Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,419)

Showing posts 148,361 - 148,380 of200,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
of course he is, I never said he was not impeached, not once.
I did say ( and it is true ) that the impeachment failed in the senate, and it did.
OJ Simpson was charged too, the criminal case failed at trial
No moron, the Conviction failed, the impeachment was quite successful.

And the same would be true in the OJ case. The Indictment (Impeachment) was most certainly successful as it went to trial. During the trial they failed to CONVICT. Doesn't change the fact that OJ was, is, and ALWAYS WILL BE Indicted by a GRAND JURY..

You think you are being cute by parsing words, but all you are really doing is showing how limited your understanding is of the judicial process in this country.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
of course he is, I never said he was not impeached, not once.
I did say ( and it is true ) that the impeachment failed in the senate, and it did...

No it didn't.

Nana nana nana!

Big Fun!
Can you ear me

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Can you ear me? me now?
Winston Smith

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
To sum up for stubborn jackasses:
Clinton was impeached. The impeachment didn't fail. It went to the Senate where he was acquitted. One consequence of his impeachment was that he was disbarred by the Supreme Court.
As I've said countless times, I didn't support the whole politically motivated farce. So save the talk of hard-ons for your partner tough guy!
What a stubborn dope!
It also kept things busy for the gubbamint for a bit of time as well as kept the population's attention on the impeachment proceedings, thus keeping our minds off more important things, like them all acting like legislators. A big success in that light.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
No moron, the Conviction failed, the impeachment was quite successful.
ROFLMAO...

if you are beating your chest that the house can vote to make charges that have no possibility to ever stick, and call that a success, no wonder the GOP is on the decline.

I hope you have more success like that, oh thatís right you did, you have the same kind of success with John McCain, and Mitt Romney, you are just basking in success

LOL

Of course the constitution specifically states that the senate tries impeachments, and your successful impeachment didnít get enough votes to pass, and died there, what a tremendous success!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Tell you what lest bring this back to topic

I sincerely hope you have the same tremendous success with the supreme court, that you successfully make the case against same sex marriage and then donít get enough votes to actually make it law, and same sex marriage continues to expand every year, the same way Clinton continued to be president after that oh so successful impeachment which included his removal from office right in the doccument.

what a wonderful success for you!:)

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
I donít care who you ask, we already know what happened, it is history.
Iím not going to argue with the flat earth society, we already know better.
Who's "we"? You got a mouse in your pocket?

HAR!HAR!HAR!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

You cant learn, so I will just join you.

What a wonderful success that impeachment was, I hope every endeavor you ever have is as successful as that one was, achieving as many goals.:)

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
Tell you what lest bring this back to topic
I sincerely hope you have the same tremendous success with the supreme court, that you successfully make the case against same sex marriage and then donít get enough votes to actually make it law, and same sex marriage continues to expand every year, the same way Clinton continued to be president after that oh so successful impeachment which included his removal from office right in the doccument.
what a wonderful success for you!:)
Clinton didn't get removed from office you dolt! How many times do I have to tell you?

Don't know who you are posting to but if it's me, I didn't support Clinton's impeachment and I do support same sex marriage. So your assumptions and your cute little speech while amusing, are misdirected and idiotic.

The only trouble is, you're a dope!

Smirk.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
You cant learn, so I will just join you.
What a wonderful success that impeachment was, I hope every endeavor you ever have is as successful as that one was, achieving as many goals.:)
Of course it was a success. If it failed it wouldn't have gone to the Senate you moron.

You're so silly!

Hours of fun!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it was a success. If it failed it wouldn't have gone to the Senate you moron.
You're so silly!
Hours of fun!
Yes, just like Mitt Romney successfully ran for president of the United states.

People might say it wasnít a success, but he successfully RAN for the office :)
Soap

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Poland agrees.
Seems_Legit

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

I think rubber bands last longer when they are frozen... #murica
Folded

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Just fold it a couple of times and your in.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, just like Mitt Romney successfully ran for president of the United states.
People might say it wasnít a success, but he successfully RAN for the office :)
You seem to think "impeached" means removed from office. You simply do not understand the impeachment process and probably never will. One can only try and help a dope for so long, then have to give up. Good Luck!

What a dope!
Grahamed

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

If so, it wouldn't be because L. Graham is gay.
GrahamCrackers

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

l. Graham has never been married and, when questioned about his sexuality by Robert Draper of the New York Times.
jack rabbit swammi cowboy

Klamath Falls, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!".
<quoted text>
LOL.
So, gay people should work and pay taxes, but not get the same benefits? And, stupid, if they are going to get involved in a sham marriage to get benefits, they could marry someone of the opposite sex.
And still, not one rational argument against gay marriage.
What about the children is a very big problem because I have seen boys raised to be gay by their soso "tolernt" mothers.
Unwanted in Montana dead or alive two gay pretend cowboys for the crime of funking up a pup tent. Nasty people all of you. Poo stinks.
Nobody is born gay. Ask any Jailhouse queer and they will say all males have the ability to perform anal. No I have not. I won the fight and always will for my own natural manhood and that of other men and boys young and old.
Why are there no queers protesting the homosexual rapes in prison? Is it because they want to spread their sickness?
Before queers came up with this marriage scamm they were having orgies. What changded but the notion they can profit from their scam marriages?
jack rabbit swammi cowboy

Klamath Falls, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
I donít care who you ask, we already know what happened, it is history.
Iím not going to argue with the flat earth society, we already know better.
Now wait just a cotten picking minute on that flat earth crap! The first time i was called flat earth it was by the ceo of HP and all the while of her female fans were bragging about Carly's 23,000,000 dollar golden parachute?? I asked Why the parachute if we ain't going off the edge. That holds true today for the fat cats in congress also!! Lucky for you queers you are already gressed up but what about all us rednecks who actually do something useful for the flat earth.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>

Of course the constitution specifically states that the senate tries impeachments, and your successful impeachment didnít get enough votes to pass, and died there, what a tremendous success!
Yes you moron, the Senate TRIES the impeached. One cannot be "TRIED" by the Senate without a successful impeachment by the House.

Like I said, your continued attempts to parse words and act witty are simply showing your ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 148,361 - 148,380 of200,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monterey Discussions

Search the Monterey Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Frijoles 68,177
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 11 hr PMS will get yeah 7,821
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 15 hr all doned in 4,864
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sat The right is wrong 2,225
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 11 This topics peaked 15,911
Ask Dr. Gott: Shingles pain difficult to contro... (May '09) Jun 27 William 4
Marina man twice convicted in 2014Marina man tw... Jun 26 AZ AMIGA 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search