Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
149,881 - 149,900 of 200,357 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are confusing my posts with yours/dans, you'll have to provide a post # for an example. I did not say that, you/dan did...
Im not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to read some of my prior posts, to see examples of harm. I do not dance, I get right to the point, as I have previously stated, and done.
You showed no harm in gay marriage. And yet here you are trying to dance around that as well.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
As I recall, the U.S. was attacked by al-Queda in Afghanistan. Had the Taliban handed him over to us, we would not have invaded the country, overthrown the Taliban, and killed bin Laden and many of his cronies.
As I recall, Saddam Hussein violated numerous U.N. resolutions on an almost daily basis. Had he simply left the country, we would not have invaded the Iraq, overthrown his dictatorship, and killed Hussein, his sons, and many of his cronies.
Both military actions were eminently justified.
Iraq,
had the US not trained, armed and pissed off bin ladden with our FUBAR foriegn policy, he most likly would have not attacked the US. As for Iraq, Hussein complied with UN resoultions. The simple fact remains not one WMD was found, that alone was the reason Bush went to war. Unless one finds the real reason, he wanted finish what his daddy didn't.

Clinton got a BJ........wow

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to doubt anything that you, "friend"...
I will.

Especially to some clown who pompously claims to have degrees in astrophysics and chemistry without proof of such and as if has anything do to with gay marrige but instead is a weak idea that if you claim to be Superman what you state in here has any sort of credence.

I also doubt anyone who rallies against gays rights has a best friend who's trangendered given I doubt you even have friends added to the fact why would a tansgendered individual be friends with you given your negative stance on gays.

I don't doubt you feel your opinion constitutes fact that shouldn't be questioned however given you're a delusional idiot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, listen to yourself, grandly sweeping away any family associations, and inheritances...All we get (in your world) is to be Americans, forget who we are, where we come from, and forget how we, as a society, feel about certain portions of our citizenry. Then, I take it, all felons and convicts have a full set of rights, according to you, as they are Americans ? Forget that gays are outside the normal scope, and functioning in default of their design ?
What we as American citizens 'are' is a people free to pursue what makes us happy unless the aspect of life we are after causes viable harm.

Your idea of harm in gay marriage is based on your opinions and as of yet you've shoen no proof of same.

Felons gave up many of their rights by committing crimes Einstein.

Are gays committing a crime by wishing to be with the one they love?

Idiot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, I know that you wish that were true, but it isn't, just because you said so doesn't make it so.
Gay families raising kids;

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peggy-drexler/t...

http://www.livescience.com/6073-children-rais...

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/302319... #

...GEE...I guess it is true...gay families.

You're such a dumbass "Hudson".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
In response to post 171255, I have proven it, as you saw. You keep responding to dan's/your posts.
As to this post, I do not want to make nice, as I have no interest in you or your respect. You can bet your marble collection AND your Pez collection on that, and you will lose the lot. You think that it was a co-incedence that I posted it , at the end of my evenings posts ? As marriage is a public act, complete with notices in the newspaper, you are the dolt to be unable to separate private lives from public scrutiny.
I merely registered.

Sockpuppets will operate at the same time.

FYI.

Marriage is a private function dumbass. Ar you to claim people have their fingers in other peoples marriages??

Good GOD you're stupid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Au contraire, mon frere, you are trying very hard to make me think your way, and not mine. you are trying to tell me that gays are as legit as heteros, when empirical evidence itself disputes your faulty reasoning. And as per me being "given" a direction, good luck with that...
No I'm not.

I'm responding to your opinions but have made no effort to sway you. You can keep your dicked up opinions on the subject but after posting them in here don't get all teary eyed someone stomps them down to what tghey are....absolute bullshit.

And you've laid out no empirical evidence. Only baseless claims given you've provided no backing for them.

In your mind gays are second class citizens. We get it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to read some of my prior posts, to see examples of harm.
By the way you've made many claims of harm but not given so much as one article backing them nor a single example.

A little like claiming the Milky Way is made up of freeze dried goats.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!!! I can't believe that you are you, dan, you had me completely snowed. No, allowing citizens to exercise freedoms is no fad, but allowing gays to think that they are legitimate is, though...
Right.

Trying to snow you so hard would explain why I responded to the posts that were answering mine.

LOL!!!

Just how stupid can you be?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that was gibberish.
Really.

Mor likely it hit it's mark and you found no way to dance out of it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it would not be a painful experience, just a disappointment...
You told me to snort wasabi.

And I answered it would be painful so I'd rather not.

And this is your answer???

WTF????

Your mixed up melon that gives you your dicked up thoughts needs to look at what you post in order for it to make sense to others.

Geeeezus buddy....LOL!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, you are such a coward, for not showing your mug, so what makes you think you have any rights to say anything, at all, about anyone who does ?
FKing worm.
Err......you've never shown your own face hypocrite.

Just an FYI.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Impeachment Cobblers wrote:
<quoted text>
Refresh my memory...
Was that Kawi a two stroke or a four stroke? Kawi always tuned their stuff to the max right out of the box. It didn't do much for reliability (Honda as notorious for reliability at the expense of some of the excitement), but it sure made for a wild ride. Especially the H2 750 triple. AKA widowmakers and flexiflyers.
1969 Mach III H1 500cc. Two cycle. Sounded like a vacuum cleaner. Handled like a drunk squirrel. But faster than a raped ape! Very weak brakes added a nice touch to all that speed!

Bought it off the showroom floor in Japan. Had to ride it miles back to my ship on the wrong side of the road (Silly Japanese)through heavy traffic.

Sold it for more than I paid for it after having lots of fun with it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

For Sure wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they are. They're committing an immoral crime.
Morals outside of shared morals such as theft, rape, murder, child abuse, etc. are personal in nature and derived by opinion such as religion therefore are not validated as being shared. With your claim gay marriage as being immoral is merely a reflection of your opinion and not fact.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>
Morals outside of shared morals such as theft, rape, murder, child abuse, etc. are personal in nature and derived by opinion such as religion therefore are not validated as being shared. With your claim gay marriage as being immoral is merely a reflection of your opinion and not fact.
What's up with that picture Dan? That thing is uglier than you!

What's it supposed to mean?
Expansive

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Is this the line to wait for something?

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Impeachment Cobblers wrote:
<quoted text>
Lilith, of course no one "needs" assault weapons. Likewise, I don't "need" a garage full of motorcycles, but I sure don't want some total stranger telling me I can't have them. And I really don't want some legislative body to make a criminal out of me with the stroke of a pen.
I know a number of sensible gun owners. I don't know a single homicidal lunatic that would go on a rampage killing innocent little kids. Not one. I'm going to go out on a limb here and make the claim that the vast majority of gun owners are decent sensible people. At least the ones who obtained their guns through legal channels.
So, in effect, you call for the punishment of the majority based upon the actions of an incredibly tiny minority. There are two problems with this mehod IMHO. You punish a large segment of the population who've not done anything. And you do nothing, not one teensy weensy little thing to prevent the next tragedy. Where there is a will there is a way. If he hadn't had a gun he could've sat in the parking lot and waited for school to let out and killed just as many kids with an SUV.
I was listening to the radio all day yesterday and there were some fairly not well thought out solutions offered up by the public. A new look a the second amendment was suggested. Putting a single armed security guard was suggested. Metal detectors at entrances were suggested. All reactionary BS that would only serve to incrase costs, hamper learning, and offer no net benefit.
I've already covered the second amendment approach.
One armed guard would have had to have been, by chance, in the first room the young man entered to have made a difference. Or you could argue for one in every class room. At a living wage that would kill budgets. Or would you want a minimum wage earner at the ready?
Metal detectors? Seriously! By the time every kid goes through successfully with any variety of items that aren't dangerous that set them off, the day would be over an it would be time to go home. OOOOO! Here's an argument for home schooling for everyone. Then we can turn into a nation of fat unsocialized poorly educated dough balls.
The bottom line is that people are going to commit horrible acts. As long as we walk the face of the earth, some of us are going to do some pretty awful stuff. You cannot legislate this out of the population. Just be thankful it is a tiny minority of us that are capable of such things.
gee amazing how the christians in this country do this exact thing to the lgbt community and deny them civil rights....

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>gee amazing how the christians in this country do this exact thing to the lgbt community and deny them civil rights....
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>had the US not trained, armed and pissed off bin ladden with our FUBAR foriegn policy, he most likly would have not attacked the US. As for Iraq, Hussein complied with UN resoultions. The simple fact remains not one WMD was found, that alone was the reason Bush went to war. Unless one finds the real reason, he wanted finish what his daddy didn't.
Clinton got a BJ........wow
The BJ wasn't the crime. Lying under oath was. I believe the POTUS is entitled to blow jobs. We should issue him them. Perk of the job.

And I also believe he should never lie under oath. Under any circumstances, especially about a hramless BJ.

What do you believe, Fruitloops?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••