Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,438)

Showing posts 148,741 - 148,760 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169772
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is I donít have an opinion on polygamous or incestuous marriage rights and I donít believe that I have to in order to deserve Gay Marriage Equality. Do you believe that polygamous or incestuous marriages should be legal?
Pickerington?

I'm from Colorado...lived in California most of my life now but spent a year in Lancaster, Ohio.

Very conservative area and one in which gay marriage would seem hard to pass if left to a vote.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169773
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, yes you can. Straight people do it every day.
"straight people" aren't the ones claiming you can't, and then adding miles of footnotes to the "equal right's" claim to exclude all others but same sex and heterosexual.

What is funny is that you think you are somehow MORE for "equal right's" than another group because you want to include yourselves while excluding all others. Its cute really.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169774
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do folks like yourself and AK have such difficulty differentiating between ONE, and TWO, THREE or FOUR?
So it is OK to exclude consenting adults from the right of marriage based on the number of parties involved, yet not OK when it comes to gender?

How many other exceptions would you like to include in your- I'm for equal right's of all- claim?
WaterPistol

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169775
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Is it set on stun?
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169776
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
"straight people" aren't the ones claiming you can't, and then adding miles of footnotes to the "equal right's" claim to exclude all others but same sex and heterosexual.
What is funny is that you think you are somehow MORE for "equal right's" than another group because you want to include yourselves while excluding all others. Its cute really.
What you're attempting is a play on words.

There is no aspect of gays wanting "more" in terms of equal rights. In fact the term sums it up - equal rights.

As far as the rest of your thoughts here again is why you are incorrect;

Gays pursuing equal rights in terms of marriage have never made efforts towards excluding others. They are only focused on their path towards equality when it comes to marriage mainly because of the concentrated effort it will take to make it a national reality.

Disagree??

Then find just ONE case where gays took efforts to excluding say polygamists from marrying. Just one....because if you cannot you are what I already know of you - you're a liar.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169777
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
So it is OK to exclude consenting adults from the right of marriage based on the number of parties involved, yet not OK when it comes to gender?
How many other exceptions would you like to include in your- I'm for equal right's of all- claim?
The poster merely pointed to the fact polygamy involved itself with a completely different set of circumstances in terms of marriage than the gay marriage issue in that polygamists are concerned with marriages involving themselves with 3 or more adults in a union.

And apparently that confused you.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169778
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is I donít have an opinion on polygamous or incestuous marriage rights and I donít believe that I have to in order to deserve Gay Marriage Equality. Do you believe that polygamous or incestuous marriages should be legal?
Yes.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169779
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
The poster merely pointed to the fact polygamy involved itself with a completely different set of circumstances in terms of marriage than the gay marriage issue in that polygamists are concerned with marriages involving themselves with 3 or more adults in a union.
And apparently that confused you.
Wha? Your explanation definitely confused me!

Explain it better. Maybe if you stop trying to talk so fancy.

YUK!YUK!YUK!
rolls

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169780
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

who farted?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169782
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
The poster merely pointed to the fact polygamy involved itself with a completely different set of circumstances in terms of marriage than the gay marriage issue in that polygamists are concerned with marriages involving themselves with 3 or more adults in a union.
And apparently that confused you.
No, the poster said it was OK to exclude consenting adults from the right of marriage based on the number of parties involved, but not OK when it comes to gender.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169783
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

8

8

7

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
When you post this: "cults which have tendacies to use techniques which amount to bondage, brain washing younger members and many include under aged brides." you are posting about cultists, which can, and do, exist in ay group. You haven't produced any answer about the harmful nature of polygamy, though. Just giving a history lesson...But your stupid ass fails to see the connection, because you don't wish to. The connection is governmentally legislated freedom of choice. But I accept your dodge as evidence that you cannot find any harm in any normal, non-cultist polygamists. It would seem that you are now using the same strategy that the anti-gay side has been using, and getting abused , for. namely, whitewashing a whole group, based upon some bad press generated by a few ill intentioned miscreants. Ciao, dumbass.
Here here! Brilliant post. Thank you for sharing.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169789
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

I predict Dan will be suddenly announcing he's leaving us losers to get back to his exciting and classy social life! Perhaps the cocktail hour approaches. Black ties!

Dan. What a jackass!

YUK!YUK!YUK!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169793
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

rolls wrote:
who farted?
Dan.
FrackedManagers

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169797
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Look again Chris Jeffers, ther will be an opening in the city of Alhambra, Ca. since there's will be going off to Santa Clara, Ca. to be their city manager.

So Chris Jeffers of Glendora, Ca. you've done plenty of damage to the city and employees mora already, pleasse get lost.

The Santa Clara City Council will vote Tuesday on an employee contract to appoint Alhambra City Manager Julio Fuentes.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169798
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

8

7

7

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
What you're attempting is a play on words.
There is no aspect of gays wanting "more" in terms of equal rights. In fact the term sums it up - equal rights.
As far as the rest of your thoughts here again is why you are incorrect;
Gays pursuing equal rights in terms of marriage have never made efforts towards excluding others. They are only focused on their path towards equality when it comes to marriage mainly because of the concentrated effort it will take to make it a national reality.
Disagree??
Then find just ONE case where gays took efforts to excluding say polygamists from marrying. Just one....because if you cannot you are what I already know of you - you're a liar.
Again, you are trying to act cute with your "gays don't make efforts to exclude" nonsense. The fact that you guys toss them to the side like bad fruit says it all. Any other form of marriage aside from same sex marriage is insignificant, a red herring, and off topic to you guys.

If you really want people to buy into your "equal right's" BS you really should stop attempting to exclude others through omission.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169799
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
The poster merely pointed to the fact polygamy involved itself with a completely different set of circumstances in terms of marriage than the gay marriage issue in that polygamists are concerned with marriages involving themselves with 3 or more adults in a union.
And apparently that confused you.
Funny, pointing out all the differences in forms of marriage are relevant to the argument against them, that is unless you are talking to the differences with homosexual marriages.

Careful, your inner-bigot is showing.
Willows

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169800
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Whats A Matter U - what century do you live in?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169801
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

crazy
ScreCorps

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169802
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

7

6

6

A.L.E.C. is finally exposed for it's communist cell activity in the USA.

http://www.alecexposed.org/wiki/ALEC_Exposed

With the likes of Org's like ALEX and Cross Roads the USA almost was pulled under and out of control of it's honest voting citizens of America.
Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169803
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

anyone awake

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 148,741 - 148,760 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••