Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,171

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
CircleK

Covina, CA

#168978 Nov 24, 2012
Who let the fire go out, now we wil have to start all over.

Since: May 12

United States

#168980 Nov 24, 2012
Zen Master Ein wrote:
<quoted text>You know, our pet gays are upset. The gay therapist told them that the world was ready to be deceived by their gay lies and they can't figure out how we know the truth.
The truth is this, gay history is gay pedophile history, and that is the secret, the people they call gay are mostly all gay pedophiles: Harry Hay, Walt Whitman, Oscar Wilde, Harvey Milks, Hitler, Jeffrey Dahmer, etc.
hey just curious... does it hurt to be as dumb as you

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#168982 Nov 24, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
And what of the Black slave holders Rose??
What of them akpilot??
akpilot wrote:
BTW Rose, you need to look up the Definition of Slave- it doesn't say anything about:
- Rape
- the taking of children
- kidnapping
- being forced to work
Um...
Are you denying those things happened to slaves??

Los Angeles, CA

#168983 Nov 24, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are telling me to get out of the last century?
You need serious help Rose.
And the "guilt" thing doesn't work on me Rose, I never owned a slave.
LOL, stupid, wow, you pulled that "guilt" thing out of your backside. I never even hinted you owned a slave. Maybe you rented one from some online service, but that's a different matter...

Los Angeles, CA

#168984 Nov 24, 2012
Ronald wrote:
By now, it is common knowledge that I love my Homosexual friends, the lesbians, my canine Honey, and yes, even the Africans.
Why are you fundies such racists?
(Didn't bother to read the rest of your post.)
Do you all have tiny members, and figure black men have big ones?

Los Angeles, CA

#168985 Nov 24, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut up, stupid. Don't argue with real people.
I wasn't, I was arguing with you.
But thanks for taking that really ugly pic down! Damn, that was horrible.

Los Angeles, CA

#168986 Nov 24, 2012
QueerQuill wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't believe in freedom of religion then? The only real reason people oppose same sex marriage is because their god says its wrong, well guess what, your god isn't my god, why the hell should I have to play by its rules? No one is forcing your churches to marry gays, and their marriages do not effect yours in the least. You seem to have this ideal vision of how this society should be morally, completely igoring the fact that as long as what we do is legal, consensual and doesn't hurt anybody we should be free to do it whether YOU think it's moral or not, that's what freedom is. You're all ignorant, egotistical, selfish, controlling bastards. Get a life and leave ours alone.
Yes, there is no rational argument against gay marriage. You can read the thousands and thousands of posts in this forum and see that.
Why can't the fundies follow their own bible and tend to their own knitting?

"But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters." 1 Peter 4:15

Los Angeles, CA

#168987 Nov 24, 2012
Annieb wrote:
I am frustrated that the people of California voted on this issue and then a judge has the audacity to think he or she can over turn our vote? Why put it on the ballot? There are a lot of things that have passed that I'm not in favor but I remember that it was put to a vote. We the people need to take a stand and let our government know that our vote does count otherwise we are not a Democracy! Why Vote????!!!!!! 100 wrong! This judge needs to stop having dinner with people who think they are in charge of our state & remember who they work for.
Hey, stupid, that's his job. We have a Constitution that promises equal protection under the law, even when that's not popular with simpletons like you. And, idiot, it's not a democracy! It's a constitutional republic. And it would be best if idiots like you didn't vote.

Los Angeles, CA

#168988 Nov 24, 2012
QueerQuill wrote:
<quoted text>
It's normal. Check out the animal kingdom. Humans are mere animals after all.
I've stopped replying to "NoIQ", he never has a point, he just spews.

Los Angeles, CA

#168989 Nov 24, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so silly, it isn't natural, or else we'd all be gay,
You are as dumb as you are ugly! Using your "logic" having green eyes isn't natural, because if they were, we'd all have green eyes.
R Hudson wrote:
and there'd be no conflict. It is an aberration to be gay, and animals do not reproduce through gay behavior.
And?
R Hudson wrote:
Why do think that you can say he is gay ? He hasn't said that he is, so you are displaying your 9th grade mentality by trying that on...Also, I am sure that he has less "internal conflicts and self doubt" than you do...he says it like it is, and you aren't going to make anyone think that he is something that he isn't...You appear to be unable to read, as he is not against same sex marriage, did you realize that ? I doubt it. Why don't you examine your own self for flaws, instead of mistakenly thinking that you have the right picture about.....well, anything ? Stupid dunce. Learn how to read, and you might spend less time putting your foot in your mouth (amongst other things that don't belong there)...Schmuck.
Wiccan my a$$.

Los Angeles, CA

#168990 Nov 24, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Keep marriage male/female because gender roles are important.
Why?
Ooops, you don't have an answer, you just parrot right wing talk show hosts.

Los Angeles, CA

#168991 Nov 24, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>There is no gender equality right in the US Constitution.
The ERA failed, now you know why.
Yes, there is, 14th Amendment. Says all US citizens should get equal protection under the law. Doesn't say "except for women."
The ERA would have been redundant.

Los Angeles, CA

#168992 Nov 25, 2012
Zen Master Ein wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry,bud, but in your gay world, you think that we care and you think that your insults will not be returned.
So, getting back at people is more important to you than the "word of god".

"And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also." Luke 6:29
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#168993 Nov 25, 2012
Zen Master Ein wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, your court, your best defense against evidence is evidence, but you gays have none and never have had any.
OH but we do.... that's why we win in Court and you LOSE.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#168994 Nov 25, 2012
jack rabbit swammi cowboy wrote:
<quoted text> gay just does not pass the smell test.
Wow! I bet that response really taxed your intellect.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#168996 Nov 25, 2012
Any child raised by a same sex couple is raised without a mother or a father. It's a shame homosexuals who don't want to marry the mother or father of their child, who make their kids into bastards.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#168997 Nov 25, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Yes, there is, 14th Amendment. Says all US citizens should get equal protection under the law. Doesn't say "except for women." The ERA would have been redundant.
Section Two of the 14th Amendment explicitly recognizes male and female as unequal.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#168998 Nov 25, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, getting back at people is more important to you than the "word of god".
"And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also." Luke 6:29
Why do you fundies think we care about your dopey bible verses? They sound funny and use strange words. Please keep them to yourself.

P.S. Who's "Luke 6:29" anyway?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#168999 Nov 25, 2012
It seems Rose_NoHo has gotten his/her medication adjusted.(S)he's slightly less dopey but a lot more loquacious. Still extremely angry though.

And lately (s)he's been spouting bible verses like some quacked out fundie!

Funny stuff!
Pessimistic

Covina, CA

#169000 Nov 25, 2012
Just work around the problemn and move on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 17 min J RULES 71,042
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 12 Alex Montgomery 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info