Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
151,081 - 151,100 of 200,584 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#172933 Jan 2, 2013
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald.
Rose_NoHo knows nothing of real world economics beyond how much luxury her taxpayer supplied monthly handout will buy.
She believes if hard working tax payers give her more money, she will spend more and she will be helping the economy. Obama told her this.
Mike DiRucci.
oh hi loooooser

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#172934 Jan 2, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No its not. People marrying others of different races is natural, of the same sex it isn't.
No, marriage isn't natural, it's a legal contract. Guess cats haven't seen people signing contracts, or they would be doing it, too. LOL!
R Long is a

Monrovia, CA

#172938 Jan 2, 2013
R. Long is a suck up and or he's been paid off to post mind boggling posts.

My wife and I have now lived in beautiful Glendora a little less than two years.

We are so glad we moved here, and so very appreciative of the leadership of this city.

I know the city has gone through some tough times, but it seems to be doing just fine.

R. Long has been trying to get on commissions and or boards for the city of Glendora, California.

The only way you are allowed to do this is by lying or talking lies so they look like the truth.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#172939 Jan 2, 2013
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>oh hi loooooser
Yes he is at that. How the twins doing? Still perky I trust.

Santa Monica, CA

#172942 Jan 2, 2013
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, if you can believe it, this fool, rose-no-ho(or Chongo, as I call it), thinks that, if it put up its picture, it would stand out, in L.A., to boot...But to be perfectly frank, it is an idiot, with no guts or intellect, so it plays childish games.
Bigfoot, I've explained this to you several times. Guess you are too dumb to get it, but I will try again. You con dumbs are violent, racist, and immoral. I don't want to risk my life by putting my pic up. You risked only ridicule. People made fun of your face, so you took your pic down.

Bellevue, WA

#172943 Jan 2, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes he is at that. How the twins doing? Still perky I trust.
oooh ya... just got them done... double d's

Santa Monica, CA

#172944 Jan 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Genesis 2:18 (MSG) GOD said, "It's not good for the Man to be alone; I'll make him a helper, a companion."
So what? That's a load of crap.
Genesis also says plants can grow without the sun.
KiMare wrote:
Do you realize that God made Adam, took 'him' apart, and then put 'them' back together as one in marriage?
No. I'm a rational person, and realize that's just a Bronze Age myth. If Eve had been made from Adam, Eve would have had the same DNA Adam did, and Eve would have been a man. Or are you claiming Adan had both sets of DNA, like you do? Should you have been aborted?

Santa Monica, CA

#172945 Jan 2, 2013
Mrs-Whitewater wrote:
This Is For Everyone on Topix Forum;
It is for those who agree with me and those who do not.
The year 2013 will hold for you:
Renewing of good health
A lost friendship regained
An increase in wealth
A best friend
A bad habit dropped
A good habit gained
And a miracle
So Mote It Be and Blessed Be!!!
Mrs Whitewater
Thank you, and the same for you!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#172946 Jan 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? That's a load of crap.
Genesis also says plants can grow without the sun.
<quoted text>
No. I'm a rational person, and realize that's just a Bronze Age myth. If Eve had been made from Adam, Eve would have had the same DNA Adam did, and Eve would have been a man. Or are you claiming Adan had both sets of DNA, like you do? Should you have been aborted?
Did you know that the latest discovery is that science can take the DNA of one person and create a sperm and an egg?

Ho, Ho, Ho!
ID tea party

Monrovia, CA

#172947 Jan 2, 2013
This message is for any IDIOT (tea bagger) in the state of Calfiornia or the city of Glendora, California:

God forbid we "California" should have a major earthquake.

With the Republican House of Representatives and the "Special Needs" Tea Partiers balking at the rebuilding of Hurrican Sandy disasters on the East Coast, what do you think California should anticipate?

Bellevue, WA

#172951 Jan 2, 2013
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Shoo, fly, you can't even spell right. Thus, you are below my notice. Dismissed.
oh pie down already

Bellevue, WA

#172952 Jan 2, 2013
pipe
Magic Carpet ride

Monrovia, CA

#172954 Jan 2, 2013
A muslim Prophet cartoon book has been published in France as of January 2013.

A French magazine Charlie Hebdo, has published a 65-page strip cartoon book portraying the life of the Prophet muslim Mohammed.

This of course will bring out the crazy religious nut cases world wide.

Santa Monica, CA

#172957 Jan 2, 2013
R Hudson wrote:
This country used to have class. What do we have now ? Ghetto and gutter. What the hell did I serve for ? This ? I've said it before, and I'll say it again, America is a rape victim, complete with garish clown face make-up, to complete the picture of shame...
When did America have class? You think murdering Natives and paying people money for cutting off their scalps is classy? Slavery? Nothing says class like murdering people, kidnapping, raping and forcing people to work for you. Or sending people off to concentration camps for being German or Japanese? Tell us, exactly when was America more classy, and what, specifically, made it more classy?

Santa Monica, CA

#172958 Jan 2, 2013
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it was not a typo, as you have repeated this "typo". As an idiot is wont to do.
A person can only make a typo once? LOL, you are so stupid.

Santa Monica, CA

#172960 Jan 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Reality overturns Judge's overturn of ss 'marriage' ban.
Homosexuality is a genetic defect that will soon be cured!
Happy New Year!
Do you think there will be a cure for you?(You claim you are a monster.) Or should you just have been aborted?

Santa Monica, CA

#172965 Jan 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand the reaction to respond in kind to gay attacks on Christians and other who disagree with them.
You are probably unaware that I am a hermaphroditic genetic chimera. Literally a lesbian trapped in a straight man. I have survived and thrived by simply and honestly facing reality.
You're a fundie! You are denying reality.
KiMare wrote:
Insecurity comes from denying the truth. Imposing that denial on others, or in your case, enabling it only increases the negative consequences.
Are you really calling all disagreement with homosexual behaviors and distorting marriage an 'emotional attack'? That is a classic dishonest, gay twirl tactic. Silly and stupid.
Please explain how calling anal sex inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning, or noting the distinction between the basic essence of marriage (a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior) and a union that is a direct contradiction of the very basics of evolution is 'an emotional attack'?
Bazinga!
Stupid, you think anal sex and homosexuality are the same thing. But most people who have anal sex are straight. And anal sex isn't inherently harmful, unhealthy or demeaning.

Speaking of evolution, should you have been aborted?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#172968 Jan 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think there will be a cure for you?(You claim you are a monster.) Or should you just have been aborted?
You're flailing honey.

Ho, Ho, Ho!

Santa Monica, CA

#172970 Jan 2, 2013
R Hudson wrote:
Short explanation: There is no such thing as a heterosexual homophobe.
You're not heterosexual?

Bellevue, WA

#172971 Jan 2, 2013
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I got it the first time.
i'm pretty cleever arn't i

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 68,977
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 10 hr Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 19 hr Tank ever 7,926
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Thu JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Thu Money 1
Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) Tue Plain Simple 16
MONTEREY HERALD LOSS monterey bay, monterey cit... Aug 26 roensoledad 2
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••