Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#168913 Nov 23, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Something wrong with being gay? Tell us about it Fruitloops!
What a jackass.
Being Gay is natural. Living in denial and making childish quips like you do is not a good way of dealing with your homosexuality. Do you realize that your insults are more reflective of your own internal conflicts and self doubt than they are taken earnestly by anyone receiving them?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#168918 Nov 23, 2012
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Being Gay is natural. Living in denial and making childish quips like you do is not a good way of dealing with your homosexuality. Do you realize that your insults are more reflective of your own internal conflicts and self doubt than they are taken earnestly by anyone receiving them?
Yeah, yeah. Relax Dr. Phil.

Do you realize that you are a jackass?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#168919 Nov 23, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder....did your parents have any children that were free from brain damage ? Or is there something in the water, where you exist ?
He's the dope who says Rose_NoHo's stupid posts are "intelligent and insightful".

Too Funny!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#168920 Nov 23, 2012
Keep marriage male/female because gender roles are important.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#168922 Nov 24, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Lets go for equality and freedom....LETS MAKE SAME SEX MARRIAGE EQUAL.....YOU KNOW LIKE THE CONSTITUTION SAYS.

Since: Mar 07

United States

#168923 Nov 24, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
How will gay folks marrying change straight folk's "Gender Roles"? Do you think they will suddenly change genders if gay folks marry?

Seems a little illogical to me,but I guess you know more about straight people than I do.

And can you please define what static gender roles plays out within the marriages of all straight married couples? Which defined roles MUST a woman live under, and which are strictly male?

Thanks.

United States

#168924 Nov 24, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so silly, it isn't natural, or else we'd all be gay, and there'd be no conflict. It is an aberration to be gay, and animals do not reproduce through gay behavior.......
Of course being gay is natural - it occurs in nature. It is no aberration.

It is simply not the norm, in the same way that red hair or being left handed are not the norm.

I wonder why you are so worried about other people and their families? Such an obsession with gay people is indeed an aberration. What caused this issue for you?

United States

#168925 Nov 24, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
And, just to be silly for a moment, if Hostess Cupcakes had been downsized 8%, and the price remained fixed, I'd still have bought the little darlins', they were good, and I'm gonna miss them ..
:D
I agree with very little you say, but yes, you are so right on this one.

Grew up with them and STILL love the occasional Hostess snack. They were my Dad's fav growing up. Nasty little waxy chocolate covered and "cream" filled wonders.

I'll miss them, too.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#168926 Nov 24, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof of what ? WTF are you trying to say ???
Gee.... maybe I meant you have no proof of the things you wrote in the post I responded to. This post:

"You are an idiot, "Freedom" still has its limitations. Sure you are free to go out and kill someone but its not the moral thing to do and there are consequences to pay. If your gay cult was to have its way, tou will demand to teach your lifestyles in public schools, it has already been brought up, you will demand special medical treatment by insurance companies that will cause rates to go up. The gay cult WILL AFFECT the mnormal hetero society."

You have no proof.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#168927 Nov 24, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad fact is, that I sometimes don't know that a delivery site will be a union site, or not, and it is a bad thing to find out at the last minute...Most of the places that I go to aren't union, and I sometimes deliver to union sites that don't ask for a union card, such as Chrysler...It is hit and miss, and I prefer to hedge my bets, but I am considering resignation from the union, anyway...Not like I depend on them for anything, and with so few instances of compliance checking, anyway, it seems a foolish thing to remain in it, at all. The union hasn't done a whole lot, as far as I can tell, except to lock some drivers out, and call inconvenient strikes...So that everyone who depends on truck deliveries gets to suffer, because a few malcontents can't make a few concessions, witness Hostess, whose employees weren't allowed to opt for an 8% pay cut, to guarantee continued employment...92% of a Twinkie is better than none, as someone said...
Do NOT blame the Hostess failure on the union workers. The company failed because its managers didn't know what the fuck they were doing.

Hostess management's efforts to blame union intransigence for the company's collapse persisted right through to the Thanksgiving eve press release announcing Hostess' liquidation, when it cited a nationwide strike by bakery workers that "crippled its operations."

That overlooks the years of union givebacks and management bad faith. Example: Just before declaring bankruptcy for the second time in eight years Jan. 11, Hostess trebled the compensation of then-Chief Executive Brian Driscoll and raised other executives' pay up to twofold. At the same time, the company was demanding lower wages from workers and stiffing employee pension funds of $8 million a month in payment obligations.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hiltzik...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#168928 Nov 24, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Do NOT blame the Hostess failure on the union workers. The company failed because its managers didn't know what the fuck they were doing.
Hostess management's efforts to blame union intransigence for the company's collapse persisted right through to the Thanksgiving eve press release announcing Hostess' liquidation, when it cited a nationwide strike by bakery workers that "crippled its operations."
That overlooks the years of union givebacks and management bad faith. Example: Just before declaring bankruptcy for the second time in eight years Jan. 11, Hostess trebled the compensation of then-Chief Executive Brian Driscoll and raised other executives' pay up to twofold. At the same time, the company was demanding lower wages from workers and stiffing employee pension funds of $8 million a month in payment obligations.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hiltzik...
Hostess failed because of weak management, SHORT SIGHTED LABOR UNIONS, poor judgement by investors and failure to innovate.

Of course Mona Lott blames only management. Because he's a commie dope!
PowderDonuts

Covina, CA

#168929 Nov 24, 2012
All the while management gets a "big fat raise" severance packages and retirements etc. Yep it looks like Willard Mitt Romney and Bain Capital did thier job, protect managment at all costs.

Hostess failed because of pizz poor, weak management, poor judgement by investors and failure to innovate and market it's products.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#168930 Nov 24, 2012
PowderDonuts wrote:
All the while management gets a "big fat raise" severance packages and retirements etc. Yep it looks like Willard Mitt Romney and Bain Capital did thier job, protect managment at all costs.
Hostess failed because of pizz poor, weak management, poor judgement by investors and failure to innovate and market it's products.
And short sighted labor unions.

Now SCRAM troll!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#168931 Nov 24, 2012
PowderDonuts wrote:
Another idiot joining "Mona Lott" in blaming Romney for the Hostess failure.

Priceless!
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#168932 Nov 24, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad fact is, that I sometimes don't know that a delivery site will be a union site, or not, and it is a bad thing to find out at the last minute...Most of the places that I go to aren't union, and I sometimes deliver to union sites that don't ask for a union card, such as Chrysler...It is hit and miss, and I prefer to hedge my bets, but I am considering resignation from the union, anyway...Not like I depend on them for anything, and with so few instances of compliance checking, anyway, it seems a foolish thing to remain in it, at all. The union hasn't done a whole lot, as far as I can tell, except to lock some drivers out, and call inconvenient strikes...So that everyone who depends on truck deliveries gets to suffer, because a few malcontents can't make a few concessions, witness Hostess, whose employees weren't allowed to opt for an 8% pay cut, to guarantee continued employment...92% of a Twinkie is better than none, as someone said...
You don't need to know if your delivery site is union or not. If you deliver there it is within the unions jurisdiction. The reason you are a member of the union is because you earn more, have better benefits better working conditions and have barganning power. Independent drivers don't stand a chance against the employer and you know this, it's an uneven playing field and that is the reason you are a member, so don't bite the hand that feeds you. Non union member know this and that is why they are against unions they are "Green Eyed Monsters"
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#168933 Nov 24, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Hostess failed because of weak management, SHORT SIGHTED LABOR UNIONS, poor judgement by investors and failure to innovate.
Short sighted labor unions?????????

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#168934 Nov 24, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need to know if your delivery site is union or not. If you deliver there it is within the unions jurisdiction. The reason you are a member of the union is because you earn more, have better benefits better working conditions and have barganning power. Independent drivers don't stand a chance against the employer and you know this, it's an uneven playing field and that is the reason you are a member, so don't bite the hand that feeds you. Non union member know this and that is why they are against unions they are "Green Eyed Monsters"
Aw shuddup commie boy!

What a jackass!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#168935 Nov 24, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Short sighted labor unions?????????
What, did I stutter Fruitloops?
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#168936 Nov 24, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not hard to tell you are either a business owner that takes advantage of cheap labor employees, or is a thight ass management/CEO type, or even one of the down trotted employees that is being taken advantage of and afraid to say anything in fear of losing his low paying job.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#168937 Nov 24, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you keep saying that, but I heard it, the first time...You were going to teach us why the unions are vital ? Or, rather, you were going to waste your time trying ?
The only way you will learn is to go back being independent, but you won't and for a very good reason, you are getting what you want. Don't fight it be thankful you moron

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr J RULES 71,255
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Tue Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web