Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,496)

Showing posts 149,901 - 149,920 of199,129
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, you are such a coward, for not showing your mug, so what makes you think you have any rights to say anything, at all, about anyone who does ?
FKing worm.
Err......you've never shown your own face hypocrite.

Just an FYI.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Impeachment Cobblers wrote:
<quoted text>
Refresh my memory...
Was that Kawi a two stroke or a four stroke? Kawi always tuned their stuff to the max right out of the box. It didn't do much for reliability (Honda as notorious for reliability at the expense of some of the excitement), but it sure made for a wild ride. Especially the H2 750 triple. AKA widowmakers and flexiflyers.
1969 Mach III H1 500cc. Two cycle. Sounded like a vacuum cleaner. Handled like a drunk squirrel. But faster than a raped ape! Very weak brakes added a nice touch to all that speed!

Bought it off the showroom floor in Japan. Had to ride it miles back to my ship on the wrong side of the road (Silly Japanese)through heavy traffic.

Sold it for more than I paid for it after having lots of fun with it.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

For Sure wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they are. They're committing an immoral crime.
Morals outside of shared morals such as theft, rape, murder, child abuse, etc. are personal in nature and derived by opinion such as religion therefore are not validated as being shared. With your claim gay marriage as being immoral is merely a reflection of your opinion and not fact.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>
Morals outside of shared morals such as theft, rape, murder, child abuse, etc. are personal in nature and derived by opinion such as religion therefore are not validated as being shared. With your claim gay marriage as being immoral is merely a reflection of your opinion and not fact.
What's up with that picture Dan? That thing is uglier than you!

What's it supposed to mean?
Expansive

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Is this the line to wait for something?

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Lilith, of course no one "needs" assault weapons. Likewise, I don't "need" a garage full of motorcycles, but I sure don't want some total stranger telling me I can't have them. And I really don't want some legislative body to make a criminal out of me with the stroke of a pen.
I know a number of sensible gun owners. I don't know a single homicidal lunatic that would go on a rampage killing innocent little kids. Not one. I'm going to go out on a limb here and make the claim that the vast majority of gun owners are decent sensible people. At least the ones who obtained their guns through legal channels.
So, in effect, you call for the punishment of the majority based upon the actions of an incredibly tiny minority. There are two problems with this mehod IMHO. You punish a large segment of the population who've not done anything. And you do nothing, not one teensy weensy little thing to prevent the next tragedy. Where there is a will there is a way. If he hadn't had a gun he could've sat in the parking lot and waited for school to let out and killed just as many kids with an SUV.
I was listening to the radio all day yesterday and there were some fairly not well thought out solutions offered up by the public. A new look a the second amendment was suggested. Putting a single armed security guard was suggested. Metal detectors at entrances were suggested. All reactionary BS that would only serve to incrase costs, hamper learning, and offer no net benefit.
I've already covered the second amendment approach.
One armed guard would have had to have been, by chance, in the first room the young man entered to have made a difference. Or you could argue for one in every class room. At a living wage that would kill budgets. Or would you want a minimum wage earner at the ready?
Metal detectors? Seriously! By the time every kid goes through successfully with any variety of items that aren't dangerous that set them off, the day would be over an it would be time to go home. OOOOO! Here's an argument for home schooling for everyone. Then we can turn into a nation of fat unsocialized poorly educated dough balls.
The bottom line is that people are going to commit horrible acts. As long as we walk the face of the earth, some of us are going to do some pretty awful stuff. You cannot legislate this out of the population. Just be thankful it is a tiny minority of us that are capable of such things.
gee amazing how the christians in this country do this exact thing to the lgbt community and deny them civil rights....

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>gee amazing how the christians in this country do this exact thing to the lgbt community and deny them civil rights....
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>had the US not trained, armed and pissed off bin ladden with our FUBAR foriegn policy, he most likly would have not attacked the US. As for Iraq, Hussein complied with UN resoultions. The simple fact remains not one WMD was found, that alone was the reason Bush went to war. Unless one finds the real reason, he wanted finish what his daddy didn't.
Clinton got a BJ........wow
The BJ wasn't the crime. Lying under oath was. I believe the POTUS is entitled to blow jobs. We should issue him them. Perk of the job.

And I also believe he should never lie under oath. Under any circumstances, especially about a hramless BJ.

What do you believe, Fruitloops?

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened over there ? Did some of those kids, rightfully, laugh at your walking abortion yesterday ?
gee morazz... amazing how you condone the ridicule of a child ... hhhhhmmm i wonder how many "RIGHTFULLY" laughed at the shooter because of his aspergers syndrome problems.... and you condoned that to....

wow you anti equallity fucktardo's wonder why these things happen.... god your dumb

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
your fucktard and a pathetic human

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

gee christardo's let's make sure we oppose equallity and antibullying efforts in schools so we can continue to create school shooters... i mean it is the jesass thing to do
Porter

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

These posters and cities that they hail from must not know the Porta A Potties have gotten out of their cages?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>your fucktard and a pathetic human
Great comeback toots!

Funny stuff!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

gee christardo's let's make sure we oppose equallity and antibullying efforts in schools so we can continue to create school shooters... i mean it is the jesass thing to do
Help us out here. What's a "christardo"? What's a "jesass"?

P.S. See that key says "shift"? Try it!
zef

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>whatever dousche... what happened was a trajedy and exactly why no one needs assault weapons
Those sadistic tyrants say they are torturing me because I can see them. Or because they say I enjoy looking at them. Which is just another lame excuse to torture someone they don't like. If I shouldn't be allowed to see them, or if I am being tortured for looking at them, than perhaps they shouldn't exist.
Porter

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Your PORTA POTTY is hanging out.
Impeachment Cobblers

Union Bridge, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
1969 Mach III H1 500cc. Two cycle. Sounded like a vacuum cleaner. Handled like a drunk squirrel. But faster than a raped ape! Very weak brakes added a nice touch to all that speed!
Bought it off the showroom floor in Japan. Had to ride it miles back to my ship on the wrong side of the road (Silly Japanese)through heavy traffic.
Sold it for more than I paid for it after having lots of fun with it.
Ah yes, the H1. I thought they sounded like someone rattling a can full of nails. The knowledge about frame geometry, tires, suspension, AND breaks wss outpaced by the ability to produce power. A friend let me have a go on a Suzuki 500 twin two smoke. I was accustom to four strokes at the time and as I took off on it my first thoughts were "What a pig slow POS." Then I got the engine up to speed and hit the sweet spot. Rice rocket was an appropriate term. I had to turn around and come back to find my clothes, hair, and fingernails.
Impeachment Cobblers

Union Bridge, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>gee amazing how the christians in this country do this exact thing to the lgbt community and deny them civil rights....
Did I ever say any of that was okay? I didn't, because it isn't (see any post by "Sheesh" and "Winston Smith" as those are names I've used in here - no sock puppets, I just like to change things up from time to time). But, as I state, we'll not be able to legislate sanity into the population. Most forms of prohibition fail dismally (look at what happened with alcohol about 100 years ago and the current war on drugs FAIL X2).

I'm not quite certain why being sensible enough, as a card carrying liberal democrat, to understand the folly behind outlawing some guns, throwing away a large sum of cash in the form of armed school employees, and clogging the school entrance with metal detectors (another tax burden), earns me a bunch of negative judge it icons (I find this amusing, BTW). Instead of hitting the judge it button, why doesn't someone try to offer up valid argument in favor of what I've stated I oppose.

My points in brief are:

Outlawing specific weapons won't change a thing - nutjobs will find a handy method to kill in large numbers.

Putting armed guards in schools will cost large sums of money and be quite impractical. One guard would have to be in the right place at the right time. One in every room would bankrupt the school system.

Putting metal detectors at the entrance to the school building will significantly slow entry. I visit a young man in prison on a fairly regular basis. I get to see him about 1 to 1 1/2 hours after signing in.

Tell me where I am wrong about these methods.
Geff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Let the gays alone. God will Handel them

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Ah yes, the H1. I thought they sounded like someone rattling a can full of nails. The knowledge about frame geometry, tires, suspension, AND breaks wss outpaced by the ability to produce power. A friend let me have a go on a Suzuki 500 twin two smoke. I was accustom to four strokes at the time and as I took off on it my first thoughts were "What a pig slow POS." Then I got the engine up to speed and hit the sweet spot. Rice rocket was an appropriate term. I had to turn around and come back to find my clothes, hair, and fingernails.
I blasted all over Asia on mine. Japan, Vietnam, the Philippines in VN and The Philippines no speed limits, pesky laws or mad mothers! Well there were cops but a few bucks and they were happy. One even told me "no crime too big, no crime cost more than $50 US dollah!" So $2 or $3 for the cop and I was back on my way. I assume they'd ignore murder for $50! My worse crime was an overabundance of youthful enthusiasm.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 149,901 - 149,920 of199,129
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance