Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,375)

Showing posts 147,481 - 147,500 of200,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Winston Smith

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168069
Nov 14, 2012
 
Non Psycho Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
How do you through a tantrum anyway?
How do you through a party?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168070
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have noticed he seems to think he has the power to tell others what they are to do, and not do.
I once read about a guy that thought he was Napoleon that was like that.
Just punk trolls who steal my nic. I never kicked you out even though you bore us to death with your Clinton wasn't impeached schtick.

Fun!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168071
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Just punk trolls who steal my nic. I never kicked you out even though you bore us to death with your Clinton wasn't impeached schtick.
Fun!
Please point to the post where I ever said Clinton was not impeached.

I did not say that once.

He was impeached

and then at the trial in the senate the impeachment failed and none of the penalties spelled out in the articles of impeachment were implemented.

I am willing to let this drop…. But will respond when someone challenges what we already know happened.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168072
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Please point to the post where I ever said Clinton was not impeached.
I did not say that once.
He was impeached
and then at the trial in the senate the impeachment failed and none of the penalties spelled out in the articles of impeachment were implemented.
I am willing to let this drop…. But will respond when someone challenges what we already know happened.
Yeah, but I'm not willing to let this drop tough guy!

How could Clinton be impeached if the impeachment failed?

What a dope!

TOO FUNNY!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168073
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but I'm not willing to let this drop tough guy!
How could Clinton be impeached if the impeachment failed?
What a dope!
TOO FUNNY!
You are making the argument that he was not impeached not me.

Im glad you are making that distinction. He was impeached by the house

but there is no question that the Senate has the power to try an impeachment, you cant honestly be arguing that as you know darn well I can show you where it does, and passing it requires a 2/3 majority vote to pass, and it didn’t.

Do you need to look up the opposite of the word pass?

I can give you a hint.... It is called... fail

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168074
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are making the argument that he was not impeached not me.
Im glad you are making that distinction. He was impeached by the house
but there is no question that the Senate has the power to try an impeachment, you cant honestly be arguing that as you know darn well I can show you where it does, and passing it requires a 2/3 majority vote to pass, and it didn’t.
Do you need to look up the opposite of the word pass?
I can give you a hint.... It is called... fail
If the impeachment failed it would never have gone to the Senate. The impeachment did not fail.

Acchh!
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168075
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you one of those fundies who believes Jesus only died for white people?
(I didn't bother reading the rest of your post.)
Why do lions lick their butts?
To get the taste of Christians out of their mouths.
Rose_NoHo.

Har Har. Very funny.

According to the historical record:

And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.(Genesis 1:25)

"Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee." (Leviticus 19:19)

"My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace." (Jeremiah 50:6)

"And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil." (Matthew 15:22)

"But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us." (Matthew 15:23)

"But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." (Matthew 15:24)

"Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me." (Matthew 15:25)

"But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs." (Matthew 15:26)

"And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table." (Matthew 15:27)

"Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour." (Matthew 15:28)

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?" (2 Corinthians 6:14)

"Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you," (2 Corinthians 6:17)

"And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty." (2 Corinthians 6:18)

Ronald
Non Psycho Mike DiDucci

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168076
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument was the transmogrification of the word "Impeachment" when it is tried in the senate.
To clarify:

I said it was "transfigured", like Jesus into a cracker (or is it the other way around...). and it was not the "impeachment" that goes through the change, it is the process and actions. Once the House impeaches, then the Senate takes over and tries. In that transition from House to Senate, once the Senate takes over, impeachment is done, we are now conducting a trial.
Non Psycho Mike DiDucci

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168077
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you beat your wife?
Now SCRAM!
I can't help it if she's horrible at checkers!

Jeesh! Why do you lurk outside grade schools and leer at little boys? And what's with the volumnous pants? Please! Kindly keep your hands where we can see them!!!
MeetThePress

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168078
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Macy's urged to 'dump Trump' from ads or else!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168079
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Non Psycho Mike DiDucci wrote:
<quoted text>
To clarify:
I said it was "transfigured", like Jesus into a cracker (or is it the other way around...). and it was not the "impeachment" that goes through the change, it is the process and actions. Once the House impeaches, then the Senate takes over and tries. In that transition from House to Senate, once the Senate takes over, impeachment is done, we are now conducting a trial.
I was teasing a little,

clause 6 specifically states that it is trying the impeachemnt
MeetThePress

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168080
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Dump Trump! He crossed the line into dangerous when he advocated a revolution in our nation because he and the billionares club couldn't buy the office of POTUS.
Non Psycho Mike DiDucci

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168081
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

MeetThePress wrote:
Dump Trump! He crossed the line into dangerous when he advocated a revolution in our nation because he and the billionares club couldn't buy the office of POTUS.
Trump's an idiot and Macy's doesn't have a crystal ball. But let's see if we can get them to eliminate the last moments of that commercial...
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168082
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Non Psycho Mike DiDucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Trump's an idiot and Macy's doesn't have a crystal ball. But let's see if we can get them to eliminate the last moments of that commercial...
That is part of their problem, they have The Donald, High as a kite Rush, and Faux news as the spokespeople to their masses

The GOP has to shut them up first, no easy task

The people that speak to their masses the most are people that they do not have any control over at all, and if they try, they get called Rhino’s
MeetThePress

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168083
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

THIS IS SO STUPID! Tea party members and their shills are upset that their candidate did not win the election, so instead of benig adult about it, they're throwing a temper tantrum and threatening to take their toys and go home.

Well, I say GO! In case no one has noticed, this country is going downhill not because Obama is president, but because there is way too much partisanship.
D Truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168084
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Its hard to believe that in a gay state, California, gay marriage is not legal.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168085
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

MeetThePress wrote:
THIS IS SO STUPID! Tea party members and their shills are upset that their candidate did not win the election, so instead of benig adult about it, they're throwing a temper tantrum and threatening to take their toys and go home.
Well, I say GO! In case no one has noticed, this country is going downhill not because Obama is president, but because there is way too much partisanship.
I certainly agree there, the problem is our politicians put party first, instead of country first.
MeetThePress

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168086
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

What porn stars say about the new condom L.A. County law.
Non Psycho Mike DiDucci

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168087
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is part of their problem, they have The Donald, High as a kite Rush, and Faux news as the spokespeople to their masses
The GOP has to shut them up first, no easy task
The people that speak to their masses the most are people that they do not have any control over at all, and if they try, they get called Rhino’s
Let's not leave out Coulter, Palin, and Victoria Jackson....

And what the fluck is with Norquest!?! Why is this guy holding the GOP by the short and curlies? I don't remember anyone voting him into office.
Non Psycho Mike DiDucci

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168088
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

MeetThePress wrote:
What porn stars say about the new condom L.A. County law.
They say, "Ventura".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 147,481 - 147,500 of200,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monterey Discussions

Search the Monterey Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Frijoles 68,136
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 14 hr Decide what 4,837
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 19 hr 21 and over 15,909
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 2 skeets give more 7,806
Ask Dr. Gott: Shingles pain difficult to contro... (May '09) Jun 27 William 4
Marina man twice convicted in 2014Marina man tw... Jun 26 AZ AMIGA 1
White Trash teams with Mexican Banger (Apr '11) Jun 25 Third Party 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••