Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,372)

Showing posts 147,421 - 147,440 of200,315
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Only 6 more days till Supreme Court decides to whether or not hear Prop 8/DOMA!

Legalized marriage equality federally!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth:
Denial would be a slightly easier place if your parents had aborted you.
Do you think they should have?
:)
Smile.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No the Senate tries an Impeachment.
If the impeachment does not pass the trial in the Senate, then there are no consequences as the impeachment has failed.
Then Clinton wasn't impeached?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The "story" mentioned the UN, so I'm betting it's a fundie organization, one of those "end times" groups. They fixate on the UN because they think it's existence fulfills the prophesy of a one world government, or some such.
I have a prophesy, too. lol......
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Hide-n-go seek wrote:
<quoted text>NO,only the retard black gay people who are just as subhuman as gays. In other words, we are talking about you. You don't believe in Jesus, so his death was not for you. Homosexuality is a mental disorder, so the devil lives for you.
Aw...... is somebody feeling inferior today??? Aw..... poor thing. I have a secret to tell you. Projecting your self-hatred onto others won't help. A little education will help.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>Then Clinton wasn't impeached?
I have never said that once, he was impeached by the house, and the impeachment failed in the senate on Feb 12 1999

and the intent of the impeachment to remove Clinton from office did not happen because the impeachment failed.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never said that once, he was impeached by the house, and the impeachment failed in the senate on Feb 12 1999
and the intent of the impeachment to remove Clinton from office did not happen because the impeachment failed.
Funny stuff!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny stuff!
It is funny, we arenít talking about opinions here, but established facts. We live in a time when people will not accept a fact that they donít like.

Clinton was impeached by the house

That impeachment failed in the senate that tries impeachments

Clinton was not removed from office as stated in the impeachment.

And people still argue, it is hilarious

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is funny, we arenít talking about opinions here, but established facts. We live in a time when people will not accept a fact that they donít like.
Clinton was impeached by the house
That impeachment failed in the senate that tries impeachments
Clinton was not removed from office as stated in the impeachment.
And people still argue, it is hilarious
Too funny! The impeachment DID NOT FAIL. If it had, it wouldn't have gone to the Senate. If it had, you wouldn't be agreeing that he was impeached!

What a dope!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny! The impeachment DID NOT FAIL. If it had, it wouldn't have gone to the Senate. If it had, you wouldn't be agreeing that he was impeached!
What a dope!
The impeachment called for his removal from office, if it had succeeded he would have been, but it failed in the senate on Feb 12 1999 which tries impeachments ( look it up )

Or are you arguing that he was removed from office?

ROFLMAO!!!!
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

I can't believe youse guys is still arguing this:

Impeachment is only a step in a longer process:

Step 1: House votes on impeachment. Yes = success. No = failure.

If "yes", on to step 2.

Step 2: Trial in Senate. At this point, the "impeachment" phase is over and it is no longer an impeachment, it is a Trial. Then on to Step 3.

Step 3: Verdict. If verdict is "No" end of process. If verdict is "Yes", on to Step 4.

Step 4: Punishment.

So let's review:

Yes, we had an impeachment. Since we had a Trial, the impeachment was a "success".

We had a Trial, and we had a verdict of "No". Depending on your view, you can take that as a success or a failure.

Look at it this way: Impeachment is like starting your car in the morning. If it starts, success! Now, if you're driving down the road, drop your coffee, look down to retrieve it, look up, suddenly realize that you've drifted over the center line and are about to run head-long into a bus, yank the wheel right, overcompensate and bounce off the K-rail projecting your car hard to the left, crossing all lanes of traffic and careen down the cliff on the far side of the road, you may have failed in your ultimate objective, but the impeachment--I mean--"starting of the car" was still a success.
If it

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

If it moves then salute it.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
If the impeachment failed then how was Clinton impeached?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
If "yes", on to step 2.
Step 2: Trial in Senate. At this point, the "impeachment" phase is over and it is no longer an impeachment, it is a Trial. Then on to Step 3.
Step 3: Verdict. If verdict is "No" end of process. If verdict is "Yes", on to Step 4.
So let's review:
Yes, we had an impeachment. Since we had a Trial, the impeachment was a "success".
We had a Trial, and we had a verdict of "No". Depending on your view, you can take that as a success or a failure.
Look at it this way: Impeachment is like starting your car in the morning. If it starts, success! Now, if you're driving down the road, drop your coffee, look down to retrieve it, look up, suddenly realize that you've drifted over the center line and are about to run head-long into a bus, yank the wheel right, overcompensate and bounce off the K-rail projecting your car hard to the left, crossing all lanes of traffic and careen down the cliff on the far side of the road, you may have failed in your ultimate objective, but the impeachment--I mean--"starting of the car" was still a success.
You are correct.

Now SCRAM troll!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
If "yes", on to step 2.
So let's review:
not sure which side you are arguing on.
Yes he was impeached by the house who have the sole power to impeach
No the impeachment did not pass trial in the senate which has the power to try impeachments
Not a single penalty called for in the impeachment was carried out because it did not pass the sennate
They may call that a success, I donít.
I have never once said he was not impeached, I have said ( repeatedly ) that the impeachment failed in the senate ( which it did ) and that was the end of it, not a single intent of the impeachment for punishment called for was carried out.
Maybe it is the word "successful" they need to look up
ShellCases

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

The police officers took cover, but at least one Border Patrol agent went to the fence and opened fire on Jose Antonio Elena Rodriguez, who was shot seven times, according to Mexican authorities.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No the impeachment did not pass trial in the senate which has the power to try impeachments
Not a single penalty called for in the impeachment was carried out because it did not pass the sennate
I have never once said he was not impeached, I have said ( repeatedly ) that the impeachment failed in the senate ( which it did ) and that was the end of it, not a single intent of the impeachment for punishment called for was carried out.
The Senate doesn't try impeachments.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
The Senate doesn't try impeachments.
Wrong

Article 1 clause 6 of our constitution

Clause 6: Trial of Impeachments

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
When it reached the Senate, it ceased to be an "impeachment", it transfigured into a "trial".

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 147,421 - 147,440 of200,315
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••