Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
148,801 - 148,820 of 200,358 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169862
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
You can point them out. And you can see their relevance illustrated.
Your problem is you cannot successfully argue the facts brought to your doorstep.
No one cares if polygamists get married dumbshit. For one their numbers are so small they're almost non-existant. Add to that the only things people are concerned about if you can actually find polygamists is that they not coerce, marry underage kiddies or use methods of brainwashing in their practice of polygamy....no different than any other marriage moron.
Your inner bigot came out a long time ago with your sad effort at staining gay marriage so I'd shaddup hypocrit.
So because they are small in number they do not deserve equal rights?

Interesting, in less than a page you have managed to single-handedly dismantle two of your argument's- the argument of equality in marriage rights, and the -a vote of the majority cannot take away the rights of the majority.

Congratulations moron.
GodZilla

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169863
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, by your minority, it is, but the vast majority of us know what is right.
Vast majority my azz! Perhaps we should ask the voters in Maine,Washington and Maryland? LOL,It is losers like yourself that are fast becoming a minority and there is a true fact for you Mr. Neanderthal!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169865
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

6

GodZilla wrote:
<quoted text>
Vast majority my azz! Perhaps we should ask the voters in Maine,Washington and Maryland? LOL,It is losers like yourself that are fast becoming a minority and there is a true fact for you Mr. Neanderthal!
So now you guys are OK with people voting on same sex marriage?

You should make up your minds.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169871
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Due to the lengthy amounts of posts, by you, I am not going to answer them all, as I would run of time for sleep, and that would be dangerous, given what I do for a living. But sometimes, I just have to slap the shit out of you. So here goes...It isn't just MY opinion, it's the opinion of the vast amount of people that have already lived and died. If the Founders wished for that kind of equality to exist, then why weren't gays getting married 200 years ago ?
For the same reason women couldn't vote, many of the founders were bigots.
R Hudson wrote:
Easy. They were always considered to be aberrations, up until now.
Well, it's now.
R Hudson wrote:
They were not considered by the Founders as a serious threat to the society that they were creating, they had common sense.
Nothing says "common sense" like slavery and murder of innocent Natives.

R Hudson wrote:
As for the amount of "legally" married couples now in existence, it is because some key lawyers and politicians and such have taken over key positions and decided to inundate us with idiocy. Legislate us into "Idiocracy". Easily answered, and have a good night, a$$hole.
Wiccan, yeah right.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169872
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right, it's YOUR opinion, but you are wrong, my laughing stock opponent. I leave those heifers for guys like you, the abrasive ones with no class. The class of woman that I am "hooked up with" would hurt your feelings...You wouldn't be able to get my type of woman to even give you the time of day.
Yeah, your type of woman would be too drunk to give anybody the type of day.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169874
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
If I posted pictures of mine, he'd be whacking off to them, within minutes....
You did post your pic. And I think the words you are looking for are "throwing up to them".

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169875
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

6

GodZilla wrote:
<quoted text>
Vast majority my azz! Perhaps we should ask the voters in Maine,Washington and Maryland? LOL,It is losers like yourself that are fast becoming a minority and there is a true fact for you Mr. Neanderthal!
Aw shuddup Bill you silly jackass!

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169876
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
So because they are small in number they do not deserve equal rights?
Polygamists already have equal rights.
If someone (living as a) polygamist and a non-polygamist walk into the JP and ask to marry more than one person, they will be told the same thing.
Equal.
Should they be allowed to marry more than one person?
Well, that's a topic for a different forum.
akpilot wrote:
Interesting, in less than a page you have managed to single-handedly dismantle two of your argument's- the argument of equality in marriage rights, and the -a vote of the majority cannot take away the rights of the majority.
Congratulations moron.
Polygamists have equal rights.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169877
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been soliciting lililth again ?
Hey keep your wife off the streets

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169878
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that you shouldn't put up pictures of your wife, if she looks anything like that.
Dat was your mom.... Ya clueless moron

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169879
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamists already have equal rights.
If someone (living as a) polygamist and a non-polygamist walk into the JP and ask to marry more than one person, they will be told the same thing.
Equal.
Should they be allowed to marry more than one person?
Well, that's a topic for a different forum.
<quoted text>
Polygamists have equal rights.
Thank you for showing everyone you are an idiot.
KochNUTS

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169880
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Look you sick frigging fools, the GOP, Republicans and Tea Party Idiots have and are driving this country in to the sea with their stupid ideas.

A bunch of Koch Brothers followers.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169881
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

KochNUTS wrote:
Look you sick frigging fools, the GOP, Republicans and Tea Party Idiots have and are driving this country in to the sea with their stupid ideas.
A bunch of Koch Brothers followers.
Considering the DNC has been pretty much running this country for the last 6 years, I am curious as to how you arrived at this conclusion.
Swords up

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169883
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

There is NO ban anymore, if West Point marries than it's no brainer.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169884
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Due to the lengthy amounts of posts, by you, I am not going to answer them all, as I would run of time for sleep, and that would be dangerous, given what I do for a living. But sometimes, I just have to slap the shit out of you. So here goes...It isn't just MY opinion, it's the opinion of the vast amount of people that have already lived and died. If the Founders wished for that kind of equality to exist, then why weren't gays getting married 200 years ago ? Easy. They were always considered to be aberrations, up until now. They were not considered by the Founders as a serious threat to the society that they were creating, they had common sense. As for the amount of "legally" married couples now in existence, it is because some key lawyers and politicians and such have taken over key positions and decided to inundate us with idiocy. Legislate us into "Idiocracy". Easily answered, and have a good night, a$$hole.
The Founding Fathers wished for a government which allowed all it's citizens a full set of liberties providing those liberties did not produce harm.

We're almost there. Two hundred years ago slavery was in existance, women were second class citizens, Asians could not buy land yet we've managed to bring them up to speed and now it's time to allow gays tohave a full set of freedoms and liberties by allowing them to marry the adult of their choice.

I already said this but there ya go genius.

And as far as gays not being accepted 200 years ago I'll go with that. In case you don't get a calendar advising you what it will be next year after New Years Eve is over it's 2013...not 1813.

We've eveolved as a nation to represent what the Fouding Fathers put in place as a government tghat represents the people. Those people include homosexuals.

By the way...I don't care what you do for a living. I myself sincerely doubt it involves any duties which requires an IQ above that of a trained spider monkey.

As far as me being an asshole....I AM. But I'm spot on by advising you we should let gays marry nationwide.

LOL!!!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169885
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

GodZilla wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah,He'd be gagging! LOLOLOL
YUK!YUK!YUK! Real funny one Bill.

What a jackass!
Dan A Sea

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169886
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Look slicker twit, leave this topic alone.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169887
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right, it's YOUR opinion, but you are wrong, my laughing stock opponent. I leave those heifers for guys like you, the abrasive ones with no class. The class of woman that I am "hooked up with" would hurt your feelings...You wouldn't be able to get my type of woman to even give you the time of day.
I bet.

The woman you'd manage to land would probably get all defensive once I offered to chip in for some plastic surgery by advising me I need to save that money for myself.

She'd no doubt also hurt my eyes given whatever hag you're hooked up with could no doubt peel the paint off a government building and scare junkyard dogs into sterility given her looks.

BAH HAH HAH!!!!
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169889
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, by your minority, it is, but the vast majority of us know what is right.
Majority of whom.

Drunkards whose second home is at Ernie's Bar & Pool Hall?

LOL!!!!
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169890
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
So because they are small in number they do not deserve equal rights?
Interesting, in less than a page you have managed to single-handedly dismantle two of your argument's- the argument of equality in marriage rights, and the -a vote of the majority cannot take away the rights of the majority.
Congratulations moron.
Never said that liar.

Next.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••