Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,149

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#169404 Nov 29, 2012
Lynn Dee wrote:
<quoted text> For starters, people's civil rights should not be put to a majority vote.
Do you consider keeping your private property a "right"?

We seem to vote a lot on taking that with little issue.
jack rabbit swammi cowboy

Klamath Falls, OR

#169405 Nov 29, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>g
"You're the cutest jailbird I ever did see"
You don't have to tell someone they are the cutest in order to ask them to dance.
Jailhouse Rock was a mid fifties comedy movie when homosexuals were of little threat to society. But times have changed. Homosexual fake pride is on the offence and I refuse to be silent and see cartoons featuring a kid doing a "flying butt plyers on his dog and say nothing. Countering homosexual recruitment for as long as poo stinks and longer just in case rose peddles become a popular menu idem.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#169406 Nov 29, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would Daddy be ? The more "butch" of the 2 ?
And Mommy, likewise fashioned after the frailer of the 2 man-things ?
Either way, it's a sham...
You'r assuming there needs to be a "Daddy" and a "Mommy".
Your claiming to be a Wiccan is a sham.
A real Wiccan wouldn't talk about lesbians that way.
"Bide within the Law you must, in perfect Love and perfect Trust."
You hate gay people.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#169407 Nov 29, 2012
jack rabbit swammi cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Jailhouse Rock was a mid fifties comedy movie when homosexuals were of little threat to society. But times have changed. Homosexual fake pride is on the offence and I refuse to be silent and see cartoons featuring a kid

doing a "flying butt plyers on his dog and say nothing. Countering homosexual recruitment for as long as poo stinks and longer just in case rose peddles become a popular menu idem.
Rose's Law...
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"
Gays aren't a threat to society.

Klamath Falls, OR

#169408 Nov 29, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose's Law...
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"
Gays aren't a threat to society.
They go from SF conga lines more the better to sham marriage hoping for financial gain with everyone else stuck with the bill but it is not going to work because we can not afford it. Employers will drop everybodyís benefits even those of NoHOs with kids. Go ahead and scream first amendment and I will counter your recruitments louder when I see them aimed at the young people. So in your urban dictionary how does it define "flying butt pliersĒ as seen on 1994 Saturday cartoons?" Sounded homosexual to me. The kid watching the flying butt pliers also turned homosexual early dew to his ďtolerantĒ mother. I also got a law as demonstrated to jailhouse queers.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#169409 Nov 29, 2012
Does anyone know what time the Supreme Court will revile whether it will take up the DOMA and Prop 8 cases.

Klamath Falls, OR

#169410 Nov 29, 2012
Marriage is all about the children so why are the homosexuals trying to take benefits awaymnt from the children? That will be the effect of your sham marriages.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#169411 Nov 29, 2012
Marriage is all about the children so why are the homosexuals trying to take benefits awaymnt from the children? That will be the effect of your sham marriages.
We aren't taking away anything from anyone.
We just want equal rights under the law and adopt children and live together as a happy same-sex couple.

Since: Mar 07

United States

#169412 Nov 30, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would Daddy be ? The more "butch" of the 2 ?
And Mommy, likewise fashioned after the frailer of the 2 man-things ?
Either way, it's a sham...
You are very confused, aren't you?

If a same sex couple has kids, then the parents are both Moms or Dads, depending on gender. Geesh.

It's not that hard to understand.

And why must one parent be "frailer" than the other? Are there rules like that with heterosexual parents? Who decides?

Just because YOU don't have the ability to understand something, doesn't make it a "sham". It just means you have a lack of either understanding, or common sense.

And, really, since it doesn't affect you in any way, why worry about it? The gay couples and their kids, who are actually living their lives, aren't concerned.

If they aren't, you shouldn't be.

United States

#169413 Nov 30, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
...Fake.....a scam.........faux....
Only in your mind.

But, thankfully, you don't get to make decisions for other families and their children. Your opinion ceases to matter when you try to apply it to others.

United States

#169414 Nov 30, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
Either way, it's out of balance...
Loving parents, well loved children, and stable families are NEVER out of "balance".

Why would you think they could be?

Is just because you don't have the personal experience to understand?

It's always easier to simply say "I don't know", than it is to create confusion in your own mind, and then try to apply it to people you have never met.

United States

#169415 Nov 30, 2012
<quoted text>Jailhouse Rock was a mid fifties comedy movie when homosexuals were of little threat to society. But times have changed. Homosexual fake pride is on the offence and I refuse to be silent and see cartoons featuring a kid doing a "flying butt plyers on his dog and say nothing. Countering homosexual recruitment for as long as poo stinks and longer just in case rose peddles become a popular menu idem.
You blame the entire gay population for some cartoon that none of them have even seen?

What a demented idea.

United States

#169416 Nov 30, 2012
Your post doesn't make sense.

Do you believe that childless straight married couples are taking benefits away from the children of gay folks?

United States

#169417 Nov 30, 2012
<quoted text>They go from SF conga lines more the better to sham marriage hoping for financial gain with everyone else stuck with the bill but it is not going to work because we can not afford it..........
So you believe that ALL married couples are a drain on society? You certainly can't just mean that gay married taxpayers are a drain - that would be illogical.

Please explain this odd idea?

Don't most studies show that marriage provides stability to families, and that this stability is GOOD for society?
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#169418 Nov 30, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
We aren't taking away anything from anyone.
We just want equal rights under the law and adopt children and live together as a happy same-sex couple.
You are taking away our right to keep the Constitution to read the way it has governed us since it originated. Even though amendments have been made it's obvious that there has been no interest by anyone including "homosexuals" to change the moral aspects of it to include homosexuals and their abnormal lifestyle.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#169420 Nov 30, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that ALL married couples are a drain on society? You certainly can't just mean that gay married taxpayers are a drain - that would be illogical.
Please explain this odd idea?
Don't most studies show that marriage provides stability to families, and that this stability is GOOD for society?
Please explain how a homosexual marriages is "GOOD" for society !!
Gays are demanding the normal heterosexual society to accept homosexuals and their lifestyles married or not. Even if todays ruling swings to the favor of homosexuals, they will still be the odd man out and second class. It will just be another hurdle and obsticle to deal with in an abnormal society
Big D

Modesto, CA

#169421 Nov 30, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly don't comprehend it, nor do you even have an even basic understanding of how this process works.
Impeachment only happens in ONE place in regards to the President- the HOUSE. No where else, that's it. The accused is either Impeached or they are Not. Once impeached it cannot fail, it is a done deal, you are forever more impeached.
Then we move to trial, where the Senate takes over. In the Senate you are either Convicted or Acquitted. It doesn't matter which the Senate chooses, you are still impeached.
Get a clue you moron.
Im done with that, if you donít know, you donít, and I canít help you.

I wish it had been successful though, I personally think we would live in a better America today if it had.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#169422 Nov 30, 2012
Wonder if that dopey "Big D" is going to continue to make a fool out of himself today by posting dumb off topic stuff like:

"Clinton's impeachment was a success and it failed".

Too Funny!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169423 Nov 30, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Im done with that, if you donít know, you donít, and I canít help you.
I wish it had been successful though, I personally think we would live in a better America today if it had.
Here he is!

Clinton's impeachment was successful you big dope!

FUN!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169424 Nov 30, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how a homosexual marriages is "GOOD" for society !!
Gays are demanding the normal heterosexual society to accept homosexuals and their lifestyles married or not. Even if todays ruling swings to the favor of homosexuals, they will still be the odd man out and second class. It will just be another hurdle and obsticle to deal with in an abnormal society
Marriage is good for society because it provides stability.

The bottom line is there is no harm in allowing same sex marriage. The few valid arguments against it are weak and insignificant especially when you consider the small percentage of the population involved.

Besides all that stuff, weddings are fun! The more I get invited to the better.

Loosen up Bruno! Don't be a dope.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 min JOEL 70,555
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Wed ben goolsby 1,514
MEX-TEX-CA DRUGS to YOU! Nov 4 ILLEGALS - DRUGS ... 1
Some Mexicans leaving US, planning never to return (Dec '08) Nov 3 llt 15,728
Former Councilwoman Susan Goldbeck announces Ci... (Jun '08) Nov 1 nodole 8
Seaside Police: Family of child found wandering... Nov 1 Vanessa butler 1
Who do you support for Superintendent of Public... (Oct '10) Oct 30 concernedconserva... 48
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:57 pm PST