Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
148,761 - 148,780 of 200,341 Comments Last updated 10 hrs ago
TheTroll Stopper

Christiansburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

ScreCorps wrote:
off-topic nonsense
Excuse me, but the title of this thread is "Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage".

When you have something to say that pertains to the actual topic of this thread, please let us know. Until then, feel free to STFU, troll.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
You can point them out. And you can see their relevance illustrated.
Your problem is you cannot successfully argue the facts brought to your doorstep.
No one cares if polygamists get married dumbshit. For one their numbers are so small they're almost non-existant. Add to that the only things people are concerned about if you can actually find polygamists is that they not coerce, marry underage kiddies or use methods of brainwashing in their practice of polygamy....no different than any other marriage moron.
Your inner bigot came out a long time ago with your sad effort at staining gay marriage so I'd shaddup hypocrit.
You should be concerned about straight and gay people "that they not coerce, marry underage kiddies or use methods of brainwashing in their practice of marriage" too.

Why are you only concerned when polygamists do it? Are you a big dopey bigot or something?

FUN!
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, and if the people wish to marry polygamously, are they not free to choose this, as "our government is formatted by the people for the purpose of allowing us as U.S. citizens to govern ourselves as free peoples." ?
And, until now, the government determined homosexuality a problematic and harmful institution. And let's not forget that harmful elements, such as cultist aspects, which led to underage marriages, can also be found in the gay community. Forgetting that polygamy is not restricted to cultists might be convenient for the gays, so as to separate themselves on the issue of freedom to choose, but the issue is freedom to choose, a right that is being denied to the Mormons, the Jews and a host of other religious groups, based upon the narrow minded view that any polygamist must be a cultist, the same argument that has been used against the gays, up until now. I see a double standard being applied with impunity by you and your kind, selective elitism. How does it feel to be a bigot, and a hater ?
WOW!!!

I must have gotten you ALL whizzed up...LOL!!! You've got upwards of seven (7) posts in response to mine from when I left yesterday.

I answered your idiotic comment above already. Let polygamists marry as long as they don't marry underage kiddies, coercion or brainwashing in doing so. Big wahoo.

In case you missed to subject at hand it's gay marriage and not if Ferrari red is the best color for a sportscar, if prehistoric man was the first to invent the wheel or about polygamy shitforbrains.

As far as being a bigot, you my fine sir, are using any desparate measure you can fabricate in an effort to take down the idea of gayts marrying so you might want to stop puking on yourself Chief.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Never did.
Unfortunately your sad ass only serves to play the smartass troll in here so ignoring you like the lonely fool yuo apparently are isn't going to be too tough....have a good day.
LOL!!
In other words you can't handle me. Because you are stupid.

Thanks, I'll have a fine day I'm sure!

What a jackass!

Big Fun!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Dan. What a dope!

Hey Dan. Ignore this!

YUK!YUK!YUK!
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, really. Your redefinition of marriage destroys what we have always understood about it. Gays ARE reducing it to a circus trick. Something anyone can do, without any respect for what it has meant, up until now. You cannot simply wave your hand and flourish a pen and create new meanings for ancient traditions. Your utilization of the Huffington Post (a propaganda rag) to provide an example of what a Hollywood story wishes to portray as a reasonable perspective of lesbian motherhood bears little resemblance to the reality of the life. To quote:" ...gay parents have had children in all sorts of family configurations -- whether through adoption, previous heterosexual relationships, or, increasingly, by choosing to have biological offspring using in vitro, surrogate, and other methods." , all examples of broken homes, but that isn't mentioned, is it ? The child not knowing it's heritage, or isn't knowing heritage important anymore ? And I also have links to studies that dispute your claims:
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/childr...
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/06/12/stu...
Turning social order inside out may suit the gay crowd, but it doesn't provide anything to benefit the majority of us. It disrupts the balance and stability that has been vital to our progression and evolution.
Marriage is something any adult should be able to do unless you can produce viable harm in their doing so.

Your sources are outwardly biased by the way. They are not seen as credible any more than if a "study" came from the Westboro Baptist Church on why soldiers sometimes get killed in combat.

You're laughable.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is something any adult should be able to do unless you can produce viable harm in their doing so.
Your sources are outwardly biased by the way. They are not seen as credible any more than if a "study" came from the Westboro Baptist Church on why soldiers sometimes get killed in combat.
You're laughable.
Give yourself some credit Dan, don't be so modest. You're MUCH more "laughable" than he!

TOO Funny!

P.S. Ignore this.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, really. Your redefinition of marriage destroys what we have always understood about it. Gays ARE reducing it to a circus trick. Something anyone can do, without any respect for what it has meant, up until now. You cannot simply wave your hand and flourish a pen and create new meanings for ancient traditions. Your utilization of the Huffington Post (a propaganda rag) to provide an example of what a Hollywood story wishes to portray as a reasonable perspective of lesbian motherhood bears little resemblance to the reality of the life. To quote:" ...gay parents have had children in all sorts of family configurations -- whether through adoption, previous heterosexual relationships, or, increasingly, by choosing to have biological offspring using in vitro, surrogate, and other methods." , all examples of broken homes, but that isn't mentioned, is it ? The child not knowing it's heritage, or isn't knowing heritage important anymore ? And I also have links to studies that dispute your claims:
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/childr...
Turning social order inside out may suit the gay crowd, but it doesn't provide anything to benefit the majority of us. It disrupts the balance and stability that has been vital to our progression and evolution.
BTW goof -

---I saw this one (1) study before.

Flaws this study has in determining whether or not gays can offer healthy outcomes for children in their care as families scream the following.

-This was but one study amongst a myriad of studies before. How is it one study trumps more than the 32 independent studies I had seen before?

-In his study Regnerus claims earlier studies only used a fraction of carefully selected cases in which to draw their conclusions yet offers no proof of this and does not give any proof he himself did not imbibe his study with the same practice.

-And notice that in his study he never drew correlations between gays adopting children whom would otherwise be left in foster care or orphans. Do you in turn think children raised in foster care and orphanges fare well?

Sorry friend....unless I see real proof which can sway me from reading all those studies prior which show in many cases kids fare very well as adults after being raised by gay famailies this is no more than another lame effort by you at grabbing for straws.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, BTW you have called me a dumb ass one minute, and friend the next, which shows a lack of coherent stability on your part.
Not really.

To me at least you illustrate yourself as a dumbass in here more than a checker trimmed suinflower yellow 4 door car with a flashing light on top advises it's a taxi.

The inclusion of the wording "friend" is not an extension for you to come over and watch the game while eating chips and dip. It's meant in a demeaning way.

You're just too thick to get it apparently.

LOL!!!!
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, sir, wrong. It is exactly as I have stated. I have no care about who is attracted to whom, I merely have no desire to see legitimacy granted to abnormal coupling, based upon it. Marriage is, and always has been, for 1 man and 1 woman.
Gotcha again.

It's your opinion gay couples are "abnormal".

And if marriage is and always has been for one man and one woman how is it we have numbers of same sex couples whom are legally married now???

DOH!!!

LOL!!!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really.
To me at least you illustrate yourself as a dumbass in here more than a checker trimmed suinflower yellow 4 door car with a flashing light on top advises it's a taxi.
The inclusion of the wording "friend" is not an extension for you to come over and watch the game while eating chips and dip. It's meant in a demeaning way.
You're just too thick to get it apparently.
LOL!!!!
You use "friend" like I use "dope"?

That's dopey, friend!

Too Funny!
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not bullshit at all. Yes, I am for real. As for that link between Slick Willy and gays, it is a lack of moral fiber. Simple. No proof required to verify truth. Truth is self evident. My party bag is full, to overflowing. Were you in the habit of cheating on your wife, or were you unmarried ? Because if you were not married, then you were not required to exhibit monogamous behavior.
And that is what TOPIX is...a format to express your opinion. You hold an opinion gays lack moral fiber.

Well Junior...it's your opinion and I for one have no wish to strip you of it. Your problem comes in when you want to lay claim it's factual and that's where you falter my fine little friend. You cannot provide viable proof in any harm gays marrying causes.

I was not married my entire life idiot. I myself find it hard anything but soime fat Cheeto eating beer guzzling wench weighing in at 295# would hook up with your sorry ass....but that's just my opinion.

LOL!!!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Dan.

YUK!YUK!YUK!
TeaTime

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Good thing this has finally come out in public to talk about so whats your point?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is what TOPIX is...a format to express your opinion. You hold an opinion gays lack moral fiber.
Well Junior...it's your opinion and I for one have no wish to strip you of it. Your problem comes in when you want to lay claim it's factual and that's where you falter my fine little friend. You cannot provide viable proof in any harm gays marrying causes.
I was not married my entire life idiot. I myself find it hard anything but soime fat Cheeto eating beer guzzling wench weighing in at 295# would hook up with your sorry ass....but that's just my opinion.
LOL!!!
Not nice to criticize someone's unseen wife Dan. You've posted pictures of your wife. While I'm sure she is a fine lady in every way and probably never touched a Cheeto in her life, you must admit she is a tiny bit of a debu!

Funny stuff!
BoxTruck

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Glendora, California - crime has risen again, it never really stopped ever since the current city council took power away from the residents.

Police arrested three people December 03, 2012 for breaking into a house and stealing appliances.

The house in question is located in the 300 block of North Barranca Avenue.

Remember to Shop Glendora, that applies to everyone? Brought to you by Ken Herman.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

If anyone sees Dan "Friend" C, stick a fork in him, I think he's done!

Funny stuff!
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
If anyone sees Dan "Friend" C, stick a fork in him, I think he's done!
Funny stuff!
If Dan is done, you are burned to a crisp.
What will you have to whine about when Prop 8 is no more? Oh wait.... I already know the answer to that... polygamy, the whine of idiots.
Non Psycho Mike DiDucci

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You use "friend" like I use "dope"?
That's dopey, friend!
Too Funny!
Ergo, every time you call someone a "dope" you mean "brilliant".

Brilliant! You are such a dope....

BTW: Thanks for admitting you "use dope". I've called the narcs and they're on their way. If you see a car drive by, hide.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I merely have no desire to see legitimacy granted to abnormal coupling
Welcome to today, It is your opinion now that is considered abnormal, just FYI

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••