Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,197

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#169920 Dec 5, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
You're fast approaching the point of being too worthless and stupid to respond to.
You reached that point years ago, yet here we are.

Location hidden

#169921 Dec 5, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on the principles set forth by democratic means.
I don't think you're up to arguing the Constitution given you cannot even identify the elements of a bsaic civil right let alone know how many Amendments there are or how they were formed.
So yo are still claiming what the founders gave us was a "Democracy"?

And you are the one saying I am clueless..

You are in dire need of a history lesson my friend.

Location hidden

#169922 Dec 5, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way genius....I never brought up the Civil War.
This thread is about gays marrying MORON....LOL!!!!
You are the DUMBEST Mo-Fo yet!
Poor Dan.

Doesn't realize that when he rants on about- Lincoln, Slavery, the southern states, and the 13th Amendment- that he is discussing the Civil War.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169923 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the fool. The first 10 Amendment are the ONLY Amendments that the "founders" drafted and Ratified as a collective.
I am sorry that you have a reading comprehension problem.
And again, where did the founders mention "harm" when they mentioned inalienable right's?
The point behind the Amendments dealt with the fact they were set in motion my foolish friend.

There were never intended to stop at ten and our country was intended to live past the deaths of our Founding Fathers by them.

Rights are determined in part by harm. If they are proven to cause harm then they in turn are rejected.

Location hidden

#169924 Dec 5, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on the principles set forth by democratic means.
I don't think you're up to arguing the Constitution given you cannot even identify the elements of a bsaic civil right let alone know how many Amendments there are or how they were formed.
Your right Dan- I cannot identify the elements of a BSAIC civil right.

Perhaps you could explain it to me?
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169925 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
So yo are still claiming what the founders gave us was a "Democracy"?
And you are the one saying I am clueless..
You are in dire need of a history lesson my friend.
Really.

There are many rebublic formats of government of which some are not wholly based on the democratic format.

Please...you tire me with your stupidity.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169926 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Dan.
Doesn't realize that when he rants on about- Lincoln, Slavery, the southern states, and the 13th Amendment- that he is discussing the Civil War.
Weak.

They also had horse carriages back then. Are we to claim I brought them up as well???

Your game playing really makes me think you haven't been able to hold a job longer than 3 months in your life. No shit.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169927 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right Dan- I cannot identify the elements of a BSAIC civil right.
Perhaps you could explain it to me?
Already did a long time ago.

Your mind is like an open drain.

Location hidden

#169928 Dec 5, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
The point behind the Amendments dealt with the fact they were set in motion my foolish friend.
The point is, you have no point.
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
There were never intended to stop at ten and our country was intended to live past the deaths of our Founding Fathers by them.
Who said it wasn't Dan? You are the one who said you liked "Facts" the FACT is the founders as a collective only played a part in the first 10 Amendment's. Well, at least you like the facts YOU make up.
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Rights are determined in part by harm. If they are proven to cause harm then they in turn are rejected.
Source? Oh, that's right- DAN.

Just because you repeat something over and over doesn't make it so. The founders believed in UNALIENABLE RIGHT's- look up the meaning. No mention of harm.

Hell these days EVERYTHING can be found to cause harm- even CO2. Does that mean we no longer have the "RIGHT" to breath?
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169929 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I will let people stew on that statement for a bit.
How so?

I'm the one who's not gay who is backing the idea homosexuals should marry nationwide.

You in turn have no realistic belief in the same and instead choose to muddy the waters on the debate that ensued from it.

People reading this can clearly see you're into games when it comes to debate Ace.
Ralphie

Santa Cruz, CA

#169930 Dec 5, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no reason to be angry.
I'm not gay.
I instead give you facts and you in turn play games.
You're fast approaching the point of being too worthless and stupid to respond to.
He tends to do that.

Must be another TeaTard.
Ralphie

Santa Cruz, CA

#169931 Dec 5, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Already did a long time ago.
Your mind is like an open drain.
Where is WasteWater when we need him. ROTFLMAO
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169932 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would like me to point out all of your typo's I would be more than happy to Dan- but since your posts are so consistently full of sh$$ I figured I would focus on that.
So your wording of 'succession' was actually to mean 'secede'.

Interesting.

Hardly a typo but maybe when you head to the store and ask them where the apples are and you meant oranges it was their fault for the misunderstanding as well.

You're an idiot.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169933 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You reached that point years ago, yet here we are.
Yeah I did.

You are too stupid to respond to so it's mt bad for doing so.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169934 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is, you have no point.
Your opinion but the truth is the Amendments were made available so that we could include any things that might have been overlooked by the original Constitution in order that we form a nation based on the principles set forth by the Founding Fathers.

Being that it was the late 1700's I think they were amazing men to be able to hold that type of foresight.

Location hidden

#169935 Dec 5, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Really.
There are many rebublic formats of government of which some are not wholly based on the democratic format.
Please...you tire me with your stupidity.
"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself."- John Adams

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
Benjamin Franklin

"We are a Republican Government, Real liberty is never found in despotism or in the extremes of democracy...it has been observed that a pure democracy if it were practicable would be the most perfect government. Experience has proved that no position is more false than this. The ancient democracies in which the people themselves deliberated never possessed one good feature of government. Their very character was tyranny; their figure deformity."- Alexander Hamilton

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%." Thomas Jefferson

"Democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their death."- James Madison

"We may define a republic to be - a government which derives all its powers directly or indirectly from the great body of the people, and is administered by persons holding their offices during pleasure for a limited period, or during good behavior. It is essential to such a government that it be derived from the great body of the society, not from an inconsiderable proportion or a favored class of it: otherwise a handful of tyrannical nobles, exercising their oppressions by a delegation of their powers, might aspire to the rank of republicans and claim for their government the honorable title of republic."- James Madison

"Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos."- John Marshall

You were saying Dan??
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169936 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said it wasn't Dan? You are the one who said you liked "Facts" the FACT is the founders as a collective only played a part in the first 10 Amendment's. Well, at least you like the facts YOU make up.
I'm game.

Specifically what facts did I make up?
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169937 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you repeat something over and over doesn't make it so. The founders believed in UNALIENABLE RIGHT's- look up the meaning. No mention of harm.
Hell these days EVERYTHING can be found to cause harm- even CO2. Does that mean we no longer have the "RIGHT" to breath?
Unalienable rights possess no harm.

When we look at the inclusion of adding what is currently banned as being an unalienable right harm is looked at and should viable harm exist they will not push such said right into any form of protection from the law nor make it an accepted practice.

Location hidden

#169938 Dec 5, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Weak.
They also had horse carriages back then. Are we to claim I brought them up as well???
Your game playing really makes me think you haven't been able to hold a job longer than 3 months in your life. No shit.
Poor Dan, so angry.

BTW, Carriages are a far cry from - Lincoln, slavery, southern states, and the 13th Amendment.

A 10 year old could make the connection to the civil war- sorry you cannot.

Well, actually you can, but you choose not to since you got your a$$ handed to you.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169939 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>

OK...now you're in the Twilight Zone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr STEFANO COLONNA 70,159
Who do you support for Superintendent of Public... (Oct '10) 9 hr concernedconserva... 48
Some Mexicans leaving US, planning never to return (Dec '08) Wed loupgarous 15,725
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 28 maranatha 246
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]