Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#168642 Nov 20, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I've noticed that, too. Seems homophobes think about gay sex more than gay people do.
Tell me about it. Iíve even learned a few sexual things from these so called non-gays. They surely do thoroughly research gay sex. Iím sure itís strictly to undercover all kinds of perverse behavior (wink wink).

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#168643 Nov 20, 2012
Almost 150,000 posts.

These Topix pages flipping up is really annoying.

Anyone else experiencing this bug?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#168646 Nov 21, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, then, here's the truth. Gay people exist. Yessiree. I don't argue that, for a second. Gay people get together. Yessiree again. I don't argue that, either. They seek to legitimize their relationships through legislation. I oppose that. You call my belief prejudice. Cool. I call your beliefs twisted and aberrant. There we have it. Truth.
Rationalize it all you want. Gay marriage is here to stay. Ignore reality at your own peril.

Funny that all the professional medical organizations side with me, ain't it, but I'm sure you think you know better than they do. If that makes you happy, go for it, but don't think it is "truth." Truth is based on verifiable facts. You only have opinion.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#168647 Nov 21, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Rationalize it all you want. Gay marriage is here to stay. Ignore reality at your own peril.
Funny that all the professional medical organizations side with me, ain't it, but I'm sure you think you know better than they do. If that makes you happy, go for it, but don't think it is "truth." Truth is based on verifiable facts. You only have opinion.
They are still living in the past.

Gay marriage is here to stay, once again the ideals of our nation, are moving forward, Justice, equality, and freedom.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#168648 Nov 21, 2012
The Gorillas in this thread need to sit back and have a few bananas and learn something today

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#168650 Nov 21, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay marriage is here to stay, once again the ideals of our nation, are moving forward, Justice, equality, and freedom.
FineDay

Covina, CA

#168652 Nov 21, 2012
Thi shsn't been addressed at all now has it?

Lets start a Q & A over this topic, no one has ever spoke about it at all?
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#168653 Nov 21, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because the gay cult forces the issue and threatens the government with friblous law suits. You can't force us to accept you. The Feds and the normal citizens will never accept your lifestyles. Your gay cult will continue to be the talk of the town.
BainOs

Covina, CA

#168654 Nov 21, 2012
Have teh BainOs come out again?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#168655 Nov 21, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because the gay cult forces the issue and threatens the government with friblous law suits. You can't force us to accept you. The Feds and the normal citizens will never accept your lifestyles. Your gay cult will continue to be the talk of the town.
And bigoted idiots like you will continue to be fodder for ridicule.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#168656 Nov 21, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít happen to be gay, none of my children happen to be Gay. I am just an American that actually believes in freedom, equality and justice.

Gay people could not have passed the bills that passed in this last election alone, a lot of actual patriotic American heterosexuals voted right along with them.
NoQ

Danielson, CT

#168657 Nov 21, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>And bigoted idiots like you will continue to be fodder for ridicule.
Queers are as much a bigot as anyone. Fa$$ot
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

#168658 Nov 21, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a matter of time also before the SCOTUS just makes it legal.
I'm thinking that it will take a fair number of states to pass legislation in favor to accomplish this. If I'm correct, doesn't this make AKpilot's POV make sense? Maybe, sorta?
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

#168659 Nov 21, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
"Big D" lives in Modesto. A dusty little sh!thole in the San Joaquin Valley. Worst air quality in the country. Meth labs. Gangs. Bikers. Poverty. The smog is probably effecting his brain making him a real dope and a world class JACKASS!
"Big D" = Big Dope!
HEY! Don't dis bikers. Many are war veterans and many do a great deal of good work in spite of the reputation.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#168660 Nov 21, 2012
This is getting funny, you folks do realize that a majority of people that voted to accept Gay marriage were not gay themselves... donít you?
Cavote

Covina, CA

#168661 Nov 21, 2012
Never been near one.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#168662 Nov 21, 2012
Big D wrote:
This is getting funny, you folks do realize that a majority of people that voted to accept Gay marriage were not gay themselves... donít you?
sweetie they know that ... i'm not gay and i voted for equallity in washington state. but the people we do battle with on here are hate filled bigots who can't stand that they are losing their grip on power as did the hate filled anti blacks of the south...
Cavote

Covina, CA

#168663 Nov 21, 2012
And the nonsense keeps rolling in, just like high tide and sewer fall out from the Republican sewer pipes
Big D

Modesto, CA

#168664 Nov 21, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text> sweetie they know that ... i'm not gay and i voted for equallity in washington state. but the people we do battle with on here are hate filled bigots who can't stand that they are losing their grip on power as did the hate filled anti blacks of the south...
They seem to taken a leave from reality, there was no other moral choice to make for me. I am a patriot, I actually believe in justice and equality in the land of the free

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#168665 Nov 21, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
They seem to taken a leave from reality, there was no other moral choice to make for me. I am a patriot, I actually believe in justice and equality in the land of the free
wow a patriot who understands that bigotry is the enemy of freedom... can you just teach fox news that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 hr Eric 70,629
Hello Nov 24 Clint 1
Dual language immersion program offered for kin... (Jan '10) Nov 21 Kerry Jones 29
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Nov 19 ben goolsby 1,514
MEX-TEX-CA DRUGS to YOU! Nov 4 ILLEGALS - DRUGS ... 1
Some Mexicans leaving US, planning never to return (Dec '08) Nov 3 llt 15,728
Former Councilwoman Susan Goldbeck announces Ci... (Jun '08) Nov 1 nodole 8
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]