issue 2 or 3 times and each time said emphatically they do not want same sex marriage to be legal in this state. So how in the hell does one damned judge once again get to decide what the law should be, if my memory serves me correctly it says "We The People", not me a single judge who doesn't give a damn about the peoples vote. Why does one person on this state or nation have the right to decide what any law should be. That is why we have the election process.
I think this judge should be removed from power in a very public forum.
This is supposed to be a free nation not a dictatorship.
It's supposed to be a nation where everybody gets equal rights. Even when that's not popular with knuckle draggers like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 151,101 - 151,120 of200,322
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••