Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
147,881 - 147,900 of 200,365 Comments Last updated Yesterday

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you lie and claim to be Wiccan?
Why do you lie and claim your farts are smart?

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
We will stop thinking about it, as soon as you poofs stop pushing it on us...
Don't expect us to allow your perversion to become the norm without objecting. You brought it up, not us...idiot.
Rock, the only thing Iíd push is you away from me (shiver). And, you have no authority to ďallowĒ me to do or not do anything. How does it feel to be an impotent mouth-piece?

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I've noticed that, too. Seems homophobes think about gay sex more than gay people do.
Tell me about it. Iíve even learned a few sexual things from these so called non-gays. They surely do thoroughly research gay sex. Iím sure itís strictly to undercover all kinds of perverse behavior (wink wink).

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Almost 150,000 posts.

These Topix pages flipping up is really annoying.

Anyone else experiencing this bug?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, then, here's the truth. Gay people exist. Yessiree. I don't argue that, for a second. Gay people get together. Yessiree again. I don't argue that, either. They seek to legitimize their relationships through legislation. I oppose that. You call my belief prejudice. Cool. I call your beliefs twisted and aberrant. There we have it. Truth.
Rationalize it all you want. Gay marriage is here to stay. Ignore reality at your own peril.

Funny that all the professional medical organizations side with me, ain't it, but I'm sure you think you know better than they do. If that makes you happy, go for it, but don't think it is "truth." Truth is based on verifiable facts. You only have opinion.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Rationalize it all you want. Gay marriage is here to stay. Ignore reality at your own peril.
Funny that all the professional medical organizations side with me, ain't it, but I'm sure you think you know better than they do. If that makes you happy, go for it, but don't think it is "truth." Truth is based on verifiable facts. You only have opinion.
They are still living in the past.

Gay marriage is here to stay, once again the ideals of our nation, are moving forward, Justice, equality, and freedom.
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

The Gorillas in this thread need to sit back and have a few bananas and learn something today

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay marriage is here to stay, once again the ideals of our nation, are moving forward, Justice, equality, and freedom.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
FineDay

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Thi shsn't been addressed at all now has it?

Lets start a Q & A over this topic, no one has ever spoke about it at all?
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because the gay cult forces the issue and threatens the government with friblous law suits. You can't force us to accept you. The Feds and the normal citizens will never accept your lifestyles. Your gay cult will continue to be the talk of the town.
BainOs

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Have teh BainOs come out again?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because the gay cult forces the issue and threatens the government with friblous law suits. You can't force us to accept you. The Feds and the normal citizens will never accept your lifestyles. Your gay cult will continue to be the talk of the town.
And bigoted idiots like you will continue to be fodder for ridicule.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít happen to be gay, none of my children happen to be Gay. I am just an American that actually believes in freedom, equality and justice.

Gay people could not have passed the bills that passed in this last election alone, a lot of actual patriotic American heterosexuals voted right along with them.
NoQ

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>And bigoted idiots like you will continue to be fodder for ridicule.
Queers are as much a bigot as anyone. Fa$$ot
Winston Smith

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a matter of time also before the SCOTUS just makes it legal.
I'm thinking that it will take a fair number of states to pass legislation in favor to accomplish this. If I'm correct, doesn't this make AKpilot's POV make sense? Maybe, sorta?
Winston Smith

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
"Big D" lives in Modesto. A dusty little sh!thole in the San Joaquin Valley. Worst air quality in the country. Meth labs. Gangs. Bikers. Poverty. The smog is probably effecting his brain making him a real dope and a world class JACKASS!
"Big D" = Big Dope!
HEY! Don't dis bikers. Many are war veterans and many do a great deal of good work in spite of the reputation.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

This is getting funny, you folks do realize that a majority of people that voted to accept Gay marriage were not gay themselves... donít you?
Cavote

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Never been near one.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
This is getting funny, you folks do realize that a majority of people that voted to accept Gay marriage were not gay themselves... donít you?
sweetie they know that ... i'm not gay and i voted for equallity in washington state. but the people we do battle with on here are hate filled bigots who can't stand that they are losing their grip on power as did the hate filled anti blacks of the south...
Cavote

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

And the nonsense keeps rolling in, just like high tide and sewer fall out from the Republican sewer pipes

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••