Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,483)

Showing posts 149,641 - 149,660 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>

Don't call me a liar.
Stop lying and I wont :)
GlennBeksDog

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Her name is?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You have yet to retracted your statement that I said he was not impeached, you remain a liar

As you are a liar on that score, and so giddy and obsessive about saying what a glorious triumph it was, it is a pretty easy assumption that you are lying about other things as well
IdiotsGlendora

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

I received a piece of junk mail masquerading as an official notice and almost threw it away.

A parcel fee for what? Funds for the ever-increasing pension liability?

Rainwater cleanup?

The L.A. County supervisors pushing this tax on properties are counting on less than 51 percent of 2 million owners not sending it back with a "protest" checkmark.

About 1 percent to 3 percent returns are common for mass mailings.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
I love all this "definition of marriage" talk
It is a joke
I am not about to let any religious organization define words for me, no more than you would allow the word "Jihad" replace the word "preemptive strike" in our language ( chuckle )
I donít care what any religious book says
I donít care what someone thinks is "normal" and I am not about to let anyone else define the word "normal" for me.
Marriage is not about procreation, I know many married couples that can no or do not have children, I am not about to belittle their marriage because of that. Marriages is about a commitment between 2 people to live their lives in support of one another.
My wife is not my property, she is my partner in life, my support, my very best friend, and dearest love.
Marriage has nothing to do with any single religion, I know couples of many different religions and I am not about to belittle any one of them depending on which religion they happen to believe in, or none at all for that matter.
What I do care about is equality, and justice
Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Gay unions are a violent, defective contradiction on fundamental evolutionary principles.

There, no religion.

Smile.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't lie and you just admitted that you do punk. The End.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You have yet to retracted your statement that I said he was not impeached, you remain a liar
As you are a liar on that score, and so giddy and obsessive about saying what a glorious triumph it was, it is a pretty easy assumption that you are lying about other things as well
You said the impeachment failed. I'm not lying.

You say I wanted Clinton impeached, you're lying.
Bamboo

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Why are small businesses leaving Glendora?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Bamboo wrote:
Why are small businesses leaving Glendora?
Because you live there.
On My Knees

Scotts Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Gay unions are a violent, defective contradiction on fundamental evolutionary principles.
There, no religion.
Smile.
That's really stupid.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There, no religion.
Smile.
On My Knees wrote:
<quoted text>
That's really stupid.
No, your response is a really stupid attempt to evade the truth.

Smirk.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You protest too much, you are accusing me of what you do.
Still have not found a post where I said he wasnít impeached have you? Yet you are still standing by your lying about that?
There are many posts where you said Clinton's impeachment failed. I'm not lying. You are.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Wrong, because legislated recognition is not the same as universal recognition.
2) I though it was YOU who had the tubba-blubba that earned the moniker of "pocchari", as you had the mistaken idea of posting your lardass in here, for all to laugh at...
3) Having some people ignore common sense arguments does not invalidate the truth.
4) Who said that abusive foster care was better ? You, perhaps, have some evidence that I said that, as you are attacking me for it ?
5) This is a proven and time-tested truth, as well, as Chongo like to drone on about morons worrying about children. It is also the opinion of others, not just me.
6) Your idea seems to be that one kind of broken home is better than another type of broken home...interesting. Fallacious, but interesting.
7) Why should they be given a second rate home, at all ? There are many loving heterosexual couples wishing to adopt, not merely foster. Wake up, moron. And the voice of reason and sanity will not be silenced by an idiotic "STFU" from you.
8) You spend a lot of time there, must be a living nightmare for you.
9) Many things make them unequal. Do you, perhaps, have anything to offer to prove that they are not unequal ? My most unshakeable offering is empirical evidence.
10) Thinking will not give me any aneurysm, perhaps your stupid ass should not use words that you cannot spell ?
1) Everyone is allowed an opinion. There are some people who hate chocolate ice cream, doesn't mean we should stop making it.

2) I don't even know what a "pocchari" is Ace.

3) Truth in what? Some people think little green men from UFOs exist idiot. It does not spell out they have a handle on common sense.

4) http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20051...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...

5) Prove it.

6) Gay famlies don't automatically constitute a "broken home" moron. That's your opinion and not fact.

7) Afgain it's your opinion gay famlies are "second rate". Find one article which has the same cllaim dumbshit. Add to that thousands of kids are left in foster care and as orphans despite the number of heterosexual and gay couples who adopt so your ignorant "point" is moot.

8)??? Time where?

9) You've provided no evidence to back even one of your claims. Liar. Wear the sign. LOL!

10) Myself I think you react and not think. Like an amoeba. Just a note.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheesh, again with misspelled words....Confucius would say "Do not try to use 5th grade words, when 4th grade words are beyond your scope", as well as "Do not misspell my name" LOL
I gotta ask...

....kAn yU rEeD ThIS DuMfUK?

LOL!!!

I could write the truth out in multicolored CRAYONS dumbass but it would still be the truth.

You unfortunately think your dime sized world should be the law of the land and it must just eat your sorry ass up that it's not.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the biggest flaw that i can see is that you are trying to reason, at all. And your silly analogies are not effective, either. Donkeys and zebra have nought to do with the topic at hand.
Now, you typed this: "And if you don't believe heterosexual couples and same sexed couples are "not equal at all" ", and, the fact is that I DO believe that are unequal, as they have neither balance, nor procreational abilities, nor do they have the same recognition that heterosexual couples have. They have no place in society. Not to say that they cannot be couples, just no valid reason to call themselves "married". If gaining rights is the point of SSM marriage, they covet something that they do not rate. If the game is rights of inheritance, they can use power of attorney. There is simply NO REASON for a mismatched set of lovers to lay false claim to an honor that isn't theirs to enjoy. SSM is a fruitless endeavor. Empirical evidence is all that you need, to see that. Any further questions are pointless, as the issue is invalid. We are biologically designed to mate as opposite, I don't care if the genitalia is being misused, it is not the proper format, for marriage to be bestowed.
Now, if you have any questions, or wish to explore common sense any further than this, I suggest that you call 1-800-I-AM-A-DUMBASS...Don't forget to call me names and use an analogy that makes little to no sense. If you think that you are Don Rickles, guess again...
Don't forget genius....this is merely your opinion.

By the way....since you're so much into grammar you need to capatilize "I" when referring to yourself.

"...fact is that I DO believe that are unequal..." - Did you mean 'they' perhaps?

"...just no valid reason to call themselves "married"." - Did you mean to say 'there is just no valid reason to call themselves "married".???

---Next time remember....you suck at grammar as much as anyone in here and your opinion does not designate fact.

Just an FYI friend.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, it's quite plain that you have a limited supply of grey matter, but if you think that you are smarter than I am, have I got some heartbreaking news for you...No, you are not. You cannot even spell correctly, even though mis-spelt words are flag with red underscores, or was the purpose of the red squigglies a mystery to you ?
"mis-spelt"???

ROFL!!!!

You mean mis-spelled perhaps??

I wouldn't go for your English teaching degree any time soon Einstein.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is even less beneficial, for the majority of us, to waste U.S. Government resources, attempting to re-define the term "marriage", for the benefit of less than 10% of the population. Way to go, chump...
Exactly how are 'US. Government resources' going to be allotted towards allowing gays to marry?

What a load of bullshit.

If anything else it's a waste of time and resources to deny them marriage given you and others spend time and efforts to stop them over nothing given you can find no viable harm in it.

You're a moron buddy.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheesh, again with misspelled words....Confucius would say "Do not try to use 5th grade words, when 4th grade words are beyond your scope", as well as "Do not misspell my name" LOL
Confucius say "Dan is a jackass".

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You should call the court and let them know they got it wrong in Loving V Virginia when they used the precedent set forth in Skinner v Oklahoma that marriage is a "right" when they made their decision.
I am sure they would love to hear from ya Rose.
Stupid, my claim was: Skinner v OK was not a case about marriage. And it wasn't. It was a case about using forced sterilization as a means of punishment. Were any marriage laws changed because of Skinner?
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your take" is erroneous. You are witnessing the phenomenon of common sense refusing to be buried. You, surely, cannot expect 90% of us to clam up, so as to allow 10% of the population to take control ? How about simply speaking for your end of the spectrum, the "lower than 56 IQ points" crowd, and not attempting to identify with the smart ones of us that have the real grasp of the situation ?
You mean to to say those who don't agree with your opinion.

Sorry bud.....it's not your world and there's a lot of thinking adults out there.

Too bad for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 149,641 - 149,660 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Monterey Forum right now

Search the Monterey Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr ThomasA 15,662
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr Drafty 4,559
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 65,118
Jodi Arias' ex-boyfriend was womanizing cheater... (Apr '13) 8 hr hasterd 4
Youngster dies in police chase on Highway 1 in ... (Jul '10) Wed Lorraine 29
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Apr 15 lug heads 7,298
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance