Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,411

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167878 Nov 13, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
all you have to do is look it up, an impeachment is nothing but an accusation by vote, but it has to go to trial to succeed.
There have been 2 presidents impeached, but both impeachments failed in the senate.
They failed to convict him, they didn't fail to impeach him.

What a dope!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167879 Nov 13, 2012
DropBox wrote:
All of America is glad that this fool and his partners and bank rolling friends didn't either.
Check out the Zip-Heads victory site on the web and his magic words of victory too!
http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/146295...
http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2012-11-04_1280...

“Stop the liberal madness”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#167880 Nov 13, 2012
Has anyone seen the future of our military after the libs are finished?

"Gay Army "Concept"

&fe ature=relmfu
Winston Smith

Bumpass, VA

#167881 Nov 13, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Corallary: Give a man a welfare check, a cell phone, cash, food stamps, section 8 housing, Medicaid, 100 weeks of unemployment checks, and he will vote Democrat for a lifetime."
Funny Stuff!
Therein lies the problem. Welfare is a never ending train ride for many. It isn't exactly a life of luxury, but it is a way of life. It is structured all wrong. If I ruled the world there'd be lifetime limits on such benefits and they'd be attached with obligations. Can't learn a trade/skill, then you can walk the roadside picking up trash. Win win, clean streets, no obesity.
I would subsidize daycare for those who are getting back in the work force and/or gaining an education. Wanna sit at home and loaf? You're watching the kids then. Right now it is the other way around, get a job & lose daycare.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167882 Nov 13, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
They failed to convict him, they didn't fail to impeach him.
What a dope!
and conviction was of course the intent of the impeachment, as it is with any trial, which is why that impeachment failed.

It certainly did not have any results if it didnt convict, other than to waste our time and money.

Removal from office was actually stated in the impeachment, didnt happen ya know.

and we all know why, even if you dont.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#167883 Nov 13, 2012
Since same sex marriage can win at the polls, there is no evidence of subjugation or discrimination. They can't be a mascot victim group, win-win. The comparison to race is invalid, since gender differences are so different from racial differences. Let common sense rule; not activist courts rewriting marriage law.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167884 Nov 13, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Since same sex marriage can win at the polls, there is no evidence of subjugation or discrimination. They can't be a mascot victim group, win-win. The comparison to race is invalid, since gender differences are so different from racial differences. Let common sense rule; not activist courts rewriting marriage law.
Common sense is ruling, that is why it is passing in more and more states every year.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#167885 Nov 13, 2012
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
Mona and her libtard ilk know nothing about America .
Speaking of impeachment, lying about the events that led to the death of the U.S. ambassador to Libya might finally get Obama impeached.
I certainly nope so.

Also, Patreus ADMITTED to committing a crime. Adultery IS a criminal offense according to the UCMJ, which congress wrote. And in the past few years, I HAVE read of military people being charged for adultery and convicted of adultery. If one of the highest-ranking generals in the U.S. can pick and choose which criminal laws to obey, and which criminal laws to violate, why should ANYBORY else in the military of a lesser rank obey the UCMJ ?!

And remember that Patreus, and all others in the U.S. military VOLUNTEERED. And they SWORE AN OATH to OBEY the UCMJ in it's ENTIRETY WITHOUT EXCEPTION. If Patreus decided he no longer wanted to follow the UCMJ, he should have quit.

He COULD be court-martialed for this admission, and I hope he is, just to set an example. Why have laws at all if they don't apply equally to everyone, and high officials are free to violate them with impunity ?!
Winston Smith

Bumpass, VA

#167886 Nov 13, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and conviction was of course the intent of the impeachment, as it is with any trial, which is why that impeachment failed.
It certainly did not have any results if it didnt convict, other than to waste our time and money.
Removal from office was actually stated in the impeachment, didnt happen ya know.
and we all know why, even if you dont.
It would have been a failure if it never made it out of the House.
As it was the House impeached him. Then it went to trial and he was acquitted. The impeachment, like Andrew Johnson's was a success.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167887 Nov 13, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and conviction was of course the intent of the impeachment, as it is with any trial, which is why that impeachment failed.
It certainly did not have any results if it didnt convict, other than to waste our time and money.
Removal from office was actually stated in the impeachment, didnt happen ya know.
and we all know why, even if you dont.
The impeachment didn't "fail".

Yes I know why he was impeached in the House- partisanship. And I know why he was acquitted in the Senate- partisanship. I don't know what you think the reasons are though. Probably something real dopey!

What a dope!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167888 Nov 13, 2012
Just as the impeachment was voted for in the house along partisan lines, we all know it was just a partisan show in every respect and a waste of taxpayersí money.

If it has succeeded Clinton would have been removed from office, but it failed in the senate on Feb 12 1999 so he was not removed from office.

nothing but a time and money wasting political show.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167889 Nov 13, 2012
Big D wrote:
Just as the impeachment was voted for in the house along partisan lines, we all know it was just a partisan show in every respect and a waste of taxpayersí money.
If it has succeeded Clinton would have been removed from office, but it failed in the senate on Feb 12 1999 so he was not removed from office.
nothing but a time and money wasting political show.
It succeeded. If it failed, it wouldn't have gone to the Senate. Did it go to the Senate Big D? Yes, it went to the Senate Mike. So it didn't fail! Big D!

What a dope!

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#167890 Nov 13, 2012
Big D wrote:
Just as the impeachment was voted for in the house along partisan lines, we all know it was just a partisan show in every respect and a waste of taxpayersí money.
If it has succeeded Clinton would have been removed from office, but it failed in the senate on Feb 12 1999 so he was not removed from office.
nothing but a time and money wasting political show.
Fine. whateva u say. How about just for you, we do it ALL OVER AGAIN, just to please you, on The Obamanaic, and THIS TIME, we'll make SURE it succeeds !

OK ?

:)
Winston Smith

Sykesville, MD

#167891 Nov 13, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine. whateva u say. How about just for you, we do it ALL OVER AGAIN, just to please you, on The Obamanaic, and THIS TIME, we'll make SURE it succeeds !
OK ?
:)
Yes, we need the House to impeach Obama and the Senate to acquit, again. Yep, we need to waste money and time on crap like this. Have you finished your underground bunker yet? Best git crackin' before the commies take over. Don't forget to stock up on tinfoil too.
sociopathic Liberals

Chico, CA

#167892 Nov 13, 2012
TIME TO DIE:
U.N. ADS PROMOTE KILLING OFF THE ELDERLY.

Hey all you wrinkly, middle-aged has-beens: Are you ready to move over and let the next generation have your spot on the planet? After all, youíve lived a good life. And your aging body is going to cost taxpayers a lot more than the salt you think you are worth. In other words, your return-on-investment isnít looking so good to the United Nations.

In case you havenít heard, our brains are being conditioned to look upon you as the burden you are. And itís time you see yourself that way too:

Thatís right. The UN is promoting we EUTHANIZE our aging parents. If that ad didnít send chills up your spine, the next one will. These commercials are pointing us to Agenda 21, a global strategy to reduce the population in the years ahead. Yes, it sounds like something out of a zombie movie, but itís been going on now for several years as weíve been reporting.

Disguised as environmental stewardship, Agenda 21 is nothing more than repackaged Socialism, and many heavy-hitters with billions of dollars and a worldwide influence are behind it.
http://standupforthetruth.com/2012/11/time-to ...
The fart

Irving, TX

#167893 Nov 13, 2012
i did
Spinxed

Covina, CA

#167894 Nov 13, 2012
Grover Norquist muslim Extremist friends and lovers have call for destruction of Egyptian antiquities.

Whats Grover doing by living in the United States of America, he should be over there with his wife's family members tearing up the Middle East.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167895 Nov 13, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
It succeeded. If it failed, it wouldn't have gone to the Senate. Did it go to the Senate Big D? Yes, it went to the Senate Mike. So it didn't fail! Big D!
What a dope!
and failed in the sennate feb 12 1999, unfortnuatly, I wish it had not failed, but it did.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167896 Nov 13, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we need the House to impeach Obama and the Senate to acquit, again. Yep, we need to waste money and time on crap like this. Have you finished your underground bunker yet? Best git crackin' before the commies take over. Don't forget to stock up on tinfoil too.
It's not very expensive. We pay congress anyway, may as well get some useful work out of them!

The 2012 campaigns cost $4 billion dollars. That's expensive!
DumpDonald

Covina, CA

#167897 Nov 13, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 hr JOEL 71,559
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Tue Joe Balls 1,530
Ezekiel Lopez-Figueroa at his sentencing this m... (Dec '11) Tue Vicky Lopez 9
Dual language immersion program offered for kin... (Jan '10) Tue fed up 30
Beware of Monterey Audi. Feb 4 Dave 1
Multiple suspects in custody for Seaside shootings Jan '15 Anonymous 1
Peninsula high school students arrested in 'fig... (Sep '09) Jan '15 trey 108
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:05 pm PST