Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
148,541 - 148,560 of 200,349 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
Hmm another attempt to finalize the SSM issue has come to yet another delay !!! obviously the feds think it's a stupid attempt and waste of tax payers money to be recognized.
Just because Obama claims he has "evolved" doesn't mean the rest of the feds have. Obama gets credit for "evolving" (lip service) and the rest of the fed doesn't evolve. He smirks and considers it Win/Win. He gets praise from the LGBT. He smirks again and suggests republicans are homophobes.
BarffedUp

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Neither is the rain.
Mojos

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Let wait and see.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
See, there you go again, being facetious... Of course it is a scam. Pretending to be a valid couple, without the proper components, is pretense.
We were not talking about marriage, we were talking about "gay" marriage, which is not marriage at all. It is the coupling of a same sex couple which is bogus. The parts are not meant to go where they are being put, in a gay marriage.
Rock, itís none of your business what I do with my parts.
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

If you are a homo and voted for Obammy, you got played LMAO . . .
Mojinks

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

West Point gets it's first gay marriage.
Despots

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Republicans might try looking in the mirror and do some serious self-examination.

Why does the majority of the country believe the GOP has lost touch and doesn't truly represent them?
jack rabbit swammi cowboy

Klamath Falls, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Judge Swami has spoken

Not only is homosexual marriage a farce but sex between two or more of the same gender is impossible. You may copulate maybe but not have sex. Just like pleasuring by appliance or any other masturbation is not sex. Recent dictionaries have misrepresented that wonderful gift of nature. That is one more example of chalanges to natural law that is killing humanity.

Klamath Falls, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Swami needs a good typist who knows grammer and can spell.

Klamath Falls, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Despots wrote:
Republicans might try looking in the mirror and do some serious self-examination.
Why does the majority of the country believe the GOP has lost touch and doesn't truly represent them?
But wait till the voters foot the bill for the benefit packages for dependents in homosexual marriages. Better hope Obama care makes the question of benefits a non issue.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because Obama claims he has "evolved" doesn't mean the rest of the feds have. Obama gets credit for "evolving" (lip service) and the rest of the fed doesn't evolve. He smirks and considers it Win/Win. He gets praise from the LGBT. He smirks again and suggests republicans are homophobes.
I think Clinton was the one that received the lip service.

Klamath Falls, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Swsmi's law

Once you debunk arguements all they can do is check judge it.

Klamath Falls, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Some in federal agencys will never evolve. Rouge agents loyal to the right, can't trust them.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
But what you do with your parts isn't enough of a basis to change a traditionally defined ceremony, to accomodate your misuse of those parts, or to legitimize an invalid union, based upon said misuse.
You do realize that thereís more to marriage than sex, donít you? I have no interest in changing any existing ceremony. As an American I deserve the rights and privileges marriage includes regardless of what you and haters like you think.
Bob

Tenino, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

1. The devil is gay.

2. The demons are gay.

3. The bilderbergs are gay.

4. The masons are gay.

5. The members of bohemian grove are gay.

6. The illuminati is gay.

7. The antichrist will be gay.

They will all burn in hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

jack rabbit swammi cowboy wrote:
Swami needs a good typist who knows grammer and can spell.
...among other things.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that thereís more to marriage than sex, donít you? I have no interest in changing any existing ceremony. As an American I deserve the rights and privileges marriage includes regardless of what you and haters like you think.
I think you do too.

But that means others wanting to marry "regardless of what the haters think" should also be allowed. Like polygamists and incestuous marriages. That's equality to me, how about you?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the question I was going to pose a few days ago, the polygamy angle. The SSM crowd wants to allow themselves into a fold that they bar others from, and they cannot explain that away. As the government has decided that polygamy is illegal, they face the ugly elephant in the room re governmental legislation. If they wish for TRUE equality, then they have to allow for polygamists to enjoy the same freedom to choose their mates that they themselves claim is their "right". All they are doing is exploiting a loophole, to enjoy a "freedom" that was simply unheard of, in the time of the Framers.
And, if we are to address coupling at all, we know that perfect partnership requires some level of difference. Sexual intimacy between a man and a woman is the normal method of male/female bonding (emotionally and physically) because it corresponds to the design of our bodies and because it is the normal means by which offspring are created, and bonding is what is at the heart of marriage. The argument that the parts "fit" is as insensible as saying that is perfectly OK to stick staples into electrical outlets, simply because "the parts fit". The parts may "fit", but it is inadvisable. The argument that homosexual behavior exist in nature hold no validity, because killing also exist in nature, and rape, and these are not accepted, either. And polygamy, also, can be found in nature, also a "no-no", so the argument that nature validates homosexual behavior is invalid.
Equality can only be served if polygamy is allowed. Where is the equality ? Missing, I think, replaced by the aforementioned "selective elitism" that is what passes today.
Right. Equality is equality. If you exclude anyone, it's not equality. It's a simple concept really.

P.S. Mona Lott hates polygamists! He's sure to be piping up with his dopey bigoted nonsense soon as he reads this. Big Fun!
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

They say Long Beach is the "Gay" place to live. Heterosexuals that have lived in LB say it in no longer a nive place to live ...
Dan

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the question I was going to pose a few days ago, the polygamy angle. The SSM crowd wants to allow themselves into a fold that they bar others from, and they cannot explain that away. As the government has decided that polygamy is illegal, they face the ugly elephant in the room re governmental legislation. If they wish for TRUE equality, then they have to allow for polygamists to enjoy the same freedom to choose their mates that they themselves claim is their "right". All they are doing is exploiting a loophole, to enjoy a "freedom" that was simply unheard of, in the time of the Framers.
And, if we are to address coupling at all, we know that perfect partnership requires some level of difference. Sexual intimacy between a man and a woman is the normal method of male/female bonding (emotionally and physically) because it corresponds to the design of our bodies and because it is the normal means by which offspring are created, and bonding is what is at the heart of marriage. The argument that the parts "fit" is as insensible as saying that is perfectly OK to stick staples into electrical outlets, simply because "the parts fit". The parts may "fit", but it is inadvisable. The argument that homosexual behavior exist in nature hold no validity, because killing also exist in nature, and rape, and these are not accepted, either. And polygamy, also, can be found in nature, also a "no-no", so the argument that nature validates homosexual behavior is invalid.
Equality can only be served if polygamy is allowed. Where is the equality ? Missing, I think, replaced by the aforementioned "selective elitism" that is what passes today.
I disagree.

Polygamy by it's very nature is a separate entity.

It's inclusion into the aspect of gay marriage is merely a weak ploy which attempts deflection.

If we're to speak of natural unions in the human world you then have to apply aspects such as love & attraction and both of those elements exist in gay marriage.

The idea of linking killing to gay marriage is absurd by the way. There is no connection. Given heterosexual couplings are also inherently natural as well you in turn link that to killing also moron.

As far as the Founding Fathers they introduced a form of government based on inherent freedoms. In their time slavery was practiced as well but because we continue their format we as a country are evolving into what they intended which explains why women can vote, there are no slaves and Asians can own land. Gay marriage is merely a step in the right direction if we're to practice what was introduced by them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••