Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
147,401 - 147,420 of 200,591 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167991
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

5

Hide-n-go seek wrote:
<quoted text>T-R-A-N, no, that means you.
Nah, only stupid people believe that.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167992
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

6

5

5

Hide-n-go seek wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, uneducated types like you think that UN is a fundie organization. News Alert, it stands for United Nation and it is not. Oh, you are a gay dumb.
I pass gas that is better educated than you are.
And I didn't say that the UN is a fundie organization. I said:
"They (fundies) fixate on the UN because they think it's existence fulfills the prophesy of a one world government, or some such."

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167993
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

6

5

5

Hide-n-go seek wrote:
<quoted text>Truth:
Most of the world would support aborting you now.
Do you think we should do just that? How many men should we contact to find your dad, 25 or 50?
:)
A threat? Well, Topix will be informed.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167994
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

6

5

5

I predict gays and lesbians will be getting legally married again in California this year.

I also predicted Obama would win the Presidency.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167995
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

5

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything not on Rose_NoHo's agenda is a "non issue". Four Americans dead in Libya? It's a "non issue". Marriage equality for polygamists? That's a "non issue".
The bottom line is that Rose_NoHo is a non issue.
Rose is right. Consider the fact that 18,000 children starve to death each day.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Disturbing%20T...

There is one death every 12 minutes due to automobile crashes in the United states.

http://www.chacha.com/question/how-many-peopl...

How many people died?

Non-issue bro.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167996
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

5

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose is right. Consider the fact that 18,000 children starve to death each day.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Disturbing%20T...
There is one death every 12 minutes due to automobile crashes in the United states.
http://www.chacha.com/question/how-many-peopl...
How many people died?
Non-issue bro.
And when I say it's a non-issue, I mean it's an non-issue when it comes to Obama's presidency.
Winston Smith

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167997
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you didn't get the irony. My law is as stupid as ticks law. Get it? wink wink.
What a dope!
You didn't get my getting it. Quit taking things so seriously. What'd I tell you yesterday (or maybe the day before)?
Winston Smith

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167998
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
....Join us.....
:D
It would be a hell of a party.....
Will there be wimmin?
Winston Smith

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167999
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
We need the ability to impeach the president even if it is expensive (it's not). I am not in favor of reducing our freedom for any reason, certainly not just to save a little money.
If the president, any president, is guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors, impeach the bastard and make him or her pay for it.
I didn't say we shouldn't be able to impeach. What I said is it seems to be a partisan affair, not a rational or reasoned one. As it is now it is a sham. Or a shame of a sham, or is it a sham of a shame? None of them should be above the law, but it appears few of them aren't. Sort of, IYSWIM.

This is a product of a party system, especially a two party system. The founding fathers knew the pitfalls of parties yet acted in a fashion to develop them. Seems to be a natural inclination. Likewise there seems to be a natural inclination to villify the opposition to the max, often in a fashion that defies reality while completely ignoring the scum floating around in one's own party. Almost, as in damn near but not quite, to the point of deification of one's own party.

The lunacy we've got today isn't at all new. People were violent and aggressive from the outset. Pistols at dawn!
Winston Smith

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168000
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

6

5

5

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't spell and you're a dope.
Now SCRAM troll!
Quit throughing tantrums!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168002
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The "story" mentioned the UN, so I'm betting it's a fundie organization, one of those "end times" groups. They fixate on the UN because they think it's existence fulfills the prophesy of a one world government, or some such.
http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2012-11-04_1280...
Non Psycho Winston Smith

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168003
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

5

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit throughing tantrums!
No.

How do you through a tantrum anyway?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168004
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't get my getting it. Quit taking things so seriously. What'd I tell you yesterday (or maybe the day before)?
Loosen up Winnie.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168005
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say we shouldn't be able to impeach. What I said is it seems to be a partisan affair, not a rational or reasoned one. As it is now it is a sham. Or a shame of a sham, or is it a sham of a shame? None of them should be above the law, but it appears few of them aren't. Sort of, IYSWIM.
This is a product of a party system, especially a two party system. The founding fathers knew the pitfalls of parties yet acted in a fashion to develop them. Seems to be a natural inclination. Likewise there seems to be a natural inclination to villify the opposition to the max, often in a fashion that defies reality while completely ignoring the scum floating around in one's own party. Almost, as in damn near but not quite, to the point of deification of one's own party.
The lunacy we've got today isn't at all new. People were violent and aggressive from the outset. Pistols at dawn!
We get a president committing high crimes and misdemeanors we impeach the bastard! The offended party be damned.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168006
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose is right. Consider the fact that 18,000 children starve to death each day.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Disturbing%20T...
There is one death every 12 minutes due to automobile crashes in the United states.
http://www.chacha.com/question/how-many-peopl...
How many people died?
Non-issue bro.
Don't know what you're talking about toots. Sorry.
Bazooks

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168007
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Bubble gum has made a come back.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168008
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Bazooks wrote:
Bubble gum has made a come back.
I remember Bazooka Joe, and the gum cost one cent AND you got a comic with it.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168009
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Only 6 more days till Supreme Court decides to whether or not hear Prop 8/DOMA!

Legalized marriage equality federally!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168010
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth:
Denial would be a slightly easier place if your parents had aborted you.
Do you think they should have?
:)
Smile.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168011
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No the Senate tries an Impeachment.
If the impeachment does not pass the trial in the Senate, then there are no consequences as the impeachment has failed.
Then Clinton wasn't impeached?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••