Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,155

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#168698 Nov 21, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean "all the professional medical organizations side with me" ? Are you saying that all the professional medical organizations promote gay marriage ? You can't be saying that ?
All the real ones, yes. Of course there are a few phonies you can use to reinforce your lies. I bet you know all about NARTH, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if you owe them money.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#168699 Nov 21, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we need the House to impeach Obama and the Senate to acquit, again. Yep, we need to waste money and time on crap like this. Have you finished your underground bunker yet? Best git crackin' before the commies take over. Don't forget to stock up on tinfoil too.
Honestly if it keeps them busy for a while and prevents them from passing more BS I am all for it.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#168700 Nov 21, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course his opinion matters....unless you think that yours is the only opinion that matters, wait, of course you think that. I got news for you, YOU are the bigot, because you are disputing his right to even have an opinion that differs from yours. That is one of the many things that makes you second or third class. He said it exactly right, and you don't like being marginalized. Tough luck, girlie-man. Hope it makes yer mascara run...You and yours will never be valid. As Bruno said, life is not a party, and you cannot make up the rules as you go, and change the ones that you find inconvenient. Some of you twisted biscuits may have lost sight of what is right, but the majority of us have not.
An opinion based on bullshit is a bullshit opinion. You have a right to your opinion. You do NOT have the right to your own facts. Of what value is an opinion based on an irrational prejudice?

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#168703 Nov 21, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
They also protect poor performers and drag down production.
Why do you liberals ignore reality?
Unions have a time and a place.
And I am always interested that Union members are willing to pay more in union dues than they do into their own retirement and medical insurance?
Nah, BS.
It's got to be a political reason.
My guess is con dumbs hate unions because unions traditionally favor Democrats.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#168704 Nov 21, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Being "fodder for ridicule" is what gay people have always been, up until now, and that isn't going to change. I require no legislation to exist peacefully in the world. You do.
Oh, but it already HAS changed. And that makes you crazy, doesn't it? Don't you think you're a little over involved emotionally in something that doesn't affect you???? Oh wait.... obviously it DOES affect you, or you wouldn't be here whining about it every day. It scares the piss out of you, doesn't it?

Location hidden

#168705 Nov 21, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
so you think the impeachment was a total success, it stated in the articles of impeachment to remove the president from office... did that happen? Did a single thing the impeachment stated succeed?
Nope….. not a single thing.
A total waste of time and money
If you call that a success, then I congratulate you on the success of Mit Romney’s bid for the presidency, You should be proud and happy that it was such a resounding success.
No wonder you guys keep losing, you don’t know what success or failure even is.
Let me try and make this simple for you:

"The House of Representatives shall choose their speaker and other officers; and shall have the sole power of impeachment."- Article I Sec 2 US Constitution

What part of SOLE POWER OF IMPEACHMENT do you not understand?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#168706 Nov 21, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the underachievers are the only ones who need union protection. As a Teamster, I have some understanding of this issue, and I am only a Teamster because it is necessary to be a member to deliver to certain East Coast sites. I resent having to pay dues when I need no union representation. If you do your job properly, you will never need union arbitration. All those dues accomplish are to make some fat cats richer...Unions may have been necessary a century ago, but it is an antiquated system that has become obsolete since the Industrial Revolution ended.
...yawn...

I hate unions but I'll join and pay union dues so I can work... sounds like integrity to me...

North Hollywood, CA

#168708 Nov 21, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting considering Obama is genetically just as black as he is white?
But, they had a chance to have a truly black President, but since he was part of the GOP he was obviously an uncle tom.
Think Obama could have sat in a "whites only" waiting room at the train station during Jim Crow?

Half-black = black.
I'm just the messenger.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#168709 Nov 21, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the underachievers are the only ones who need union protection. As a Teamster, I have some understanding of this issue, and I am only a Teamster because it is necessary to be a member to deliver to certain East Coast sites. I resent having to pay dues when I need no union representation. If you do your job properly, you will never need union arbitration. All those dues accomplish are to make some fat cats richer...Unions may have been necessary a century ago, but it is an antiquated system that has become obsolete since the Industrial Revolution ended.
Wait.... it's late and I'm a little tired.... I just caught this

An underachieving delivery boy? LMFAO!

North Hollywood, CA

#168711 Nov 21, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sure, there is absolutely NO difference between paying taxes and being forcibly raped and having your children kidnapped. Sure thing....
Well, tell that to akpilot. I was making fun of his absurd comparison of slavery to paying taxes.

North Hollywood, CA

#168716 Nov 21, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell, for the money that I make, it is a small thing. Costs money to make money. You wouldn't believe how much I make in a week, and you may mock that all you want to, matters not. If you know of some way that I can change the way that the East Coast operates, please tell me.
And you make that good money because the union negotiated your wage.

North Hollywood, CA

#168717 Nov 21, 2012
Wow, almost 150,000 posts, and not one solid, rational argument against gay marriage.

North Hollywood, CA

#168722 Nov 21, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I work at a non-union shop, and am a member voluntarily, to make my job easier to perform. The union had nothing to do with what I earn.
Yeah, right.
And you're a Wiccan, too.

North Hollywood, CA

#168723 Nov 21, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
None that you can recognize, at any rate. You don't wish to.
There isn't a rational argument against gay marriage.
Your bigotry isn't rational, and it goes against what Wicca stands for.

North Hollywood, CA

#168724 Nov 21, 2012
Let's look as some of the typical arguments against gay marriage...
1. "God said yadda, yadda, yadda."
Well, since we don't have proof god exists, let alone that he said anything in particular, we can dismiss all of those god based arguments.

2. "Children need a mommy and daddy."
This is an illustration of Rose's Law. Gay marriage and gay parenting are separate issues. And gay parents do fine job of parenting.

3. "Why can't I marry a goat or a tree?"
Gay marriage is an equal rights issue, getting marriage to animals or inanimate objects is not.

4. "Anal sex is gross!"
Well, most people into anal sex are straight. And the sex acts consenting parties engage in are none of the government's business.

5. "Gay couples can't reproduce"
You don't have to be able to reproduce in order to marry, so we can dismiss that argument.

Location hidden

#168725 Nov 21, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I agree, passed the house on partisan lines, and failed in the Senate on partisan lines that could have been predicted long before it even started. We knew the result of both votes before they were taken.
OK, it seems you have never read the Constitution. Let me help you out again:

"The House of Representatives shall choose their speaker and other officers; and shall have the sole power of impeachment."- US Constitution Article I Sec 2.

The House has the SOLE POWER OF IMPEACHMENT... When they vote to impeach, you are impeached that's the end of the story.

"The Senate shall have the sole power to try all impeachments."- US Constitution Article I Sec 3.

The Senate has the SOLE POWER TO TRY ALL IMPEACHMENTS- they only have the option to either convict and remove from office or not. They cannot remove the impeachment, that is the SOLE POWER of the House per Article I Sec 2.

Location hidden

#168726 Nov 21, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, in general it is a good thing to really have a big stick to reign in foolishness. Unfortunately that big stick gets wielded along party lines rather than actual justice.
And there in lies the issue with our two party system.

The politicians have convinced the people that one party is for them and one is against- insert which ever party you like into either side, it doesn't matter.

The fact is, the DNC and the GOP both get what they like in back room deals, then they play off each other in the public eye acting as if they care about this that and the other. Think WWE- it's all staged, and it all results in us getting screwed.

Look at the debates, how many people where on the ticket in November- 4 or 5? Yet we only got the hear from TWO!! Why?!?! Because the public has been convinced that only 1 of 2 parties could possibly garner the votes to make a real run at it. To ensure that remains so, the two parties and the media do everything in their power to silence the opposition.

There isn't a dimes worth of difference between the two parties. They both spend like drunken sailors, they just argue about which bar to drink at. Neither is interested in taking their hands off your wallet. Neither really cares about gay rights one way or another, the DNC will toss out a bone in the form of lip service once in a while- take the ending of DADT for instance, sure they can join, but they can't get benefits.. Same thing goes for the GOP, they say they are for Business, but it was Obama and the DNC that gave out the free money??

The funny thing is, people usually argue over whether this is a Conservative (GOP) or Liberal (DNC) country, when the reality is, if it was truly explained to people on a very basic level we would find that a VAST majority of the country is Libertarian.

Location hidden

#168727 Nov 21, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You con dumbs are so over-dramatic.
Yeah, paying taxes is the same as being raped and having your childen taken from you and sold as property. Same thing as being kidnapped and taken half way across the world where you are forced to work for the rest of your life.
And what of the Black slave holders Rose??

BTW Rose, you need to look up the Definition of Slave- it doesn't say anything about:

- Rape
- the taking of children
- kidnapping
- being forced to work

Location hidden

#168728 Nov 21, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Think Obama could have sat in a "whites only" waiting room at the train station during Jim Crow?
Half-black = black.
I'm just the messenger.
And you are telling me to get out of the last century?

You need serious help Rose.

And the "guilt" thing doesn't work on me Rose, I never owned a slave.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#168729 Nov 21, 2012
Now all the restrooms and the water fountains are equally filthy. How far we have come, but that's "equality" for you.

Ronald

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr scirocco 70,993
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 12 Alex Montgomery 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web