Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
148,381 - 148,400 of 200,552 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you moron, the Senate TRIES the impeached. One cannot be "TRIED" by the Senate without a successful impeachment by the House.
Like I said, your continued attempts to parse words and act witty are simply showing your ignorance.
and I never once said he was not impeached, you arent going to comprehend it.

Yes he was impeached by the house, and that impeachment failed in the senate a couple of months later.

Search all you like, you will not find a post were I said he was not impeached, he was, I know he was.

I also know what you donít know, that not a single penalty spelled out in the impeachment was carried out, because it failed at trial in the senate.

Not opinion, not conjecture, but fact

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and I never once said he was not impeached, you arent going to comprehend it.
Yes he was impeached by the house, and that impeachment failed in the senate a couple of months later.
Search all you like, you will not find a post were I said he was not impeached, he was, I know he was.
I also know what you donít know, that not a single penalty spelled out in the impeachment was carried out, because it failed at trial in the senate.
Not opinion, not conjecture, but fact
You mad bro?
Spuds

La Puente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Yoyows are in town tonight.
Spuds

La Puente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Spuds is still working on it.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

jack rabbit swammi cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the children is a very big problem because I have seen boys raised to be gay by their soso "tolernt" mothers.
1. You're lying.
2. Has nothing.
Unwanted in Montana dead or alive two gay pretend cowboys for the crime of funking up a pup tent.

Whatever.
Nasty people all of you. Poo stinks.
Then start flushing and wiping after you go #2
Nobody is born gay. Ask any Jailhouse queer and they will say all males have the ability to perform anal.
Most men into anal are straight.
No I have not.
Duh. That would involve having sex with another person.
I won the fight and always will for my own natural manhood and that of other men and boys young and old.
Why are there no queers protesting the homosexual rapes in prison? Is it because they want to spread their sickness?
Before queers came up with this marriage scamm they were having orgies. What changded but the notion they can profit from their scam marriages?
You have a lot of prison rape fantasies, don't you?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're entirely too stupid for your own good. Jailhouse Rock was not about gay sex at all. It was about musicians in jail getting together to play music. What the hell is wrong with you ? Doctors unable to figure it out ?
Really?
And I quote:
"Number 47 said to number 3
"You're the cutest jailbird I ever did see
I sure would be delighted with your company
Come on and do the Jailhouse Rock with me""

They were all men, right?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Ooops.

2. Has nothing to do with gay marriage.

Well, it's also true that "jack rabbit swammi cowboy" has nothing.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

LOL

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're entirely too stupid for your own good. Jailhouse Rock was not about gay sex at all. It was about musicians in jail getting together to play music. What the hell is wrong with you ? Doctors unable to figure it out ?
And let's not forget:
"Little Joe was blowin' on the slide trombone"

slide trombone:
The act of engaging in analingus while giving a hand job

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
jack rabbit swammi cowboy

Klamath Falls, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
That's entirely typical of you gays, trying to rewrite history, to make gay the only relevant thing. Stop being stupid right now.
Talk about history rewrite-- AS I recall the first time I heard the word gay used to mean homosexual was in Lawton OK 1961. The homosexuals were saying the term was derived from Gaelic which is a subgroup in Great Britain. Some say they are sort of like hillbillies away from the big cities. It was at the time 1961 when I first encountered anti-establishments cats. So picking on English which were dominate in wealth as Gaelic then Gay must have really tickeled the funny bones of ďGay CatsĒ who were even more anti-establishment than modern homosexuals. Same with lesbians the island of Lesbos does not need the rap either. Then Brokeback Mountain, They love spreading their sickness to others. The term Gay for homosexual is not fair to the real Gaelic people. The term lesbian is not fair to the women of Lesbos.

Klamath Falls, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
And let's not forget:
slide trombone:
So are you now admitting there is homosexual recruiting in media?
So how do you feel about stoping Jailhouse rape. You know many of those same jailhouse queers attack women on the outside.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
And let's not forget:
slide trombone:
Yet another "intelligent and insightful" post from Rose_NoHo.

Setting back gay rights since 2009! One dopey post at a time.

Priceless.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>So are you now admitting there is homosexual recruiting in media?
So how do you feel about stoping Jailhouse rape. You know many of those same jailhouse queers attack women on the outside.
<sarcasm>Yeah, Elvis was engaging in homosexual recruiting.</sarcasm>
You've heard the song, right? So, you're gay now?
You homophobes come up with the strangest stuff. Why are you so fixated on gay sex? Why not just be happy you have that much less competition for the opposite sex.
As I said, you ladies doth protest too much!
Lynn Dee

Redondo Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

WHY VOTE wrote:
Ok, I don't really care if same sex people get married or are together in any capacity. I am for equal rights BUT.......... I am very annoyed that peoples votes don't mean anything anymore. What happened to a majority vote rules? What happened to the peoples voice?
My stance on this has nothing to do with same sex couples. This is just the latest thing a court has overturned or blocked that THE PEOPLE voted for. Look at AZ., look back at prop. 187 which would have saved is billions in illegal immigrant funding. The people of the USA are trying to make changes to better our country and the few judges are effectively disenfranchising us.
Again this is not directed at same sex couples it is major frustration over the majority loosing there voice.
WHY VOTE????
For starters, people's civil rights should not be put to a majority vote. That's one of the main reasons for judicial review by our Courts, particularly with respect to the Constitutionality of laws passed by the legislature and initiatives approved of by voters.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

If the majority of people voted that black people do not count as people and white people should be allowed to own them as slaves, should this "majority vote" become law, because "the people have spoken"? Does that make it ok? Would over-ruling this be disenfranchising these esteemed voters? Think about it..

Klamath Falls, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

phobias are unfounded or irrational fears. The homosexual recruitment of our youth is real.jailhouse homosexuals will rape and should be feared by men and women alike.

Flying hinnie pliers as seen on kid cartoons is a real recruitment message.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

One more day till the Supreme Court reviles whether it will or won't hear the DOMA and Prop 8 cases!

Legalize federal marriage equality now!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are deliberately misreading the song. Taking the whole thing out of context. Who else were they gonna dance with ? As far as saying that, they were forgetting that they were in jail, and pretending to be back out on the street for a minute...
Rose_NoHo tells us that a 50's rock and roll song is about gay group sex. Then (s)he describes male on male anilingus and hand jobs and then accuses us of being fixated on anal sex!

Priceless!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

If anyone sees that "Clinton's impeachment was a success and it failed" jackass "Big D", stick a fork in him, I think he's done!

Too Funny!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

I hope they have as much success as they did with that in everything they do :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••