Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,413)

Showing posts 148,241 - 148,260 of200,229
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know what I find funny about your post? It got three spams, three peanuts, and three dim bulbs. All for being a fairly accurate description of what is wrong with our political machine. Go figure.
The judge-it's are a perfect example of what I was saying in my post. You are either with them or you will be destroyed- critical thinking be damned.

---------
And there in lies the issue with our two party system.
The politicians have convinced the people that one party is for them and one is against- insert which ever party you like into either side, it doesn't matter.
The fact is, the DNC and the GOP both get what they like in back room deals, then they play off each other in the public eye acting as if they care about this that and the other. Think WWE- it's all staged, and it all results in us getting screwed.
Look at the debates, how many people where on the ticket in November- 4 or 5? Yet we only got the hear from TWO!! Why?!?! Because the public has been convinced that only 1 of 2 parties could possibly garner the votes to make a real run at it. To ensure that remains so, the two parties and the media do everything in their power to silence the opposition.
There isn't a dimes worth of difference between the two parties. They both spend like drunken sailors, they just argue about which bar to drink at. Neither is interested in taking their hands off your wallet. Neither really cares about gay rights one way or another, the DNC will toss out a bone in the form of lip service once in a while- take the ending of DADT for instance, sure they can join, but they can't get benefits.. Same thing goes for the GOP, they say they are for Business, but it was Obama and the DNC that gave out the free money??
The funny thing is, people usually argue over whether this is a Conservative (GOP) or Liberal (DNC) country, when the reality is, if it was truly explained to people on a very basic level we would find that a VAST majority of the country is Libertarian.
jack rabbit swammi cowboy

Klamath Falls, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Rose NoHo answer post69172 intelegently. Bet in your honnest applied mind I speak the real facts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what is your rational argument?\
It's hard to be rational with such an irrational person.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

jack rabbit swammi cowboy wrote:
Rose NoHo answer post69172 intelegently. Bet in your honnest applied mind I speak the real facts.
"intelegently" ??

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Clarabell wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey you grossly ignorant dufus! No one can turn somebody gay stupid,you either are gay or you're not! My GoD but you're about as ignorant as that grossly ignorant cracker Randy the dandy! DOMA will soon be ruled Unconstitutional and gays will rightfully begin to receive federal benefits as they should have all along!
Aw shuddup Bill you big dope!

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

WHAT language is it they speak in Oregon ?!

Klamath Falls, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Clarabell wrote:
<quHey you grossly ignorant dufus! No one can turn somebody gay stupid,you either are gay or you're not! My GoD but you're about as ignorant as that grossly ignorant cracker Randy the dandy! DOMA will soon be ruled Unconstitutional and gays will rightfully begin to receive federal benefits as they should have all along!
As to the federal court that is There is nothing "dufus" about protecting young people from your liesanyoneís guess. But as I said local governments and private employers will not pay for partner benefits. either. Some say we all have the ablity to be gay but I choose not. understand There is nothing "dufus" about protecting young people from your lies either. Some say we all have the ability to be gay but I choose not. I like the soft curvies and women in general for reasons you can't possibly understand.text>

Klamath Falls, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT language is it they speak in Oregon ?!
So you have no answer either.

Klamath Falls, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

that 169183 post was a double click error. Point is the tax payers will not for long pay for your sham partner bennifits. but I guess the uk dufus has not heard that we are broke. jail house queers claim they can turn anyone they can overpower. No I am not. I won the fight.

Klamath Falls, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

We tax payers will not pay for your choosen life choices. Quit pretending. Go back to your orgies.
karl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Ggffd
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

We tax payers will not pay for your choosen life choices. Quit pretending. Go back to your orgies.
And they are not going to hand over the power to you to constrain their freedom. You donít want to marry same sex, then donít, but you donít have the right to tell others what they can do or not do.

This is going to be legal, everywhere in the US, it is only a matter of time. You can sit and stew in your own froth, or you can accept the American ideals of Freedom, Equality and Justice.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
And they are not going to hand over the power to you to constrain their freedom. You donít want to marry same sex, then donít, but you donít have the right to tell others what they can do or not do.
This is going to be legal, everywhere in the US, it is only a matter of time. You can sit and stew in your own froth, or you can accept the American ideals of Freedom, Equality and Justice.
Bill Clinton was impeached on December 19, 1998.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton was impeached on December 19, 1998.
already wiped the floor with you on that one :)

Yes he was, and then it failed in the senate

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the first thing that you've that is correct. We don't all speak Japanese.
Homosexuality is a behavior. Behavior based upon orientation. Orientation that most of us find objectionable. Any child that has never been taught anything, at all, about homosexuality will recoil from such advances, except the small minority that are "oriented" that way...It is why you gays spend so much time seeking the protection of legislation. If most of us didn't care, you wouldn't need protection, and you would have gained your protection long ago. Up until now, we had decency and morals running the country. Now, we seem to be about interpreting the constitution to allow anything at all. Even immoral behavior. The Founding Fathers never intended this issue to arise, but if they had foresaw it, they would have included specific amendments against it. You know it, I know it, we ALL know it. You are trying to exploit loopholes. And, unfortunately, you have many sympathizers, in key places, to railroad it over the majority of us that still care about right being right, and wrong being wrong. You cannot blur the line and expect us to accept it.
christianity:

a moral failure

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't know sh!t, it usually condemns the bible and "fundies", so it is being a hypocrite...
the bible is mythology
fundies condemn themselves

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
Battle creed of the promoters of same sex marriage: We don't care if it is wrong, we want it, anyway....
you are allowed to have your book of hate

glasshouses you know

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
already wiped the floor with you on that one :)
Yes he was, and then it failed in the senate
Danth's Law!

Let me try and make this simple for you:

"The House of Representatives shall choose their speaker and other officers; and shall have the sole power of impeachment."- Article I Sec 2 US Constitution

What part of SOLE POWER OF IMPEACHMENT do you not understand?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish that you were smart. I'm sorry that you're not...
you must have been alone in the room when you said that.

to find someone more stupid then yourself, you would need look in a church

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 148,241 - 148,260 of200,229
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••