Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,543)

Showing posts 150,841 - 150,860 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Think what you like.
HAR!HAR!HAR! "Sherlock "Marram" Holmes has it all figured out! You and I are the same person. We're busted!

It's a sign of mental illness and paranoia, thinking different people are one person.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
HAR!HAR!HAR! "Sherlock "Marram" Holmes has it all figured out! You and I are the same person. We're busted!
It's a sign of mental illness and paranoia, thinking different people are one person.
I get called a sock puppet quite a bit too.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll now be asked to explain how union contracts, which involve unions, are of any concern to me, who is neither in a union, nor working for a union company ?
Please, go ahead and try to make sense of this ? Explain it, if you can...
Its an ad hominem attack, something liberals do because they can't back up their claims.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, he's smart, he has you all twisted up...
I understand that a simple minded alcoholic would draw that conclusion.
F and Chips

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

P. Morgoon and the idiot from W. UK..

A foreign national acting as a subversive who seeks to undermine the sovereignty of our Constitution and our unalienable right to keep and bear arms for the defense of our nation should either be deported or thrown in a federal prison for insurrection and espionage.

Since: Feb 11

Just bend over!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

I want to marry my doggie, Bowser. He's my soulmate and we've been together for three years.

We have our rights too!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Dr Claude Balls wrote:
I want to marry my doggie, Bowser. He's my soulmate and we've been together for three years.
We have our rights too!
Your soulmate?! For JUST 3 years?! Don't tell me lies BOY!
TwistedTimex

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Republicans are and have always been FAILURES.

The president of United States of America, has once again chided House Republicans as the clock continues to run out on a potential agreement before the December 31, 2012 dead line.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

We are in charge of the house. We are in no way failures.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
No Rose, it's nothing like Jim Crow Laws. Homosexuals are allowed to do everything a heterosexual can do. They can eat at the same tables, drink from the same fountains, they can even partake and marriage following the same laws as everyone else.
Dodge. You claim that marriage laws treat people equally because everybody can marry someone of the opposite sex. THAT'S like claiming Jim Crow Laws treated everyone equally because everyone could sit in the section assigned to their race.

I don't make my argument for gay marriage based on sexual orientation. I make it based on gender. A woman has the right to marry a man, a man should have that same right. A man has the right to marry a woman, a woman should have that same right.
akpilot wrote:
There is hardly a resemblance. Your reliance on relating everything to the plight of the African American simply shows the weakness of your argument. Time to turn in your race card Rose.
<quoted text>
The only one being laughed at here is you Rose. You are ignorant as a rock.
Since you can't counter my argument, you dodge, then make a lame jab at me.
That's why I laugh at you.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Than why don't you stop using it in an attempt to somehow support your position.
What an idiot.
LOLSER!
Stupid, I was just talking to your butt buddy Brian about marriage being a "states' rights" issue. VA...Virginia, state...(well, Commonwealth, Mr. TTAG)
Again, you can't counter my argument, so you just make a lame jab at me!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dodge. You claim that marriage laws treat people equally because everybody can marry someone of the opposite sex. THAT'S like claiming Jim Crow Laws treated everyone equally because everyone could sit in the section assigned to their race.
I don't make my argument for gay marriage based on sexual orientation. I make it based on gender. A woman has the right to marry a man, a man should have that same right. A man has the right to marry a woman, a woman should have that same right.
<quoted text>
Nobody has the right to marry the same sex. Everybody has one right only, and that is the right to marry the opposite sex.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You never laugh. You don't have a funny bone in your malcontented body.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLSER!
Stupid, I was just talking to your butt buddy Brian about marriage being a "states' rights" issue. VA...Virginia, state...(well, Commonwealth, Mr. TTAG)
The Judge no matter what had no right to overturn the ban without the say so of other people no matter whether it should be based on the state or the country. He flouted the constitution, just like Obama does.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage has already been defined.
It is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Gay couples are a obviously false imposter relationship.
It would be like trying to put a bent rod in a straight hole. Everyone can see it isn't the same.
<quoted text>
In other words, you are defenseless in the face of reality.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
You make my point and yourself a HO. What a 'talent'!
How does your ad homoan attack on me have ANY relation to the basic essence of marriage?
In other words, you are defenseless in the face of reality.
Smirk.
It was dealing with the issue: marriage rights!
So, I asked:
Should your rights depend on your genes?
Both in your case, and in general.
Should our rights depend on our genes?
It seems you think our rights should depend on our genes.
So, it's logical to ask:
Should you be allowed to marry twice because you have both sets?
Or should you not be allowed to marry at all because you have both sets?
LOLSER!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLSER!
Marriage is based on the constitution, and the constitution is based on various amendments and rights, which are in themselves international. You've lost. I'm Orangelion by the way.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You poor little child. Homosexuality is sinful, and vile. It is not natural. You fell in love with your boys boner and just dated who you liked, not who you wanted to see fit as someone who you will love and marry. You poor child. So innocent and yet so evil.
Stupid, there is same sex sex in nature, that is the definition of natural. There is no such thing as sin.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
...Who do I hate ?
Gay people.
Duh.
Snappers

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Republicans are sucking water from the brown eye today

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
The Judge no matter what had no right to overturn the ban without the say so of other people no matter whether it should be based on the state or the country. He flouted the constitution, just like Obama does.
Why do you fundies randomly bring up Obama's name in every argument?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 150,841 - 150,860 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance