Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201878 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Big D

Modesto, CA

#170197 Dec 7, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not quiet; marriage was invented as a cultural aid to procreation and parenting. That's why husband/wife marriage should be protected.
So you are saying people that marry that cannot or do not have children are not actually married?

I donít think you will get a large following with that.

What about a widow who has children, but the re-marries and does not have children in that marriage... you want to dissolve those marriages too?

I am not about to hand you or your religion that kind of power.

Besides there is nothing to protect, I am married ( heterosexual marriage ) and the 18,000 legal same sex marriages did not harm my marriage in anyway whatsoever. I understand your marriage may be more fragile, but mine doesnít need protection.

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#170198 Dec 7, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and without the context of what I was responding to you wonít be able to comprehend what I was saying or why.( not that you would anyway )
I am not here to teach you, they donít pay me for that, and I donít think you are capable of learning anyway
There you go again with that "you don't comprehend me" whining.

You're right, we don't. Because you are an idiot!
DogPile

Monrovia, CA

#170199 Dec 7, 2012
Where have all the yellow-bellied Republicans go to?

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#170200 Dec 7, 2012
Federal gay marriage nationwide can now be a reality.

This is what we needed. I don't even know what to say. My state of Pennsylvania, where gay marriage isn't legal, I could get married next year. Oh my god this is very emotional for me.
Bruno

Redondo Beach, CA

#170201 Dec 7, 2012
Why are there no SSM wedding announcements in Calif?

I thought you queers wanted to get married !!! Get cold feet ???? lol

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#170202 Dec 7, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck with that bigotry. You're stuck with Christians just like they're stuck with you!
Relax and suffer them. They suffer you.
Yep we are stuck with fundies, right up untill they start pushing the bible into our laws.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#170203 Dec 7, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't presented anything to debate Rose. You just keep screaming I won't debate you.
That's total BS.
Here is what I've presented:
The Constitution grants all citizens equal protection.

Either debate, or don't reply, deal?
Grow a pair, LOLSER.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#170204 Dec 7, 2012
Bruno wrote:
Why are there no SSM wedding announcements in Calif?
I thought you queers wanted to get married !!! Get cold feet ???? lol
You know why Dumbazz!!!

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#170205 Dec 7, 2012
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Yep we are stuck with fundies, right up untill they start pushing the bible into our laws.
Yes you are! And as I said they are stuck with you!

I don't mind 'em much. But then I'm not an angry malcontent with a tin foil hat!

What a jackass!

P.S. Are you that dopey "jbird" guy used to post dumb stuff here all the time? Where you been? Jail? The looney bin? The library closed?

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#170206 Dec 7, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I never started out with "10" you moron.
LOL. Dummy, when I said "you" I wasn't talking about you as a person. I was talking about the content of the Constitution...we all know you didn't write it.

BACKERS

Monrovia, CA

#170207 Dec 7, 2012
The El Supremo's haven't got a choice but to OK the marriages.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#170208 Dec 7, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is condemned in the Bible. Below are some Bible verses that condemn homosexuality:

Working on Saturday is condemned in the Bible. Below are some Buy-bull verses that condemn working on Saturday.

"Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death." Exodus 35:2

"And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation. And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him. And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp." Numbers 15:32-35
Sheik Yerbouti

New Hope, PA

#170209 Dec 7, 2012
I always find it amusing when this topic comes up. People get upset about something that will not affect their lives at all. In most cases it's fundietards trying to legislate their beliefs. How gay marriage is going to impact someone's life is a mystery to me. It all comes down to a "my way or the highway" mentality!
17Patriot76

Van Nuys, CA

#170210 Dec 7, 2012
That judge is violating the U.S Constitution by taking the power of the peoples votes... Same sex marriage isn't protected under the U.S Constitution! Obviously it wouldn't be controversial if it was! The founders wouldn't have supported same sex anything because it fell under the "Sodomy Law" that was in effect until the Liberal party was formed in the late 1800's.. The dictionary clearly defines Marriage as 1 man & 1 woman in holy matrimony... So in reality Government really has no say in marriage because it comes from the church! Churches are against homosexuality (unless they're 501C3).....

It's alright enjoy it while it lasts lol The American Resistance will return America back to the Good Moral Country we used to be with the soon to come 2nd American Revolution!! GOD BLESS AMERICA & THE AMERICAN PATRIOTS
SpinnersOut

Monrovia, CA

#170211 Dec 7, 2012
Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer's antipathy toward the Obama's administration is evident: She can take that wagging finger and sit on it and spin.

She is a has been, dried up OLD HAG.

Most of the Tea Party haggs are like Janet Brewer anyway.

There a few haggs in Glendora, California too!

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#170212 Dec 7, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Working on Saturday is condemned in the Bible. Below are some Buy-bull verses that condemn working on Saturday.
"Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death." Exodus 35:2
"And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation. And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him. And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp." Numbers 15:32-35
Aw shuddup with your buy bull verses you quacked out fundie!

Religion is irrelevant here. Take it to church Sunday.

FUN!

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#170213 Dec 7, 2012
17Patriot76 wrote:
That judge is violating the U.S Constitution by taking the power of the peoples votes... Same sex marriage isn't protected under the U.S Constitution! Obviously it wouldn't be controversial if it was! The founders wouldn't have supported same sex anything because it fell under the "Sodomy Law" that was in effect until the Liberal party was formed in the late 1800's.. The dictionary clearly defines Marriage as 1 man & 1 woman in holy matrimony... So in reality Government really has no say in marriage because it comes from the church! Churches are against homosexuality (unless they're 501C3).....
It's alright enjoy it while it lasts lol The American Resistance will return America back to the Good Moral Country we used to be with the soon to come 2nd American Revolution!! GOD BLESS AMERICA & THE AMERICAN PATRIOTS
Go f*ck your jesus freak
Big D

Modesto, CA

#170214 Dec 7, 2012
17Patriot76 wrote:
That judge is violating the U.S Constitution by taking the power of the peoples votes... Same sex marriage isn't protected under the U.S Constitution! Obviously it wouldn't be controversial if it was! The founders wouldn't have supported same sex anything because it fell under the "Sodomy Law" that was in effect until the Liberal party was formed in the late 1800's.. The dictionary clearly defines Marriage as 1 man & 1 woman in holy matrimony... So in reality Government really has no say in marriage because it comes from the church! Churches are against homosexuality (unless they're 501C3).....
It's alright enjoy it while it lasts lol The American Resistance will return America back to the Good Moral Country we used to be with the soon to come 2nd American Revolution!! GOD BLESS AMERICA & THE AMERICAN PATRIOTS
Let me show you how you are wrong

I could create a bill ( easy to do in California ) that denies the rights of blue eyed people to vote, passed by the majority of brown eyed people.

it would be deemed unconstitutional, even if it passed

the same thing here, the problem is we allow such unconstitutional bills to be voted upon in the first place, that proposition should have been struck down before going to the vote.

Gay people being married ( 18,000 legal marriages in the state so far that I am aware of ) has certainly not hurt my marriage in any way, if yours is so fragile that it hurt yours, perhaps you should be looking elsewhere as to what the issue with your marriage is.
Stan Tran

Monrovia, CA

#170215 Dec 7, 2012
Stan Wong of Glendoraq, California was working in the redevelopment department of the City of Rosemead, California before all this Tran & developer stuff took off and hit the police reports and headlines in newspapers.

All of a sudden Stan Wong of Glendora quits his position in Rosemead, was Stan Wong involved from the beginning with Tran?

The lawsuit also alleges that Tran physically grabbed Ms. Gong and attempted to hold and kiss her against her will.

Tran set about a retaliatory course of action due to Ms. Gong's refusal to accede to Tran's demands for personal loans and sexual overtures.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#170216 Dec 7, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me show you how you are wrong
I could create a bill ( easy to do in California ) that denies the rights of blue eyed people to vote, passed by the majority of brown eyed people.
it would be deemed unconstitutional, even if it passed
the same thing here, the problem is we allow such unconstitutional bills to be voted upon in the first place, that proposition should have been struck down before going to the vote.
Gay people being married ( 18,000 legal marriages in the state so far that I am aware of ) has certainly not hurt my marriage in any way, if yours is so fragile that it hurt yours, perhaps you should be looking elsewhere as to what the issue with your marriage is.
Don't bother. He's a retarded jesus freak and according to him America should be run by the bible and become a theocracy where only white Christian males have rights.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) 17 hr Nicky21 111
News Police briefs: Beaten body found on Old Stage Road (Dec '09) 17 hr Oreo 16
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) May 5 RichAndrewd 1,553
Marina infested with gang boys (Mar '11) May 5 NorteXIVgang 18
News Seaside closes access to makeshift toy car trac... Apr '17 Jsherratt831 1
News Brown names Laird as Resource Agency chief (Jan '11) Apr '17 wmcnatt 8
the music thread (Apr '12) Apr '17 Musikologist 22

Monterey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages