Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
148,461 - 148,480 of 200,586 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago
Big D

Modesto, CA

#169431 Nov 30, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes a great success. If it wasn't, it wouldn't have gone to the Senate.
But you know this by now. You suffer from Narcissistic Personality Disorder, you cannot be wrong even when you and everyone else knows you are. It's a real bitch, incurable they say.
But fun for me!
No I donít suffer from anything, and you are not a psychologist, how long have you been pretending to be?

Perhaps you had a successful degree that you didnít actually achieve?:)
YesHeDid

Azusa, CA

#169432 Nov 30, 2012
Willard Mitt Romney, thou shalt not bear false witness. Well that was broken so many time by Willard that he has a pass given to him by the church to continue in the name of LDS.
Willard Mitt ROMNEY, because he believed that a man should earn his own way in life, AND STEAL THE REST.

Willard Mitt Romney lost. Get over it.

Yes He Did..

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#169433 Nov 30, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No I donít suffer from anything, and you are not a psychologist, how long have you been pretending to be?
Perhaps you had a successful degree that you didnít actually achieve?:)
Perhaps you would explain what you think impeachment means? Maybe we can get to the bottom of your confusion.

But of course you know you are wrong so you won't.

Impeachment is a formal process in which an official is accused of unlawful activity. Simple. Why do you not understand?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#169434 Nov 30, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
Does anyone know what time the Supreme Court will revile whether it will take up the DOMA and Prop 8 cases.
I heard when they are done cleaning up Sandy, then they will start.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169435 Nov 30, 2012
YesHeDid wrote:
Willard Mitt Romney, thou shalt not bear false witness. Well that was broken so many time by Willard that he has a pass given to him by the church to continue in the name of LDS.
Willard Mitt ROMNEY, because he believed that a man should earn his own way in life, AND STEAL THE REST.
Willard Mitt Romney lost. Get over it.
Yes He Did..
So get over it jackass! He'll soon fade into oblivion, but you'll still be stupid.
FanDango

Azusa, CA

#169436 Nov 30, 2012
It's another fan-dango day in SoCal.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169437 Nov 30, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I heard when they are done cleaning up Sandy, then they will start.
Obama's leadership on Sandy was worse than Bush's on Katrina. But Obama gets praise and Bush gets scorn. Funny how that works.
Gluck Gluck

Azusa, CA

#169438 Nov 30, 2012
Radar Orighly says.

Elk Grove, CA

#169439 Nov 30, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's leadership on Sandy was worse than Bush's on Katrina. But Obama gets praise and Bush gets scorn. Funny how that works.
thou great oblama can do no wrong. A lot of people need a religion and cling on to Oblama.

Elk Grove, CA

#169440 Nov 30, 2012
I'm sure somehow Sandy was Bush's fault.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#169441 Nov 30, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you would explain what you think impeachment means? Maybe we can get to the bottom of your confusion.
But of course you know you are wrong so you won't.
Impeachment is a formal process in which an official is accused of unlawful activity. Simple. Why do you not understand?
I already know, I dont care if you do or not

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169442 Nov 30, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
I'm sure somehow Sandy was Bush's fault.
Of course it was. Romney was in on it too.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#169443 Nov 30, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is good for society because it provides stability.
The bottom line is there is no harm in allowing same sex marriage. The few valid arguments against it are weak and insignificant especially when you consider the small percentage of the population involved.
Besides all that stuff, weddings are fun! The more I get invited to the better.
Loosen up Bruno! Don't be a dope.
I'm refering to a SSM you moron, not just a marriage. The few "VALID" arguments as you describe, are just that valid, just because YOU don't agree with them makes you very biased.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169444 Nov 30, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I already know, I dont care if you do or not
You know but you're keeping it secret?

Aw c'mon Biggy, don't be like that. I told you, now you tell me what you think it means.

Fun!
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#169445 Nov 30, 2012
DorN wrote:
<quoted text>
=---------
If homosexuals are allowed to legally marry and be accepted in society, they will "come out of the closet" and not have to marry straights in order to be respected.
I can respect a homosexual more if they just did't demand to be respected by changing rules and laws to be part of a normal society. Some will say they don't care if they are respected and that this is not about respect, but it is

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169446 Nov 30, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm refering to a SSM you moron, not just a marriage. The few "VALID" arguments as you describe, are just that valid, just because YOU don't agree with them makes you very biased.
Yeah I am biased. And so are you, that's why we are here jackass!

All arguments I've heard against same sex marriage are weak at best. The slippery slope I'd say is the strongest. If we allow marriage to mean everything, it will mean nothing. But in practise it will hardly be a problem due to the small percentages of people involved.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#169447 Nov 30, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You know but you're keeping it secret?
Aw c'mon Biggy, don't be like that. I told you, now you tell me what you think it means.
Fun!
You wont ever know, you can rest easy that is was a total success in your mind :)

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169448 Nov 30, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You wont ever know, you can rest easy that is was a total success in your mind :)
Yes it was. If Clinton's impeachment wasn't successful, we wouldn't be arguing about Clinton's impeachment!

What a dope!

You think impeachment means found guilty and removed from office by the Senate. You're wrong. The House has the sole power of impeachment. Once they impeach, you're "successfully" impeached regardless of the outcome in the Senate.

It bears repeating- What a dope!

FUN!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#169449 Nov 30, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it was. If Clinton's impeachment wasn't successful, we wouldn't be arguing about Clinton's impeachment!
What a dope!
You think impeachment means found guilty and removed from office by the Senate. You're wrong. The House has the sole power of impeachment. Once they impeach, you're "successfully" impeached regardless of the outcome in the Senate.
It bears repeating- What a dope!
FUN!
Now you are a mind reader? Do you have an actual ability in mind reading or do you have a "successful" effort in mind reading regardless of the fact that you donít actually the ability?

You have no idea what I think, you certainly have no idea of what I know ( you already demonstrated that you donít know that )

LOL

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169450 Nov 30, 2012
Arguing with this jackass "Big D" reminds me of playing whack a mole. He just keeps popping up insisting Clinton wasn't impeached and I gotta whack him back down again!

Whack a Dope!

It's fun!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 24 min J RULES 68,991
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 19 hr Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Thu JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Thu Money 1
My fears for Doris Day: Confidante who spent 40... (Oct '13) Thu marti eton square 4
clint Aug 27 ubietron 1
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••