Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Winston Smith

Bumpass, VA

#167997 Nov 13, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you didn't get the irony. My law is as stupid as ticks law. Get it? wink wink.
What a dope!
You didn't get my getting it. Quit taking things so seriously. What'd I tell you yesterday (or maybe the day before)?
Winston Smith

Bumpass, VA

#167998 Nov 13, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
....Join us.....
:D
It would be a hell of a party.....
Will there be wimmin?
Winston Smith

Bumpass, VA

#167999 Nov 13, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
We need the ability to impeach the president even if it is expensive (it's not). I am not in favor of reducing our freedom for any reason, certainly not just to save a little money.
If the president, any president, is guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors, impeach the bastard and make him or her pay for it.
I didn't say we shouldn't be able to impeach. What I said is it seems to be a partisan affair, not a rational or reasoned one. As it is now it is a sham. Or a shame of a sham, or is it a sham of a shame? None of them should be above the law, but it appears few of them aren't. Sort of, IYSWIM.

This is a product of a party system, especially a two party system. The founding fathers knew the pitfalls of parties yet acted in a fashion to develop them. Seems to be a natural inclination. Likewise there seems to be a natural inclination to villify the opposition to the max, often in a fashion that defies reality while completely ignoring the scum floating around in one's own party. Almost, as in damn near but not quite, to the point of deification of one's own party.

The lunacy we've got today isn't at all new. People were violent and aggressive from the outset. Pistols at dawn!
Winston Smith

Bumpass, VA

#168000 Nov 13, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't spell and you're a dope.
Now SCRAM troll!
Quit throughing tantrums!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#168002 Nov 13, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The "story" mentioned the UN, so I'm betting it's a fundie organization, one of those "end times" groups. They fixate on the UN because they think it's existence fulfills the prophesy of a one world government, or some such.
http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2012-11-04_1280...
Non Psycho Winston Smith

Union City, CA

#168003 Nov 13, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit throughing tantrums!
No.

How do you through a tantrum anyway?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#168004 Nov 13, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't get my getting it. Quit taking things so seriously. What'd I tell you yesterday (or maybe the day before)?
Loosen up Winnie.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#168005 Nov 13, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say we shouldn't be able to impeach. What I said is it seems to be a partisan affair, not a rational or reasoned one. As it is now it is a sham. Or a shame of a sham, or is it a sham of a shame? None of them should be above the law, but it appears few of them aren't. Sort of, IYSWIM.
This is a product of a party system, especially a two party system. The founding fathers knew the pitfalls of parties yet acted in a fashion to develop them. Seems to be a natural inclination. Likewise there seems to be a natural inclination to villify the opposition to the max, often in a fashion that defies reality while completely ignoring the scum floating around in one's own party. Almost, as in damn near but not quite, to the point of deification of one's own party.
The lunacy we've got today isn't at all new. People were violent and aggressive from the outset. Pistols at dawn!
We get a president committing high crimes and misdemeanors we impeach the bastard! The offended party be damned.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#168006 Nov 13, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose is right. Consider the fact that 18,000 children starve to death each day.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Disturbing%20T...
There is one death every 12 minutes due to automobile crashes in the United states.
http://www.chacha.com/question/how-many-peopl...
How many people died?
Non-issue bro.
Don't know what you're talking about toots. Sorry.
Bazooks

Covina, CA

#168007 Nov 13, 2012
Bubble gum has made a come back.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#168008 Nov 13, 2012
Bazooks wrote:
Bubble gum has made a come back.
I remember Bazooka Joe, and the gum cost one cent AND you got a comic with it.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#168009 Nov 14, 2012
Only 6 more days till Supreme Court decides to whether or not hear Prop 8/DOMA!

Legalized marriage equality federally!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#168010 Nov 14, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth:
Denial would be a slightly easier place if your parents had aborted you.
Do you think they should have?
:)
Smile.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#168011 Nov 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No the Senate tries an Impeachment.
If the impeachment does not pass the trial in the Senate, then there are no consequences as the impeachment has failed.
Then Clinton wasn't impeached?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#168012 Nov 14, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The "story" mentioned the UN, so I'm betting it's a fundie organization, one of those "end times" groups. They fixate on the UN because they think it's existence fulfills the prophesy of a one world government, or some such.
I have a prophesy, too. lol......
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#168013 Nov 14, 2012
Hide-n-go seek wrote:
<quoted text>NO,only the retard black gay people who are just as subhuman as gays. In other words, we are talking about you. You don't believe in Jesus, so his death was not for you. Homosexuality is a mental disorder, so the devil lives for you.
Aw...... is somebody feeling inferior today??? Aw..... poor thing. I have a secret to tell you. Projecting your self-hatred onto others won't help. A little education will help.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#168014 Nov 14, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>Then Clinton wasn't impeached?
I have never said that once, he was impeached by the house, and the impeachment failed in the senate on Feb 12 1999

and the intent of the impeachment to remove Clinton from office did not happen because the impeachment failed.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#168015 Nov 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never said that once, he was impeached by the house, and the impeachment failed in the senate on Feb 12 1999
and the intent of the impeachment to remove Clinton from office did not happen because the impeachment failed.
Funny stuff!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#168016 Nov 14, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny stuff!
It is funny, we arenít talking about opinions here, but established facts. We live in a time when people will not accept a fact that they donít like.

Clinton was impeached by the house

That impeachment failed in the senate that tries impeachments

Clinton was not removed from office as stated in the impeachment.

And people still argue, it is hilarious

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#168017 Nov 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is funny, we arenít talking about opinions here, but established facts. We live in a time when people will not accept a fact that they donít like.
Clinton was impeached by the house
That impeachment failed in the senate that tries impeachments
Clinton was not removed from office as stated in the impeachment.
And people still argue, it is hilarious
Too funny! The impeachment DID NOT FAIL. If it had, it wouldn't have gone to the Senate. If it had, you wouldn't be agreeing that he was impeached!

What a dope!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 29 min JOEL 70,085
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 17 savvylocal 245
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep '14 fancy 3
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey Jobs