Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
148,421 - 148,440 of 200,366 Comments Last updated 19 hrs ago
Non Psycho Mike DiDucci

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>He probably wishes it was him giving that bj.
...and you call yourself a "christian"...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

jack rabbit swammi cowboy wrote:
<quoted text> Pardon the interruption but The Swami is going to have to say the Clinton impeachment was only a partial success for the republicans because he was reelected. One thing I got out of that mess was the voters must have rejected the frog watching tactic by republicans for political gain.
On the subject of morals: What do you think of KID sex drugs and ROCK n roll being used by the o-so righteous republicans. Great song at the convention though. Loved the video.
Bill Clinton was successfully impeached in the House on Dec 19, 1998. He was later acquitted in the Senate and therefore not removed from office.

"Big D" doesn't understand what impeachment means, he thinks it means removal from office. It does not. He needs to read the constitution but he refuses, insisting he knows it all and we don't.

Big D is a big dope know-it-all! But he's having lots of fun!(he says he is, but I think he's fibbing)

Fun Stuff!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

But not to discount the homosexual anthropology professorís teaching that it was because women were able to harness fire that we got started toward civilization. Theory was every time a man saw a fire he peed on it but woman burned her butt when she tried to pee on a fire which gave us cooked food and a warm cave in which to develop from.
Good one!

Funny!
AsWell

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Hay steew, hows it going?

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

phobias are unfounded or irrational fears. The homosexual recruitment of our youth is real....
Rose's Law.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are deliberately misreading the song. Taking the whole thing out of context. Who else were they gonna dance with ? As far as saying that, they were forgetting that they were in jail, and pretending to be back out on the street for a minute...
"You're the cutest jailbird I ever did see"

You don't have to tell someone they are the cutest in order to ask them to dance.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in 1957. you are displaying how the gay appropriate everything over time. THAT is exactly what I mean. In 1957, that term didn't exist,
And you know that ...how?
R Hudson wrote:
nor did that "urban dictionary", so give it up..You are attempting to rewrite history. Period.
Did the meaning of "cutest" change?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in 1957. you are displaying how the gay appropriate everything over time....
BTW, the urban dictionary didn't say anything about homosexuality when defining the term.
Size 12

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Be sure to check this out.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50007300

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>There are Buddhist bastards too; sexual morality isn't limited to Christianity. Don't be so narrow minded.
Do you find it offensive that same sex couples where one partner has a child from another relationship, are trying to enhance their status to further their custody rights? Where polygamy is illegal, same sex marriage turns the child into a bastard; what more harm do you want?
Ever child raised by a same sex couple is raised without a mother or a father.
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"

And you make a circular non-argument, a mother is a a female parent, a father a male one. So, duh, a child raised by a same sex couple won't have on or of the other.
Number 9

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Haven't we all been around this one?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
"You're the cutest jailbird I ever did see"
You don't have to tell someone they are the cutest in order to ask them to dance.
So the lyrics suggest maybe they were gay. ha ha.

Do you have a point?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"
...bla bla bla...more dopey Rose_NoHo silliness...bla bla bla..
No one's screaming except for your incessant cackling.

Your lack of concern for children is very telling.

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " ~ Last Speech of Hubert H. Humphrey

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi
Winston Smith

Bethesda, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>There are Buddhist bastards too; sexual morality isn't limited to Christianity. Don't be so narrow minded.
Do you find it offensive that same sex couples where one partner has a child from another relationship, are trying to enhance their status to further their custody rights? Where polygamy is illegal, same sex marriage turns the child into a bastard; what more harm do you want?
Ever child raised by a same sex couple is raised without a mother or a father.
Same sex marriage turns a child into a bastard? That is quite a stretch there, Brian. A child is born a bastard by definition if his or her parents are not married. If they're married the child doesn't become a bastard because they split up and one finds another mate. Or, if the child is born to a surrogate or via AI, to a married couple it isn't a bastard. The term is quite archaic too and appears to be falling out of favor. Lots of heterosexual parents are choosing to not marry and have children. We don't act like social retards and call them bastards. I'd like to reserve the term for people who act like asswipes TBH.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
Now, if we can get you to stop driveling on, about your silly law, maybe we can turn you into a sentient, rational being, fit to speak with real people.
It's a definite sign of mental illness. Inventing "Laws" and naming them after yourself.

Especially sillyass laws which aren't laws at all like Rose_NoHo's "Law".

But everyone knows this. Except of course Rose_NoHo and her dopey minions.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Until recently, when it began to suffer attacks, reinterpretation, and revision...Then the country went all to hell....Now, our poor country is so screwed up, it is past help. It's on a slip chute to hell. With all the libertines enjoying the ride.
When was it better, and what made it better? Concentration camps?
There wasn't a single violent crime reported in NYC on Monday. I think that's pretty good news.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe that you are starting to catch on. Correct. A child raised by a same sex couple will be missing a vital component of a family.
No, they would not be.

Wiccan my black behind!
Response

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Do ya really think a response is needed?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and I never once said he was not impeached, you arent going to comprehend it.
Yes he was impeached by the house, and that impeachment failed in the senate a couple of months later.
Search all you like, you will not find a post were I said he was not impeached, he was, I know he was.
I also know what you donít know, that not a single penalty spelled out in the impeachment was carried out, because it failed at trial in the senate.
Not opinion, not conjecture, but fact
You certainly don't comprehend it, nor do you even have an even basic understanding of how this process works.

Impeachment only happens in ONE place in regards to the President- the HOUSE. No where else, that's it. The accused is either Impeached or they are Not. Once impeached it cannot fail, it is a done deal, you are forever more impeached.

Then we move to trial, where the Senate takes over. In the Senate you are either Convicted or Acquitted. It doesn't matter which the Senate chooses, you are still impeached.

Get a clue you moron.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Lynn Dee wrote:
<quoted text> For starters, people's civil rights should not be put to a majority vote.
Do you consider keeping your private property a "right"?

We seem to vote a lot on taking that with little issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••