Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,968

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#171657 Dec 19, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You know Bill? I don't. Tell us about him. All I know is the dumb bigoted nonsense he posts here. Like accusing people of being gay as if that's a bad thing.
Tell us about the Bill you know! Is he really not a homophobe? Is he just faking it in his posts?
Oh, like folks don't make those comments about him and other straight men, right? You get what you dish out.....frankly, he's a helluva a lot smarter than you think he is!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#171659 Dec 19, 2012
Big Old Badass Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill's a dopey loudmouthed buffoon and insults me all the time.
He says I have Alzheimer's and need a 55 gallon drum of thorazine administered anally and that I need to shut my pie hole! I have a right to insult the big jackass back.
Butt out. Pardon the pun.
He's insults you all of the time, but you just registered....so,that means you must be the troll who has nothing better to but be a troll!!!
InDeep

West Covina, CA

#171660 Dec 19, 2012
Welcome to the new recession:

In fact, the folks at the Economic Cycle Research Institute, who have made some remarkably prescient calls on the business cycle over the last few decades, believe we are already in a recession that started in July, 2012.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#171661 Dec 19, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
He's insults you all of the time, but you just registered....so,that means you must be the troll who has nothing better to but be a troll!!!
Post should be TO DO...

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#171662 Dec 19, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Post should read HE...

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#171663 Dec 19, 2012
Big Old Badass Bob wrote:
Butt out. Pardon the pun.
There is NO pun......because I'm not into BUTTS!!!!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#171664 Dec 19, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NO pun......because I'm not into BUTTS!!!!
Bet you have a big wide one! Have to put a wide load sign on it when you go down the hall.

Your friend Bill's a jackass! If you see him tell him to shut his pie hole. And tell him he needs thorazine. A 55 gallon drum, administered anally. The nurse is ready with his anal purge!

That's the kind of silly sh!t Bill says. I like it. It's real funny. And maybe Bill likes my silly insults too. So BUTT out toots! Pun intended.

P.S. Bill swabbing the poop deck is funny! Loosen up squid.

P.P.S. Wanna buy some exclamation points cheap? I notice you use a lot.

P.P.P.S. Shit your pie hole!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#171665 Dec 19, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah yeah everyone's a troll except you and Bill, your royal wide-assed highness and her dopey sidekick.

Too funny!
Jane Pudenda

Hoboken, NJ

#171668 Dec 20, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't wait for reality to happen...
you won't like it...
Wanna bet? Have you even read the trial transcripts? Do you think SCOTUS will use one of your inane arguments? They are REAL lawyers, not fakers like you.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#171669 Dec 20, 2012
Jane Pudenda wrote:
<quoted text>Wanna bet? Have you even read the trial transcripts? Do you think SCOTUS will use one of your inane arguments? They are REAL lawyers, not fakers like you.
Exactly... they has squat, and as this is an appeal, no new evidence can be presented other than evidence that has already been presented.

There is no real question how this will come out, there is only the matter of degree, overturn in California only, or a broader ruling that will affect all 50 states
Big D

Modesto, CA

#171670 Dec 20, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why your opinion doesn't amount to a hill of beans.
If the court wanted to keep this decision solely effecting California they wouldn't have taken the case, there was no need to as that is exactly what the 9th Circuit did.
There are only two possible outcomes. The SCOTUS overturns the 9th and ultimately Walkers decision or they make this a national issue. The real question is are they really ready for another Roe v Wade?
And, will the court contradict itself? Let's not forget they are also hearing the DOMA decision, which clearly states that the Federal Government has NO say in marriage laws, that it is an issue left to the States. In order to uphold the Prop 8 and the DOMA ruling they truly create a contradiction. On one hand you have the Federal Government regulating marriage through the federal court system, on the other you have them saying the federal government lack the power to regulate it?
Interesting situation the court has put itself in.
Roe V Wade was one of the better decisions the court has made, I expect they would like another as profound as that one was.

You donít understand, this is an appeal of a decision, there will be no new arguments, there will be no new evidence, there will be no new arguments. It will die by the arguments already presented in the lower courts.

The SCOUTS has contradicted itself numerous times through our history.

The only real questions is will it be the narrow decision ( the one I expect ) pertaining only to California, or the broader one ( the one I would like to see but donít expect ) pertaining to all 50 states.

It is an equal rights issue, the Federal government does have a say in equal rights and has exercised that authority many times.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#171672 Dec 20, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Did ya have point? If someone wants to read what I believe in.....they can do so ALL BY THEMSELVES.....but I'm thinking your just troll who has way to much time on their hands and nothing else to do!!!!
Yeah yeah everyone's a troll except you and Bill, your royal wide-assed highness and her dopey sidekick.

Too funny!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#171673 Dec 20, 2012
There was a joke internet lingo dictionary somewhere

Troll = anyone that disagrees with you
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#171674 Dec 20, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
It's strange. I mean I wouldn't find it strange if you called another man "sugar nipples", because you're gay. But he's not, so it's strange, don't you think?
You must be fairly new to this forum. JayBird goes back at least a year or more and has admitted he is queer, he's jsut recently re-appeared to the form although he may have been here under a new "toll" name ... lol trust me he is stone queer
Big3ers

West Covina, CA

#171675 Dec 20, 2012
THe Battle ove rhe 'Big 3" appears to be underway
Jane Pudenda

Hoboken, NJ

#171676 Dec 20, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be fairly new to this forum. JayBird goes back at least a year or more and has admitted he is queer, he's jsut recently re-appeared to the form although he may have been here under a new "toll" name ... lol trust me he is stone queer
So are you.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#171677 Dec 20, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I've spent time on Yerba Buena Island with it's spectacular SF city views but as a government geologist, not a squid.
Although I did pass through the T.I. brig for a few intense days in 1969! F**^%!@# Jarheads! "maggot this and maggot that". What jackasses!
I am trying to remember I think it was in either 78 or 79 an air force or Navy pilot ejected into SF bay, he had aimed his plane over into the ocean and punched out.

I didnít see the even and I was not on the boat, but I was on the dock when they brought him in, he was astounded that we had boats in the water near him before he hit the water.

Funniest evening I ever spent on Yerba Buena was after that sailboat incident, I was guarding the armory with an M16 and inside were over 300 bales of marijuana ( the Oakland police were not prepared to receive it yet and asked us to keep it under guard until they sent trucks to collect it )

There was marijuana that had spilled out over the corridors, while they were bringing them in, we didnít have any problems finding a few that wanted to help clean it up LOL!
Big3ers

West Covina, CA

#171678 Dec 20, 2012
Need more tape a wrapping over here so scum from out of towner has posted again.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#171679 Dec 20, 2012
Jane Pudenda wrote:
<quoted text>So are you.
so are you.

but which one of us LIED?

YOU, LIAR?
GMR crash

West Covina, CA

#171680 Dec 20, 2012
Over the side and take a slide it use to be bigger was better but the small cars do just fine to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 69,384
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 3 hr g 2,270
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 5 hr zhuzhamm 5,079
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 10 hr Pizza 16,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Wed Blazing saddles 7,954
The inconvenient 17-year pause in global warming (Sep '13) Sep 12 Earthling-1 123
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 11 gotti jr 9
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info