Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,156

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#168032 Nov 14, 2012
The constitution does not give the Senate the power to try court cases, only impeachments

No the documents did not transmogrify when the House passed the articles of Impeachment to the Senate

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#168033 Nov 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It transmorgified? What are you... Calvin? ROFL
Not according to our constitution it didn’t
Having fun now!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#168034 Nov 14, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Having fun now!
A blast, It is absolutely hilarious how people are emotionally tied to this.

Funny as heck

All the info is there, but they have this emotional need that the truth doesn’t fulfill, so they make stuff up.

We have recently heard

A denial of what our constitution actually says

And now the words that change depending on who is looking at a document.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#168035 Nov 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
A blast, It is absolutely hilarious how people are emotionally tied to this.
Funny as heck
All the info is there, but they have this emotional need that the truth doesn’t fulfill, so they make stuff up.
We have recently heard
A denial of what our constitution actually says
And now the words that change depending on who is looking at a document.
As I stated when I started this silliness, I like Slick Willy and thought the whole affair was a politically motivated farce. But I have no "emotional need" to say silly sh!t like Clinton's impeachment was a "failure"!

Give it up. Clinton was impeached.

What a dope!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#168036 Nov 14, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
As I stated when I started this silliness, I like Slick Willy and thought the whole affair was a politically motivated farce. But I have no "emotional need" to say silly sh!t like Clinton's impeachment was a "failure"!
Give it up. Clinton was impeached.
What a dope!
I never said he wasn’t impeached, he was impeached by the house, and then the impeachment failed in the senate and not a single penalty called for in the impeachment was implemented

I am not a fan of Slick Willy, I wish the impeachment had been successful myself. We would be living in a very different situation ( my opinion better ) if it had been successful.

I personally blame Bill Clinton for the disaster of the president that followed him.
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#168037 Nov 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong
Article 1 clause 6 of our constitution
Clause 6: Trial of Impeachments
The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.
"Trial"

OF

"Impeachments".

The Senate's action is to "Try" the case based on the "charges" (aka: "impeachments").

Whether the "Trial" is a success or failure, depends on if you think Clinton was guilty or not. Or if you're a democrat or republican.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#168038 Nov 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said he wasn’t impeached, he was impeached by the house, and then the impeachment failed in the senate
If the impeachment failed, then he wasn't impeached.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#168039 Nov 14, 2012
Yes...they try... "Impeachments"

and they pass or fail In their trial there
It passed in the house.. he was impeached by the house, and failed in the senate where “Impeachments” are tired.

The impeachment was a charge made by the house, and regardless of if I think the was innocent or guilty, the charge, the impeachment... failed in the senate on Feb 12 1999

are we finally getting somewhere?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#168040 Nov 14, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
If the impeachment failed, then he wasn't impeached.
No

He was impeached by the house, but the impeachment failed in its trial in the senate.

Read the constitution and come back

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#168041 Nov 14, 2012
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
"Trial"
OF
"Impeachments".
The Senate's action is to "Try" the case based on the "charges" (aka: "impeachments").
Whether the "Trial" is a success or failure, depends on if you think Clinton was guilty or not. Or if you're a democrat or republican.
SCRAM troll!
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#168042 Nov 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said he wasn’t impeached, he was impeached by the house, and then the impeachment failed in the senate and not a single penalty called for in the impeachment was implemented
I am not a fan of Slick Willy, I wish the impeachment had been successful myself. We would be living in a very different situation ( my opinion better ) if it had been successful.
I personally blame Bill Clinton for the disaster of the president that followed him.
Look.

He was impeached by the House. He WAS impeached. PERIOD. You can call what happened in the Senate whatever you want. You can use whatever adjectives or adverbs make you happy. Impeachment is done by the House. Bill Clinton was impeached. END OF STORY.

Impeachment in the United States is an expressed power of the legislature that allows for formal charges against a civil officer of government for crimes committed in office. The actual trial on those charges, and subsequent removal of an official on conviction on those charges, is separate from the act of impeachment itself.

SEPARATE FROM THE ACT OF IMPEACHMENT ITSELF.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#168043 Nov 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No
He was impeached by the house, but the impeachment failed in its trial in the senate.
Read the constitution and come back
No.

Funny!
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#168044 Nov 14, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
SCRAM troll!
You scared, bro?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#168045 Nov 14, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>Look.
He was impeached by the House. He WAS impeached. PERIOD. You can call what happened in the Senate whatever you want. You can use whatever adjectives or adverbs make you happy. Impeachment is done by the House. Bill Clinton was impeached. END OF STORY.
Impeachment in the United States is an expressed power of the legislature that allows for formal charges against a civil officer of government for crimes committed in office. The actual trial on those charges, and subsequent removal of an official on conviction on those charges, is separate from the act of impeachment itself.
SEPARATE FROM THE ACT OF IMPEACHMENT ITSELF.
I have never once said he was not impeached, not once. Go back and look, you will never find one instance where I said he was not impeached.

He was impeached by the house, however that impeachment failed in the senate which has the power to try impeachments, not indictments, not criminal trials, but impeachments, and he was acquitted, and not a single penalty spelled out in the articles of impeachment were implemented.

I wish they had, I wish the impeachment had been successful because we would live in a very different world today if it had ( in my opinion better ) but... it failed in the trail in the Senate and it died there.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#168046 Nov 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never once said he was not impeached, not once. Go back and look, you will never find one instance where I said he was not impeached.
He was impeached by the house, however that impeachment failed in the senate which has the power to try impeachments, not indictments, not criminal trials, but impeachments, and he was acquitted, and not a single penalty spelled out in the articles of impeachment were implemented.
I wish they had, I wish the impeachment had been successful because we would live in a very different world today if it had ( in my opinion better ) but... it failed in the trail in the Senate and it died there.
The trial is SEPARATE FROM THE ACT OF IMPEACHMENT ITSELF
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#168047 Nov 14, 2012
Does anyone have a quarter to put on the needle?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#168048 Nov 14, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
The trial is SEPARATE FROM THE ACT OF IMPEACHMENT ITSELF
do you need me to quote the constitution again? It will be the same passage, with the power of the Senate to try Impeachments, the word did not change when passing from the house to the Senate.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#168049 Nov 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
do you need me to quote the constitution again? It will be the same passage, with the power of the Senate to try Impeachments, the word did not change when passing from the house to the Senate.
That doesn't mean the impeachment failed.

But please, go ahead and quote the Constitution all you want. You are interpreting it incorrectly. Call your old high school history teacher. Call your local university. Call the library. Call 1-800- who gives a shit.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#168050 Nov 14, 2012
<quoted text>
You scared, bro?
No.

I said SCRAM troll!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#168051 Nov 14, 2012
Does anyone have a quarter to put on the needle?
SCRAM!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 71,000
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 12 Alex Montgomery 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web