Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,369)

Showing posts 147,361 - 147,380 of200,319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not very expensive. We pay congress anyway, may as well get some useful work out of them!
The 2012 campaigns cost $4 billion dollars. That's expensive!
Yes, BILLIONS spent on the campaigns, and we have the SAME POTUS, the SAME diviion in the Senate, and the SAME division in the House. What does that tell you ?
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, BILLIONS spent on the campaigns, and we have the SAME POTUS, the SAME diviion in the Senate, and the SAME division in the House. What does that tell you ?
Apparantly corporate money CAN'T buy an election...

“ WOOF !”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparantly corporate money CAN'T buy an election...
That's certainly NOT what the liberals claim !

And didn't The Obamanaic take in MORE corporate money than Romney ???
Niargia falls

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

More GOP, Republican and Tea Party Nation members will be holding the bag if the financial stability of the USA goes over the cliff.

It's a safe bet they will not be able to hide from this one.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
There is good reason to not go through needless expenses when you know you're going to lose. I've got a fair bit of time dedicated to court cases as an expert witness for the prosecution. We've picked our battles carefully, and save for a foul up by a DA we've had a 100% conviction rate with the team I've worked with over the last decade.
You noted the partisan nature of the Clinton trial. Correctly I might add. That is the way it would go down with Obama whether it is this Congress or the one just elected. The Senate is dominated by Democrats and they're not apt to hang one of their own.
I wasn't referring specifically to Obama. We need the ability to impeach the president. That's all.

No need to get all defensive for Obama! He'll do fine even if impeached, like you say.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm starting Tick's Law. those tat invoke danth's law have no argument watsoever...
i guess we can make up any rule we want and call it a law...
Danth's Law has been a widely accepted law for a long time.

Tick's Law is just some stupid sh!t you just made up.

Mike's Law: Woodtick57 is a barely literate dope.
Niargia falls

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

No worries, the GOP is guilty as charged.

The gallows are being set up as we speak.
Winston Smith

Brandywine, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't referring specifically to Obama. We need the ability to impeach the president. That's all.
No need to get all defensive for Obama! He'll do fine even if impeached, like you say.
Ah yes, in general it is a good thing to really have a big stick to reign in foolishness. Unfortunately that big stick gets wielded along party lines rather than actual justice.

Since when is pointing out reality getting defensive? It doesn't matter if Obama is guilty of something or not, just like it didn't matter if Clinton was guilty or not. Party lines are party lines. Unless there is no avoiding nailing one of them to the wall due to the nature of the crime and undeniability of guilt, a party is probably not going to hang one of their own unless he's really alienated himself tremendously.

With Clinton the proximity of him to the goods (his milk on a dress, dodgy testimony, etc.) was directly linked to him. With Obama there is a bit of separation regarding the four deaths and what was known about danger and when. If they couldn't prove Clinton was fibbing about things what makes you think they can prove a damn thing about this? That peek at Clinton's wedding tackle cost us 40 to 80 mil depending upon what source and what you include. I can see it getting way higher with the complexity of this one. In the end it'll have all the effectiveness of nailing jello to a tree.

“ WOOF !”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Bill Clinton....Adultery is a crime....He got away it, too....
UNTRUE.

Cinton's act of adultery was NOT a crime. His lying underoath to a grand jury, which he admitted to, and was disbarred for, WAS a crime.

Patreus's adultery IS a SPECIFIED CRIME under the UCMJ. The maximum penalty is fordeiture of his pension (a considerable $200,000 a year for life, reduction in rank, forfeiture of all military benefits, and imprisonment for up to one year).

Now if we CANNOT expect one of the highest generals to obey teh laws, rules, and regulations specified in teh UCMJ, HOW can we expect anyone of lesser rank to do so also ?!
Winston Smith

Brandywine, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Danth's Law has been a widely accepted law for a long time.
Tick's Law is just some stupid sh!t you just made up.
Mike's Law: Woodtick57 is a barely literate dope.
Ah, Mike's Law, just a little more fresh than Tick's Law, less edible than Cole's Law. But not by much.:p
Winston Smith

Brandywine, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's beautiful. Elegant, in fact. Excellent.
Get a room you two!:p

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, Mike's Law, just a little more fresh than Tick's Law, less edible than Cole's Law. But not by much.:p
Sorry you didn't get the irony. My law is as stupid as ticks law. Get it? wink wink.

What a dope!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a room you two!:p
You, the "non-psycho Mike Di Rucci" and Woodtick57 took the last one.
NewLawOfLand

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Time to get over it, it's the new law of the land.

The U.S. Supreme Court has pushed back by 10 days the date on which it will consider whether to review the issue of gay marriage in California, according to lawyers in the case
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You, the "non-psycho Mike Di Rucci" and Woodtick57 took the last one.
Ya can't through a party without renting a hall!
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

NewLawOfLand wrote:
Time to get over it, it's the new law of the land.
The U.S. Supreme Court has pushed back by 10 days the date on which it will consider whether to review the issue of gay marriage in California, according to lawyers in the case
Not worried.

Recent decisions in DOMA have poised Prop 8 to potential review by SCOTUS over the issues of "suspect class" and "heightened scrutiny".

Uh-oh....that doesn't bode well for the anti-marriage equality side....

Besides: It'll all be over by June.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Hey, appreciate your concern for the slut lesbian in me. Sorry, but I always cover her one eye when I am with my wife. She is however grateful that she is not stuck with someone who looks like Candy Crowley...
Which begs the question, why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian???
You're just trolling to try and hurt people's feelings.
Do you think your parents should have aborted you?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Jose - in Miami wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard to say but they aren't called Kristian KKonservatives by so many for nothing.
Apparently as long as they pray for the needs of someone’s soul they are absolved from having to care about their body and who is kidding who when they say they are "praying" for the sick, poor, less fortunate.
When you get to know some , you realize they operate on hate, hate is their fuel . The more hate and misery they can spread ,the happier they are.
The south has so many of them but politically they are not stupid and they attempt to win over as many non Christians as possible while laughing behind their backs because they feel non Christians are going to hell.
"Some conservative Christians hate our government and teach others hateful lying conspiracy theories in order to convince the simple and the gullible to support their agenda of hate. All this is contrary to the teachings in the Bible that tells us to obey and submit to government authorities that God places over us.
Some Christian conservatives want to do away with most government social programs that aid the poor. They believe that if government would get out of the picture people would be better off. Some fail to understand that most of the nation is not truly Christian and most in this nation will not take care of the less fortunate and downtrodden. In fact, I doubt if most conservative "Christians" would do very much to help those that are less fortunate than themselves either. "
http://www.thepropheticyears.com/comments/Chr...
Seems Christian conservatives would be into helping the poor, since Jesus was really into helping the poor.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
Mona and her libtard ilk know nothing about America .
Speaking of impeachment, lying about the events that led to the death of the U.S. ambassador to Libya might finally get Obama impeached.
You folks are just a bunch of desperate vultures trying to make political hay out of a tragedy. Sorry, but it's really a non issue when it comes to Obama's presidency.
NewLawOfLand

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Grab a hold and swing along.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 147,361 - 147,380 of200,319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••