Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,436)

Showing posts 148,701 - 148,720 of200,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smiths dog wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you babbling about?
Are you claiming that people don't pick on people simply because they're gay? When I was in high school there were a few gays in my class. We (as in just about EVERYONE, including me) picked on them regularly. I grew up and didn't continue the behavior. Yet I know plenty of people who are more than happy to continue the abuse.
http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2009/data/table_01....
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Spinnerits

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

The holiday season is coming.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Dan, we have all suffered through your posts. You are very good at dancing, but not very good at reality.
You are like Rose, trying to speak in all kinds of cryptic terms, trying to leave yourselves a way out of all of your nonsense by attempting to never really commit to anything. The problem is, neither of you are intelligent enough to do so, and not one person is falling for your nonsense.
You cannot claim that you are for equal rights on one hand, and then deny those right's on the other. You cannot claim that it is OK to deny right's from one group because of- A,B,C- and then claim you cannot deny those same right's from another group because A,B,C does not apply to them.
You don't get a pass on being a bigot because you are in favor of same sex marriage anymore than a black person gets a pass on being a racist because of the color of their skin.
"Cryptic terms"....LOL!!!!

BTW genius....I never denied anyone from getting married albeit I threw a few hints towards my buddy Tom before he got hitched witgh the Wicked Witch of the West back in the mid-80's.

Poor Tom. Son of a gun hasn't been able to keep his head up since.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Equal rights are equal rights. Your bigotry against polygamists is not a "separate entity".
What a dope!
Fabricate much.

How's the social life BTW.

LOL!!!
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone entering into a same sex marriage might commit suicide within two years too Dan. Do you have a point beyond bigotry?
Shit son....my first marriage brought me closer to thinking about taking the station wagon into the garage and closing the door while it ran 92 octane gas in park whilst I drank a liter of Drano shortly after slitting my wrists and lighting the fuse to a stick of TNT all the while balancing my big toe on the hair trigger of a double barrelled 12 gauge shotgun which was supporting my chin.

BAH HAH HAH!!!!

Thank God I didn't given my beautiful little woman was in my future.

Give it a rest idiot....if you're going to play games buy a set of checkers and find a friend if you can manage one.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
Still waiting for a compelling argument against three men or three women or a mixture of genders marrying. And throw in one against incest marriage while you're at it.
Dan?
Imprtnrd?
Quest?
Hello? Hello?
TOO Funny!
Ya, too funny. There is no argument. Told you that already. DUH!
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You are for polygamy "As long as those women were no coerced through cult surroundings, were minors and knew of each other."
I am for same sex marriage "As long as those women were no coerced through cult surroundings, were (not) minors and knew of each other."
See how bigoted you are Dan? Do you get it yet dummy?
Err.....there was no bigotry demonstrated in your post.

FYI.
InArow

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Bingo, you win again.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>How would you identify yourself in the level of politics? Liberal? Conservative? middle? Just curious.
I don't.

I have a set of beliefs but in that set many of my friends who consider themselves part of the Tea Party do not agree, many of my friends that consider themselves Republican do not agree and many tree hugging Liberal Democrats don't like many of my stances.

As to date I've always voted Republican but the fact I support gay marriage can be argued by many I don't stand up for their beliefs.

For starters I think the Tea Party and many "Christian Republicans" forget we live in a nation which espouses freedom of religion and I tire of the drumbeat that we are 'Christian nation' but I also agree to their thoughts on illegal immigration, business, the joke of 'Obama Health Care', etc.

I'm not a "pro-lifer" either albeit abortion is a tricky subject given I don't think it should be used as a form of loose birth control either.

I don't think many Liberals have a firm understanding of how business nor world affairs needs to be run successfully.

Politics involves itself in many aspects and each one is succinct and different therefore I hold views on each. Most of those I voted for did not carry all my beliefs but if they were able to hold more than the opposing party they obviously gained my vote.

When dealing with this gay rights issue of marriage it's seen as a liberal point of view so really it matters little what one is labeled given many of my views would be seen as conservative.

You?
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>Ya, too funny. There is no argument. Told you that already. DUH!
Mike DiDumbass keeps harboring this idea I have something against polygamy when in fact it's a non-issue.

What we did is bust his neat little egg in thinking he can play out as if he supports gay marriage but by doing so he then supports polygamy and if we don't then we are in turn hypocrites given we are for one format of marriage but not another when in fact I could care less if Mormon Moe wants to marry a harem of women.

The guy is a complete idiot.
FouledUp

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

If the once shaved and made to walk backwards, GOP, Republicans and Tea Party Nation fools are once again barking up the wrong tree with their silly ideas of fixing the tax problems of The United States of America.

Republicans offered up their own proposal to avert the impending “fiscal cliff” but it looks and sounds crazy, the numbers don't add up.

The whole set of plans submitted by the GOP, Republicans are fouled up.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

mamalisa68 wrote:
what ever happened to the vote of the majority.....the people have spoken. This is just another example of the "powers that be" taking things into thier own hands. Sooooo tired of the government........
You don't vote out individual rights of American citizens.

Pretty simple concept and if you had an IQ above that of a snapping turtle walking off a cliff because it thought it could fly you'd get it.

You no doubt probably have freedoms and liberties you enjoy as an American but might not be wildly popular so in turn if we deny gays the ability to marry based on a vote then can we vote on your individual freedoms?
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Dopey post. What's it supposed to mean?
What harm would a loving marriage of three consenting adult men cause you? Answer the question jackass, don't just post post numbers. You make no sense.
What a dope!
No one cares brother.

Add to that I'd like to see you even find a case where the Three Musketeers wanted to marry each other in a polygamist union.

LOL!!!

You're so damned stupid I begin to wonder if you have to remind yourself to raise the toilet lid before relieving yourself....LOL!!!!

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't.
I have a set of beliefs but in that set many of my friends who consider themselves part of the Tea Party do not agree, many of my friends that consider themselves Republican do not agree and many tree hugging Liberal Democrats don't like many of my stances.
As to date I've always voted Republican but the fact I support gay marriage can be argued by many I don't stand up for their beliefs.
For starters I think the Tea Party and many "Christian Republicans" forget we live in a nation which espouses freedom of religion and I tire of the drumbeat that we are 'Christian nation' but I also agree to their thoughts on illegal immigration, business, the joke of 'Obama Health Care', etc.
I'm not a "pro-lifer" either albeit abortion is a tricky subject given I don't think it should be used as a form of loose birth control either.
I don't think many Liberals have a firm understanding of how business nor world affairs needs to be run successfully.
Politics involves itself in many aspects and each one is succinct and different therefore I hold views on each. Most of those I voted for did not carry all my beliefs but if they were able to hold more than the opposing party they obviously gained my vote.
When dealing with this gay rights issue of marriage it's seen as a liberal point of view so really it matters little what one is labeled given many of my views would be seen as conservative.
You?
Actually, we agree alot.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Quixotic lapse into irrationality leaves me cold. how does #550 paint me as a liar ? Polygamy is the same as gay marriage. It is the exercise of freedom of choice, and the exercise of religious freedom, as well. Any argument that frees up gay marriage must also liberate polygamists.
You linked the 2 together then claimed you did not and now interestingly enough are again linking polygamy and gay marriage together.

You apparently don't know who in the hell you are...LOL!!!!

Polygamy and same sex marriages are different in nature hence the separate names to each dumbass.

Of course you can play games and lay claim what if 3 women wanted to marry each other but they are viewed as separate entities.

Add to that there is no evidence that if we allow gays to marry we then must allow polygamists to marry given their separate structure which mainly deals with the fact polygamists want to have 3 or more partners married to each other.

Given you're too fucking stupid I thought I'd introduce you to that little fact.

Now if you hold a sincere fear that if we allow 2 people of the same sex to marry we in turn must allow everything from polygamists to those wanting to marry a sex doll in tow here's what may comfort your dumbass self - each are separate and will be viewed independently based on their own merits.

There are polygamists who do want to legalize polygamy but they cannot ride the coat tails of gay marriage given their individual aspects of being polygamists involve a completely different set of circumstances.

This probably will go right over your head but there you go. Facts. All in a neat row for you to absorb given your skull isn't too thick.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute......I have been, repeatedly, told, by YOUR side, that reproduction isn't a vital component for marriage. What difference can children with birth defects play here ? And since when does cultist methodology play any part in polygamy, but not gay marriage ? And what studies do you have access to, pertaining to siblings wishing to marry ? It seems to me that you are engaging in double standards, to support your side, and undermine mine. Play fair. Accept that the same arguments that you use for SSM can, and MUST, be used to support polygamy and incestuous relationships. Or else, cop to selective elitism, as I have stated previously.
Reproduction is not a vital component to marriage.

If it were those marriages that did not produce offspring would have been anulled after a set period of time DUMBASS.

I never argued for or against incestuous marriage given to me it's a non-issue when discussing gays marrying for 2 reasons;

The absolute rarity of it if it even exists and I don't believe any sister is going to WANT to marry their brother or and daughter would willingly marry their father.

So there is no 'selective elitism'....there is you being completely brain dead when absorbing what is being stated however.

LOL!!!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Fabricate much.
How's the social life BTW.
LOL!!!
Why does it matter Dan? Do you support equality for people with a good social life or a bad one?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Shit son....my first marriage brought me closer to thinking about taking the station wagon into the garage and closing the door while it ran 92 octane gas in park whilst I drank a liter of Drano shortly after slitting my wrists and lighting the fuse to a stick of TNT all the while balancing my big toe on the hair trigger of a double barrelled 12 gauge shotgun which was supporting my chin.
BAH HAH HAH!!!!
Thank God I didn't given my beautiful little woman was in my future.
Give it a rest idiot....if you're going to play games buy a set of checkers and find a friend if you can manage one.
Lend me one of your friends or even better, you be my friend, jackass!

C'mon be my friend Dan. I never had an ignorant dope like you for a friend! Might be fun. You could threaten people for me!

Too Funny!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Err.....there was no bigotry demonstrated in your post.
FYI.
It was used as an example of me turning around your bigotry. I fully support marriage equality. You do not.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike DiDumbass keeps harboring this idea I have something against polygamy when in fact it's a non-issue.
What we did is bust his neat little egg in thinking he can play out as if he supports gay marriage but by doing so he then supports polygamy and if we don't then we are in turn hypocrites given we are for one format of marriage but not another when in fact I could care less if Mormon Moe wants to marry a harem of women.
The guy is a complete idiot.
I support same sex marriage. I am not playing. But you are.

P.S. It's I COULDN'T care less you big dope! Saying "I could care less" is stupid. It means you care, get it jackass? Too funny.

What a dope!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 148,701 - 148,720 of200,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••