Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
148,281 - 148,300 of 200,593 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#169227 Nov 27, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
let it go kid, you arenít going to comprehend it
it is right there in the constitution.
Not once have I ever said Clinton was not impeached, he was by vote in the house, and then that impeachment failed in trial in the senate.
it is history
It's amazing how stupid you are and how smart you think you are, typical Liberal nut. Give it up dope, you have had it explained to you, read it slower.
Exhoss

La Puente, CA

#169228 Nov 27, 2012
The German government is about to reintroduce a ban on bestiality, after pressure from animal welfare groups.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#169229 Nov 27, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
let it go kid, you arenít going to comprehend it
it is right there in the constitution.
Not once have I ever said Clinton was not impeached, he was by vote in the house, and then that impeachment failed in trial in the senate.
it is history
Woops there's your "the impeachment failed" schtick back again! Can't give it up eh old man? What a dope!

TOO FUNNY!
jack rabbit swammi cowboy

Klamath Falls, OR

#169230 Nov 27, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
And they are not going to hand over the power to you to constrain their freedom. You donít want to marry same sex, then donít, but you donít have the right to tell others what they can do or not do.
This is going to be legal, everywhere in the US, it is only a matter of time. You can sit and stew in your own froth, or you can accept the American ideals of Freedom, Equality and Justice.
From a homosexual point of view you make valid points. But as an adult male I also have the right to offer rebuttal to your recruitment campaigns to the youngsters. I also think my point that the insurance for gay partners will break the bank or cause employers to drop insurance for all. I also think homosexuals donít really see past their chosen communityís interests.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#169231 Nov 27, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you are finally toning down your insistence that "Clinton's impeachment failed in the Senate". That's good, perhaps you have learned. You really should grow a tiny set of balls, be a man and admit you were wrong, but no matter, this is fun!
Let me know when you are done "wiping the floor" with me on this matter, OK jackass?
TOO FUNNY!
You donít need to lie, You cant point to a single post where I ever said he was not impeached, he was, and after being impeached by the house, that impeachment failed in the senate.

I havenít changed what I have been saying once.

lying will get you no where

I wiped the floor with you then and still am now dummy, because what I am saying is history, a fact, not an opinion.

you can read the constitution, or remain ignorant.

Personally I prefer you ignorant as it just makes it all more fun.:)

what I find particularly funny is how you seem to have an emotional stake in this.

Klamath Falls, OR

#169232 Nov 27, 2012
Exhoss wrote:
The German government is about to reintroduce a ban on bestiality, after pressure from animal welfare groups.
I bet that makes the gerbil suppliers in SF nervous. Probably practiced by the some homosexuals who think any victim weaker than the gang who rapes them were born homosexual. Silly Homosexuals.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169233 Nov 27, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You donít need to lie, You cant point to a single post where I ever said he was not impeached, he was, and after being impeached by the house, that impeachment failed in the senate.
I wiped the floor with you then and still am now dummy, because what I am saying is history, a fact, not an opinion.
what I find particularly funny is how you seem to have an emotional stake in this.
Danth's Law.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169234 Nov 27, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
All of your accusations of "lies", funny bluster and silly tough guy talk makes for lots of fun, but of course you are wrong. Clinton's impeachment didn't "fail in the Senate".

What a dope!

Funny Stuff!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#169235 Nov 27, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
All of your accusations of "lies", funny bluster and silly tough guy talk makes for lots of fun, but of course you are wrong. Clinton's impeachment didn't "fail in the Senate".
What a dope!
Funny Stuff!
We know it did, we have the date and the vote on the impeachment trial

it failed :)

You may be changing your position, but I have not changed mine

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169236 Nov 27, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
We know it did, we have the date and the vote on the impeachment trial
it failed :)
You may be changing your position, but I have not changed mine
The impeachment did not fail, the senate failed to convict. Maybe that's where your confusion lies. But who cares why you're a dope, it's funny that you are!

Nana nana nana!

FUN!
Winston Smith

Baltimore, MD

#169237 Nov 27, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You deserve them. That's why no one responds to you Winnie! Except your good buddy Mike DiRucci.
Who loves ya baby?
Uhh, Mike, it was AKPilot's post that got all the lemons & such. My point was that they weren't called for. But I knows ya loves me though. It shines through quite nicely in all your posts.

Klamath Falls, OR

#169238 Nov 27, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Danth's Law.
While big d is getting his talking points ready for reply to my #169230 post, Who is getting impeached?

Winston Smith

Baltimore, MD

#169239 Nov 27, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
The impeachment did not fail, the senate failed to convict. Maybe that's where your confusion lies. But who cares why you're a dope, it's funny that you are!
Nana nana nana!
FUN!
This discussion is STILL going on! Hilarious! Keep up the good work.

It's like this, Clinton was impeached. That isn't failure. If it failed, he wouldn't have been impeached and the Senate wouldn't have had the opportunity to let him off the hook.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169240 Nov 27, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhh, Mike, it was AKPilot's post that got all the lemons & such. My point was that they weren't called for. But I knows ya loves me though. It shines through quite nicely in all your posts.
;)

Klamath Falls, OR

#169241 Nov 27, 2012
I guess we are concerned with the Clinton trial? Is Obama next?

I wait for return to original sub.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169242 Nov 27, 2012
jack rabbit swammi cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>While big d is getting his talking points ready for reply to my #169230 post, Who is getting impeached?
Bill Clinton was impeached. But Big D says the impeachment "failed". He just can't accept it, the old liberal fool!

He's a big dope.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#169243 Nov 27, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Nana nana nana!
FUN!
Are you finally starting to learn... and when a case is brought to trial, it fails or succeeds there.

If we can get you the equivalent of a Jr High school education here it is remotely possible that you can learn yet.

And impeachment is like an charge, it is a charge, only less so because it is by vote alone, and that impeachment ( or charge ) is brought to trail, where it either succeeds or fails.( again less so as there also it is by vote alone )

we all know this was nothing but political from the get go, but you seem very emotionally tied to it. It really isnít all that complicated ya know.

And impeachment was brought to the senate who has the power to try impeachments, and it failed there, it didnít get the required 2/3 votes needed to succeed.

and not a single penalty spelled out in the articles of impeachment were carried out, it died there, as was known it would before all the time millions and millions of dollars were spent on it.

It died, a total failure, the removal from office ( which was spelled out in the articles of impeachment ) didnít happen. A total failure.

Now you and I may have a different definition of the word failure. But when that putty died in the senate, and not a single thing came of it because of its failure thereÖ that pretty much ended the entire affair

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169244 Nov 27, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
This discussion is STILL going on! Hilarious! Keep up the good work.
It's like this, Clinton was impeached. That isn't failure. If it failed, he wouldn't have been impeached and the Senate wouldn't have had the opportunity to let him off the hook.
Thank you. Having lots of fun with the old jackass again today. I got him wound up tighter than an eight day clock!

Fun!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169245 Nov 27, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you finally starting to learn... and when a case is brought to trial, it fails or succeeds there.
If we can get you the equivalent of a Jr High school education here it is remotely possible that you can learn yet.
And impeachment is like an charge, it is a charge, only less so because it is by vote alone, and that impeachment ( or charge ) is brought to trail, where it either succeeds or fails.( again less so as there also it is by vote alone )
we all know this was nothing but political from the get go, but you seem very emotionally tied to it. It really isnít all that complicated ya know.
And impeachment was brought to the senate who has the power to try impeachments, and it failed there, it didnít get the required 2/3 votes needed to succeed.
and not a single penalty spelled out in the articles of impeachment were carried out, it died there, as was known it would before all the time millions and millions of dollars were spent on it.
It died, a total failure, the removal from office ( which was spelled out in the articles of impeachment ) didnít happen. A total failure.
Now you and I may have a different definition of the word failure. But when that putty died in the senate, and not a single thing came of it because of its failure thereÖ that pretty much ended the entire affair
Yes, and he was still impeached. The impeachment did not fail.

Tell us again and try to use less than 1000 words, who of us is "emotionally tied" to this.

Big Fun!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#169246 Nov 27, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and he was still impeached. The impeachment did not fail.
Tell us again and try to use less than 1000 words, who of us is "emotionally tied" to this.
Big Fun!
I suppose it was too much to hope for that you could learn

Yes he was impeached by the house

that impeachment failed at trial in the senate :)

It died there, and no penalty from the impeachment were applied, a total waste of time money and effort.

Effect... zero ( other than to give you a hard on ) LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 min Frijoles 69,001
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 9 hr go away 5,007
clint the flint 13 hr ubietron 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 18 hr lazy posts 15,963
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Aug 28 JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Aug 28 Money 1
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search