Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
151,081 - 151,100 of 200,330 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No question; marriage has always been male/female in legal precedent until the 21st Century. There is no gender equality right in the US Constitution.
Yes there is, dummy. The equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot, that is because it has spread to the animals as well. Sexual training. That is why it mostly resides in domestic and agricultural animals.
OMG...
You're claiming Fido looked in on two men getting it on, then decided to try it with Spot!? "I want it ruff ruff!".
Thanks for the laugh!

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot, that is because it has spread to the animals as well. Sexual training. That is why it mostly resides in domestic and agricultural animals.
Do doggies call it "human style"?
LOLSER!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
Actually, higher pay and improved conditions of employment are only possible when productivity increases. It is curious that Big Union Bosses have long called for the repeal of Taft-Hartley, yet, they call upon the African President to invoke Taft-Hartley for the purpose of providing them with greater leverage at the bargaining table when dock workers - and others - threaten to strike. In addition, Big Union Bosses are the most enthusiastic advocates of the politician bosses increasing property and tobacco taxes on overburdened ordinary worker ("middle") class taxpayers.
Ronald
Ronald.

Rose_NoHo knows nothing of real world economics beyond how much luxury her taxpayer supplied monthly handout will buy.

She believes if hard working tax payers give her more money, she will spend more and she will be helping the economy. Obama told her this.

Mike DiRucci.
Boehner is a Fool

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

John Boehner makes a fool out of himself and the Republican Party.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald.
Rose_NoHo knows nothing of real world economics beyond how much luxury her taxpayer supplied monthly handout will buy.
She believes if hard working tax payers give her more money, she will spend more and she will be helping the economy. Obama told her this.
Mike DiRucci.
oh hi loooooser

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No its not. People marrying others of different races is natural, of the same sex it isn't.
No, marriage isn't natural, it's a legal contract. Guess cats haven't seen people signing contracts, or they would be doing it, too. LOL!
R Long is a

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

R. Long is a suck up and or he's been paid off to post mind boggling posts.

My wife and I have now lived in beautiful Glendora a little less than two years.

We are so glad we moved here, and so very appreciative of the leadership of this city.

I know the city has gone through some tough times, but it seems to be doing just fine.

R. Long has been trying to get on commissions and or boards for the city of Glendora, California.

The only way you are allowed to do this is by lying or talking lies so they look like the truth.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>oh hi loooooser
Yes he is at that. How the twins doing? Still perky I trust.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, if you can believe it, this fool, rose-no-ho(or Chongo, as I call it), thinks that, if it put up its picture, it would stand out, in L.A., to boot...But to be perfectly frank, it is an idiot, with no guts or intellect, so it plays childish games.
Bigfoot, I've explained this to you several times. Guess you are too dumb to get it, but I will try again. You con dumbs are violent, racist, and immoral. I don't want to risk my life by putting my pic up. You risked only ridicule. People made fun of your face, so you took your pic down.

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes he is at that. How the twins doing? Still perky I trust.
oooh ya... just got them done... double d's

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Genesis 2:18 (MSG) GOD said, "It's not good for the Man to be alone; I'll make him a helper, a companion."
So what? That's a load of crap.
Genesis also says plants can grow without the sun.
KiMare wrote:
Do you realize that God made Adam, took 'him' apart, and then put 'them' back together as one in marriage?
No. I'm a rational person, and realize that's just a Bronze Age myth. If Eve had been made from Adam, Eve would have had the same DNA Adam did, and Eve would have been a man. Or are you claiming Adan had both sets of DNA, like you do? Should you have been aborted?

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Mrs-Whitewater wrote:
This Is For Everyone on Topix Forum;
It is for those who agree with me and those who do not.
The year 2013 will hold for you:
Renewing of good health
A lost friendship regained
An increase in wealth
A best friend
A bad habit dropped
A good habit gained
And a miracle
So Mote It Be and Blessed Be!!!
Mrs Whitewater
Thank you, and the same for you!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? That's a load of crap.
Genesis also says plants can grow without the sun.
<quoted text>
No. I'm a rational person, and realize that's just a Bronze Age myth. If Eve had been made from Adam, Eve would have had the same DNA Adam did, and Eve would have been a man. Or are you claiming Adan had both sets of DNA, like you do? Should you have been aborted?
Did you know that the latest discovery is that science can take the DNA of one person and create a sperm and an egg?

Ho, Ho, Ho!
ID tea party

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

This message is for any IDIOT (tea bagger) in the state of Calfiornia or the city of Glendora, California:

God forbid we "California" should have a major earthquake.

With the Republican House of Representatives and the "Special Needs" Tea Partiers balking at the rebuilding of Hurrican Sandy disasters on the East Coast, what do you think California should anticipate?

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Shoo, fly, you can't even spell right. Thus, you are below my notice. Dismissed.
oh pie down already

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

pipe
Magic Carpet ride

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

A muslim Prophet cartoon book has been published in France as of January 2013.

A French magazine Charlie Hebdo, has published a 65-page strip cartoon book portraying the life of the Prophet muslim Mohammed.

This of course will bring out the crazy religious nut cases world wide.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
This country used to have class. What do we have now ? Ghetto and gutter. What the hell did I serve for ? This ? I've said it before, and I'll say it again, America is a rape victim, complete with garish clown face make-up, to complete the picture of shame...
When did America have class? You think murdering Natives and paying people money for cutting off their scalps is classy? Slavery? Nothing says class like murdering people, kidnapping, raping and forcing people to work for you. Or sending people off to concentration camps for being German or Japanese? Tell us, exactly when was America more classy, and what, specifically, made it more classy?

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it was not a typo, as you have repeated this "typo". As an idiot is wont to do.
A person can only make a typo once? LOL, you are so stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••