Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201891 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#168926 Nov 24, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof of what ? WTF are you trying to say ???
Gee.... maybe I meant you have no proof of the things you wrote in the post I responded to. This post:

"You are an idiot, "Freedom" still has its limitations. Sure you are free to go out and kill someone but its not the moral thing to do and there are consequences to pay. If your gay cult was to have its way, tou will demand to teach your lifestyles in public schools, it has already been brought up, you will demand special medical treatment by insurance companies that will cause rates to go up. The gay cult WILL AFFECT the mnormal hetero society."

You have no proof.
Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#168927 Nov 24, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad fact is, that I sometimes don't know that a delivery site will be a union site, or not, and it is a bad thing to find out at the last minute...Most of the places that I go to aren't union, and I sometimes deliver to union sites that don't ask for a union card, such as Chrysler...It is hit and miss, and I prefer to hedge my bets, but I am considering resignation from the union, anyway...Not like I depend on them for anything, and with so few instances of compliance checking, anyway, it seems a foolish thing to remain in it, at all. The union hasn't done a whole lot, as far as I can tell, except to lock some drivers out, and call inconvenient strikes...So that everyone who depends on truck deliveries gets to suffer, because a few malcontents can't make a few concessions, witness Hostess, whose employees weren't allowed to opt for an 8% pay cut, to guarantee continued employment...92% of a Twinkie is better than none, as someone said...
Do NOT blame the Hostess failure on the union workers. The company failed because its managers didn't know what the fuck they were doing.

Hostess management's efforts to blame union intransigence for the company's collapse persisted right through to the Thanksgiving eve press release announcing Hostess' liquidation, when it cited a nationwide strike by bakery workers that "crippled its operations."

That overlooks the years of union givebacks and management bad faith. Example: Just before declaring bankruptcy for the second time in eight years Jan. 11, Hostess trebled the compensation of then-Chief Executive Brian Driscoll and raised other executives' pay up to twofold. At the same time, the company was demanding lower wages from workers and stiffing employee pension funds of $8 million a month in payment obligations.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hiltzik...

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#168928 Nov 24, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Do NOT blame the Hostess failure on the union workers. The company failed because its managers didn't know what the fuck they were doing.
Hostess management's efforts to blame union intransigence for the company's collapse persisted right through to the Thanksgiving eve press release announcing Hostess' liquidation, when it cited a nationwide strike by bakery workers that "crippled its operations."
That overlooks the years of union givebacks and management bad faith. Example: Just before declaring bankruptcy for the second time in eight years Jan. 11, Hostess trebled the compensation of then-Chief Executive Brian Driscoll and raised other executives' pay up to twofold. At the same time, the company was demanding lower wages from workers and stiffing employee pension funds of $8 million a month in payment obligations.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hiltzik...
Hostess failed because of weak management, SHORT SIGHTED LABOR UNIONS, poor judgement by investors and failure to innovate.

Of course Mona Lott blames only management. Because he's a commie dope!
PowderDonuts

Covina, CA

#168929 Nov 24, 2012
All the while management gets a "big fat raise" severance packages and retirements etc. Yep it looks like Willard Mitt Romney and Bain Capital did thier job, protect managment at all costs.

Hostess failed because of pizz poor, weak management, poor judgement by investors and failure to innovate and market it's products.

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#168930 Nov 24, 2012
PowderDonuts wrote:
All the while management gets a "big fat raise" severance packages and retirements etc. Yep it looks like Willard Mitt Romney and Bain Capital did thier job, protect managment at all costs.
Hostess failed because of pizz poor, weak management, poor judgement by investors and failure to innovate and market it's products.
And short sighted labor unions.

Now SCRAM troll!

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#168931 Nov 24, 2012
PowderDonuts wrote:
All the while management gets a "big fat raise" severance packages and retirements etc. Yep it looks like Willard Mitt Romney and Bain Capital did thier job, protect managment at all costs.
Hostess failed because of pizz poor, weak management, poor judgement by investors and failure to innovate and market it's products.
Another idiot joining "Mona Lott" in blaming Romney for the Hostess failure.

Priceless!
Bruno

Redondo Beach, CA

#168932 Nov 24, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad fact is, that I sometimes don't know that a delivery site will be a union site, or not, and it is a bad thing to find out at the last minute...Most of the places that I go to aren't union, and I sometimes deliver to union sites that don't ask for a union card, such as Chrysler...It is hit and miss, and I prefer to hedge my bets, but I am considering resignation from the union, anyway...Not like I depend on them for anything, and with so few instances of compliance checking, anyway, it seems a foolish thing to remain in it, at all. The union hasn't done a whole lot, as far as I can tell, except to lock some drivers out, and call inconvenient strikes...So that everyone who depends on truck deliveries gets to suffer, because a few malcontents can't make a few concessions, witness Hostess, whose employees weren't allowed to opt for an 8% pay cut, to guarantee continued employment...92% of a Twinkie is better than none, as someone said...
You don't need to know if your delivery site is union or not. If you deliver there it is within the unions jurisdiction. The reason you are a member of the union is because you earn more, have better benefits better working conditions and have barganning power. Independent drivers don't stand a chance against the employer and you know this, it's an uneven playing field and that is the reason you are a member, so don't bite the hand that feeds you. Non union member know this and that is why they are against unions they are "Green Eyed Monsters"
Bruno

Redondo Beach, CA

#168933 Nov 24, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Hostess failed because of weak management, SHORT SIGHTED LABOR UNIONS, poor judgement by investors and failure to innovate.
Of course Mona Lott blames only management. Because he's a commie dope!
Short sighted labor unions?????????

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#168934 Nov 24, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need to know if your delivery site is union or not. If you deliver there it is within the unions jurisdiction. The reason you are a member of the union is because you earn more, have better benefits better working conditions and have barganning power. Independent drivers don't stand a chance against the employer and you know this, it's an uneven playing field and that is the reason you are a member, so don't bite the hand that feeds you. Non union member know this and that is why they are against unions they are "Green Eyed Monsters"
Aw shuddup commie boy!

What a jackass!

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#168935 Nov 24, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Short sighted labor unions?????????
What, did I stutter Fruitloops?
Bruno

Redondo Beach, CA

#168936 Nov 24, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Hostess failed because of weak management, SHORT SIGHTED LABOR UNIONS, poor judgement by investors and failure to innovate.
Of course Mona Lott blames only management. Because he's a commie dope!
It's not hard to tell you are either a business owner that takes advantage of cheap labor employees, or is a thight ass management/CEO type, or even one of the down trotted employees that is being taken advantage of and afraid to say anything in fear of losing his low paying job.
Bruno

Redondo Beach, CA

#168937 Nov 24, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you keep saying that, but I heard it, the first time...You were going to teach us why the unions are vital ? Or, rather, you were going to waste your time trying ?
The only way you will learn is to go back being independent, but you won't and for a very good reason, you are getting what you want. Don't fight it be thankful you moron
Bruno

Redondo Beach, CA

#168938 Nov 24, 2012
Some idiots like Hudson just don't get it and never will . . . I'm done with you
interesting

Wylie, TX

#168939 Nov 24, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't teach kids anything of the sort. And I don't have access to all the kids in the world. They are going to make up their own minds about what they laugh at, it's called "free will". And people don't laugh at me, I am taken seriously in the world.
In your little world perhaps, you're taken seriously.
If you treat people in real life like you do here, especially in front of your kids, that's exactly what they learn from you - how NOT to treat people that are different from you. If you fail to see that then you fail to recognize the amount of influende parents have on their kids, particularly when they're really young.

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#168940 Nov 24, 2012
Bruno wrote:
Some idiots like Hudson just don't get it and never will ... I'm done with you
No you're not.

Funny!

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#168941 Nov 24, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not hard to tell you are either a business owner that takes advantage of cheap labor employees, or is a thight ass management/CEO type, or even one of the down trotted employees that is being taken advantage of and afraid to say anything in fear of losing his low paying job.
It's not hard to tell you are a jackass!

And a dope.

Too Funny!

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#168942 Nov 24, 2012
interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
In your little world perhaps, you're taken seriously.
If you treat people in real life like you do here, especially in front of your kids, that's exactly what they learn from you - how NOT to treat people that are different from you. If you fail to see that then you fail to recognize the amount of influende parents have on their kids, particularly when they're really young.
Waldo

Covina, CA

#168943 Nov 24, 2012
Fracking is dangeous
Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#168946 Nov 24, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Another idiot joining "Mona Lott" in blaming Romney for the Hostess failure.
Priceless!
I'd ask ya to stop playing dumb, but I'm sure you're not playing.
ColdCash

Covina, CA

#168948 Nov 24, 2012
If the City of Glendora, California looses this lawsuit, we as the taxpayers will have to pay a pretty penny and a lot of our cold hard cash to undo what the recommendations of D.Wayne Lech and his fathers law firm has created.

This does not even take into account or mention our incompetent City Manager, Chris Jeffers.

That is a story in and among itself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Discount Tickets - Monterey Bay Aquarium Feb 20 howefortunate 1
News Trump's North Korea red line could come back to... Feb 14 Mikey 11
lovers point inn of pacific grove dangeroud Jan 30 STB 1
Lovers Point Inn DO NOT STAY Here Jan 29 Richard 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) Jan '17 Dez1981 90
Review: David B Tolkan & Assoc - David B Tolkan... (Feb '09) Jan '17 Glades lake 31
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Dec '16 Smh 1,551

Monterey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages