Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
150,341 - 150,360 of 200,331 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
So, basically, what you are saying, is that you don't want to read a rational argument against SSM, um OK, don't read it. But it makes perfect sense, and you know it. So, snore away, while the adults deal with it.
It wasn't a rational argument against gay marriage. I read enough to know that. You don't have to eat the whole egg to know it's rotten.
There just isn't a rational argument against gay marriage. If you don't like the idea, don't marry someone of the same sex. Gay marriage doesn't harm anybody, and it's a simple equal rights issue.
SuckItUp

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Happy New Year.

Generation Y professionals entering the workforce are finding careers that once were gateways to high pay and upwardly mobile lives turning into detours and dead ends.

Merry Christmas too!

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Try reading...
I did. You started out:
"Now, in order to help you understand the big old world in which you live, let me explain that the question of marriage is not about a civil right at all."
That's not right.
Civil rights are the only issue.
Bigfoot, your "argument" makes no sense.
"An appeal for equal treatment would certainly not lead a court to require that a small business enterprise be called a marriage just because two business partners prefer to think of their business that way."
That is so stupid. That has nothing to do with civil rights, as long as the laws apply equally to all citizens.
The rights and responsibilities of a marriage are defined, and they should apply equally to men and women.
Try again.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
...learn something...
Learn that you can prattle on and on, yet not come up with a rational argument against gay marriage.
d w p

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

why can u guys seewha u are doing is not right o to church get some real help

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^Rose knows this is untrue; I've been married more than 25 years. She tells untruths because the truth isn't on her side.
Someone said you are divorced, and it makes perfect sense. I trust them, not you.
d w p

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

god will gett all u gays u are sick and u all need help
d w p

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

rose dose not no a thing it is in the good book all gays will go to hell i no i am not going to hell if i was gay i would have to kill my self u are sick
Jane Pudenda

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat. There is no reason that incest marriage should not be allowed.
Or perhaps you have a reason it should not be allowed Mr. failed ad hominem? Please tell us what that is.
What a dope!
Where is the failed ad hominem? You used a double negative. Geez buddy....... talk about a dope.
Jane Pudenda

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

d w p wrote:
why can u guys seewha u are doing is not right o to church get some real help
No thanks. Now beat it.
SuckItUp

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Bottled and kept corked it's fine with me.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I support polygamy which of course includes polyandry. To assume polygamy only means polygyny is ignorant and bigoted.
And what's with the paranoia? Do I question your sincerity in supporting SSM? Why do you question mine in supporting group marriage?
I resent all your false accusations. I fully support marriage equality. Do you? It seems you do not. Tell us about it.
I can't believe you criticize me for not condemning non-gay marriage! I don't condemn any marriage gay or non-gay. Tell us which ones you condemn.
Are you really saying I should "condemn non-gay marriage"?
Your offense to my question was not my intent. However, I read your posts and I donít understand the inconsistency and Iím simply trying to understand your viewpoint. I understand you have a distain for hypocrisy and (for lack of a better word) you like to torment people who exhibit those tendencies however you also team up with ďRockĒ to attach people. This behavior makes me question your intent. Are you so convinced that in order to deserve Gay Marriage equality that Gay Americans have to support every form of marriage imaginable?
SuckItUp

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Happy New Year.

Generation Y professionals entering the workforce are finding careers that once were gateways to high pay and upwardly mobile lives turning into detours and dead ends.

Merry Christmas to you too!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a rational argument against gay marriage. I read enough to know that. You don't have to eat the whole egg to know it's rotten.
There just isn't a rational argument against gay marriage. If you don't like the idea, don't marry someone of the same sex. Gay marriage doesn't harm anybody, and it's a simple equal rights issue.
Get a job!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Your offense to my question was not my intent. However, I read your posts and I donít understand the inconsistency and Iím simply trying to understand your viewpoint. I understand you have a distain for hypocrisy and (for lack of a better word) you like to torment people who exhibit those tendencies however you also team up with ďRockĒ to attach people. This behavior makes me question your intent. Are you so convinced that in order to deserve Gay Marriage equality that Gay Americans have to support every form of marriage imaginable?
Torment is a good word. I like it.

So do you figure I'm tormenting that jackass "Big D" pretty good? With the Clinton impeachment schtick? He's hard to read.

Rock? Mr. Hudson? Oh! I get it! R. Hudson = Rock Hudson! The old actor. Good one! HA HA.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Whatever happened to that "jazzybird58" jackass? Anybody know?

That guy with the tin foil hat. Straight but calls other men "sugar nipples". Can't spell. Poor grammar.
No sense of humor.

Guess he's done "pissing" on me!

HAR!HAR!HAR! What a jackass!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

SuckItUp wrote:
Happy New Year.
Merry Christmas to you too!
http://www.hark.com/clips/fmmskpxsdp-cuckoo-c...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Putinssed wrote:
Aren't you embarrassed by all by this silly post?
And you ask why I call you a Putin!
Priceless.
http://www.hark.com/clips/fmmskpxsdp-cuckoo-c...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Jane Pudenda wrote:
<quoted text>Where is the failed ad hominem? You used a double negative. Geez buddy....... talk about a dope.
Where is the double negative in my sentence?

"There is no reason that incest marriage should not be allowed."

It means what it says. Sound it out. Think hard.

What a dope!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Jane Pudenda wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks. Now beat it.
Why don't you ever use a man's name Aida aka Sue aka Mona? Geez. Jane Pundenda. Creepy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Monterey Forum right now

Search the Monterey Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 min Acme Pest Control 15,916
Monterey: Aircraft carrier USS Nimitz expected ... 7 min Margaret Smth 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 2 hr Abrahem 7,841
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr SamBee 68,375
American Jews, other 'lone soldiers' serve Israel 14 hr Elders of Zion 26
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 22 Ronald 2,251
Seaside In-N-Out should be ready by summer '15 Jul 22 fed up 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE