Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
147,341 - 147,360 of 200,594 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167911
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

6

5

5

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes..... we saw the movie.... Soylent Green is made out of people.
Is there any place left to have an intelligent discussion without LUNATICS ruining it for everyone else?
Aw, Big D isn't that bad, just dopey and as stubborn as a democrat mule!
Dosage

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167912
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Bobby Jindal says to Republicans:

Dumbed-Down Conservatism Must Go,'Stop being the stupid party' and playing with your supporters lives.

We cannot be, we must not be, the party that simply protects the rich so they get to keep their toys.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167913
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
so you think the impeachment was a total success, it stated in the articles of impeachment to remove the president from office... did that happen? Did a single thing the impeachment stated succeed?
Nope….. not a single thing.
A total waste of time and money
If you call that a success, then I congratulate you on the success of Mit Romney’s bid for the presidency, You should be proud and happy that it was such a resounding success.
No wonder you guys keep losing, you don’t know what success or failure even is.
I didn't vote for Romney! Ew!!!!!!!!!

"Wherefore, William Jefferson Clinton, by such conduct, warrants impeachment and trial, and removal from office and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States."

Yes. He was impeached. He was acquitted at trial. He was not removed from office and he was not disqualified to hold another office.

How can a President be impeached if the impeachment fails?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167915
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, Big D isn't that bad, just dopey and as stubborn as a democrat mule!
and as successful, I have the luxury of being right, so that makes it easier.
Dozers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167916
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Bobby Jindal says this about Republicans:

Dumbed-Down Conservatism Must Go,'Stop being the stupid party' and playing with your supporters lives.

We cannot be, we must not be, the party that simply protects the rich so they get to keep their toys.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167917
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't vote for Romney! Ew!!!!!!!!!
"Wherefore, William Jefferson Clinton, by such conduct, warrants impeachment and trial, and removal from office and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States."
Yes. He was impeached. He was acquitted at trial. He was not removed from office and he was not disqualified to hold another office.
How can a President be impeached if the impeachment fails?
i don't think The actual impeachment process went on as long as this conversation...

:)
RebsFound

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167918
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

5

A nest of traitors live in Glendora, California these filthy REBS need to be brought to justice.

http://glendora.patch.com/articles/california ...

If they don't like it, then hoop a boat north ot south, at once.

In the good ole days, the iron rail would be warmed up for them to ride out of town.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167919
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

4

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i don't think The actual impeachment process went on as long as this conversation...
:)
LOL

I agree, passed the house on partisan lines, and failed in the Senate on partisan lines that could have been predicted long before it even started. We knew the result of both votes before they were taken.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167920
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't vote for Romney! Ew!!!!!!!!!
"Wherefore, William Jefferson Clinton, by such conduct, warrants impeachment and trial, and removal from office and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States."
Yes. He was impeached. He was acquitted at trial. He was not removed from office and he was not disqualified to hold another office.
How can a President be impeached if the impeachment fails?
He was impeached by the house, I never said otherwise, and then that impeachment failed in the senate.

like any criminal charge that goes to a trial, the prosecutors decide to press charges ( the impeachment ) it goes to trial ( the senate ) and there the outcome is decided, succeed or fail.
Flex

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167921
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

I'm sure some fleets will clear up your mind.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167922
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and as successful, I have the luxury of being right, so that makes it easier.
Danth's Law.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167923
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He was impeached by the house, I never said otherwise, and then that impeachment failed in the senate.
like any criminal charge that goes to a trial, the prosecutors decide to press charges ( the impeachment ) it goes to trial ( the senate ) and there the outcome is decided, succeed or fail.
Mona Lott said it well: "How can a President be impeached if the impeachment fails?"
Winston Smith

Boyds, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167924
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
There are good reasons to go through the expense of an impeachment if it ever becomes necessary.
It can be very useful and necessary. That's why we have it. We can just cut off foreign aid to one of the smaller countries that hates us for a day or two, that will more than cover the expense.
There is good reason to not go through needless expenses when you know you're going to lose. I've got a fair bit of time dedicated to court cases as an expert witness for the prosecution. We've picked our battles carefully, and save for a foul up by a DA we've had a 100% conviction rate with the team I've worked with over the last decade.

You noted the partisan nature of the Clinton trial. Correctly I might add. That is the way it would go down with Obama whether it is this Congress or the one just elected. The Senate is dominated by Democrats and they're not apt to hang one of their own.
Winston Smith

Boyds, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167925
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He was impeached by the house, I never said otherwise, and then that impeachment failed in the senate.
like any criminal charge that goes to a trial, the prosecutors decide to press charges ( the impeachment ) it goes to trial ( the senate ) and there the outcome is decided, succeed or fail.
Let us try putting it to you this way...

For argument's sake let's say I was accused of a crime. A grand jury hands down an indictment finding reason to go to criminal court with the charges. I go to criminal court and have a jury trial. The jury finds me innocent. Did the grand jury fail with the indictment?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167926
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Danth's Law.
I'm starting Tick's Law. those tat invoke danth's law have no argument watsoever...

i guess we can make up any rule we want and call it a law...
Brown Hole

Laguna Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167927
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Why do the queers need to make a big deal out of butt fucking and tuna licking...it's beyond belief!!

Men want to eat the crap out of their partners ass and suck and swallow the smega from their partners
diseased penis; and the women want to lick and suck the yeast infecion and blood from their partners tuna lips..OOOOKAYY...I guess they get off making their lifestyle choices public.
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167928
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
There is good reason to not go through needless expenses when you know you're going to lose.
So true---Can someone tell that to the GOP as they waste money on defending DOMA?

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167929
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not very expensive. We pay congress anyway, may as well get some useful work out of them!
The 2012 campaigns cost $4 billion dollars. That's expensive!
Yes, BILLIONS spent on the campaigns, and we have the SAME POTUS, the SAME diviion in the Senate, and the SAME division in the House. What does that tell you ?
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167930
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, BILLIONS spent on the campaigns, and we have the SAME POTUS, the SAME diviion in the Senate, and the SAME division in the House. What does that tell you ?
Apparantly corporate money CAN'T buy an election...

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167934
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparantly corporate money CAN'T buy an election...
That's certainly NOT what the liberals claim !

And didn't The Obamanaic take in MORE corporate money than Romney ???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••