Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 20 comments on the Aug 4, 2010, www.cnn.com story titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

CareBear

La Puente, CA

#167840 Nov 13, 2012
A final tally of votes gave Democratic candidate Kyrsten Sinema the edge over her GOP rival to represent a new Phoenix-area district.
Republic

La Puente, CA

#167841 Nov 13, 2012
Gay marriage backers plan campaigns in more states in the republic.

“MiamiCorrupt”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#167842 Nov 13, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are fundies such racists?
Hard to say but they aren't called Kristian KKonservatives by so many for nothing.

Apparently as long as they pray for the needs of someone’s soul they are absolved from having to care about their body and who is kidding who when they say they are "praying" for the sick, poor, less fortunate.

When you get to know some , you realize they operate on hate, hate is their fuel . The more hate and misery they can spread ,the happier they are.

The south has so many of them but politically they are not stupid and they attempt to win over as many non Christians as possible while laughing behind their backs because they feel non Christians are going to hell.

"Some conservative Christians hate our government and teach others hateful lying conspiracy theories in order to convince the simple and the gullible to support their agenda of hate. All this is contrary to the teachings in the Bible that tells us to obey and submit to government authorities that God places over us.

Some Christian conservatives want to do away with most government social programs that aid the poor. They believe that if government would get out of the picture people would be better off. Some fail to understand that most of the nation is not truly Christian and most in this nation will not take care of the less fortunate and downtrodden. In fact, I doubt if most conservative "Christians" would do very much to help those that are less fortunate than themselves either. "

http://www.thepropheticyears.com/comments/Chr...

“what are you talking about you”

Since: Mar 11

schlappington, by god

#167843 Nov 13, 2012
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167845 Nov 13, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>The Senate DOES NOT vote on impeachment. The President is already impeached BEFORE it gets to the Senate.
There has to be an indictment BEFORE the trial. THAT'S what impeachment is.
The impeachment did NOT fail. Two articles of impeachment were passed by the House.
Impeachment is NOT removal from office. Impeachment is indictment.... a formal charge. Clinton was acquitted of the specific charges against him. He wasn't found not guilty of impeachment.
Incorrect the house votes for an impeachment, the articles of impeachment are handed over to the senate to be tried, and that impeachment is tired in the senate, Clintons Impeachment failed on Feb 12 1999

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167846 Nov 13, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>The Senate DOES NOT vote on impeachment. The President is already impeached BEFORE it gets to the Senate.
There has to be an indictment BEFORE the trial. THAT'S what impeachment is.
The impeachment did NOT fail. Two articles of impeachment were passed by the House.
Impeachment is NOT removal from office. Impeachment is indictment.... a formal charge. Clinton was acquitted of the specific charges against him. He wasn't found not guilty of impeachment.
This Big D clown is a real piece of work eh, Mona Lott? Insists Clinton's impeachment "failed"! Funny stuff!

Don't go so easy on him. Call him names and sh!t. He's as stubborn as some quacked out fundie!

And he's a big dope!

Fun!
Republic

La Puente, CA

#167847 Nov 13, 2012
Get informed: http://www.infowars.com/

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#167848 Nov 13, 2012
"Big D" obviously means "Big Dope".
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167849 Nov 13, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
This Big D clown is a real piece of work eh, Mona Lott? Insists Clinton's impeachment "failed"! Funny stuff!
Don't go so easy on him. Call him names and sh!t. He's as stubborn as some quacked out fundie!
And he's a big dope!
Fun!
I am informed, he was impeached, the impeachment went to the senate and the impeachment failed there, and he was not removed from office.

It takes both houses of congress, one to vote for an impeachment, and the other to try an impeachment.

Outcome... zip
Hero

La Puente, CA

#167850 Nov 13, 2012
Same dorks who post there hate material over and over again!
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#167851 Nov 13, 2012
Hero wrote:
Same dorks who post there hate material over and over again!
If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. A liberal wonders who is hating him.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167853 Nov 13, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am informed, he was impeached, the impeachment went to the senate and the impeachment failed there, and he was not removed from office.
It takes both houses of congress, one to vote for an impeachment, and the other to try an impeachment.
Outcome... zip
Outcome acquittal. Couldn't have been an acquittal without an impeachment. Bill Clinton was impeached. He wasn't "failed" to be impeached.

What a dope!
DropBox

La Puente, CA

#167854 Nov 13, 2012
So you can put anytype of Bull in one of these out of town drop boxes, thats nice to know.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#167855 Nov 13, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect the house votes for an impeachment, the articles of impeachment are handed over to the senate to be tried, and that impeachment is tired in the senate, Clintons Impeachment failed on Feb 12 1999
When the vote on articles of impeachment passes the House, the President is impeached. Impeached = indicted=formally charged. A trial is NOT an indictment. Clinton was acquitted of the charges. He WAS impeached.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#167856 Nov 13, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am informed, he was impeached, the impeachment went to the senate and the impeachment failed there, and he was not removed from office.
It takes both houses of congress, one to vote for an impeachment, and the other to try an impeachment.
Outcome... zip
Not true. Only the House impeaches.
DropBox

La Puente, CA

#167858 Nov 13, 2012
So you can put any type of Bull in one of these out of town drop boxes, thats nice to know.

A drop box is like a trash can that never gets emptied?

Do you have to put the lid back on?

Nope, leave them off so they draw more out of towners posting that are really just flies.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167859 Nov 13, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Outcome acquittal. Couldn't have been an acquittal without an impeachment. Bill Clinton was impeached. He wasn't "failed" to be impeached.
What a dope!
Yes when any case ends in an acquittal, that case is a failure, ask any prosecutor.

I never once said he was failed to be impeached, he was impeached by the house, and that impeachment filed in the senate Feb 12 1999, and that is history, not opinion, not conjecture
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167860 Nov 13, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>Not true. Only the House impeaches.
and then the senate ties that impeachment, and his impeachment failed in the senate on Feb 12 1999

I can repeat this as many times as you need until you understand
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167861 Nov 13, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
When the vote on articles of impeachment passes the House, the President is impeached. Impeached = indicted=formally charged. A trial is NOT an indictment. Clinton was acquitted of the charges. He WAS impeached.
and that formal charge failed in the sennate on Feb 12 1999
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#167862 Nov 13, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes when any case ends in an acquittal, that case is a failure, ask any prosecutor.
I never once said he was failed to be impeached, he was impeached by the house, and that impeachment filed in the senate Feb 12 1999, and that is history, not opinion, not conjecture
The impeachment is the indictment, NOT THE TRIAL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Apr 19 rabbee yehoshooah... 71,942
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) Apr 18 BrocSD 8
News Four suspects still at large in Monterey Penins... Apr 15 M JC 29 1
News Jewish-Christian charity helps Ukrainians move ... Apr 3 Azat 1
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Apr 2 svorpion 1,531
News Homicide suspect Victor Cabrera has long histor... (Oct '08) Mar '15 mando 12
News Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Mar '15 Gary 16
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]